Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

mac user-help!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by lerual, Apr 7, 2004.

1. lerual

lerual IncGamers Member

mac user-help!

Hey, sorry if this was the wrong forum to post this in; i searched for mac posts and found another one here.

I have a problem-I can't install diablo ii.

There doesn't seem to be a way to install d2 classic on my mac.
    I got a diablo ii cd a few years ago (not a pirated one, of course), and it worked fine on my pc. I just got a mac, and wanted to install it, because blizzard games are (supposed to be) hybrid cd's, right? So I place in the install disk, but I can't really access the files inside. There's no "Diablo ii Installer" inside the disk, just the usual .exe and .mpg files. Do I have to buy another diablo ii?

I've installed warcraft iii frozen throne successfully. And the lod expansion disk works fine, only when i try to install lod, and it comes to the part where it says "insert diablo ii install disk", the computer rejects the install disk.

So does that mean that my diablo ii install disk is fake/broken?

2. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

Hi lerual and welcome to the SPF :)

There are a number of mac users who frequent this forum that should be able to help you out with any mac specific issues. This however doesn't look like a mac specific thing.

I'm a bit confused - have you got D2 classic installed correctly and are trying to upgrade it to LoD? Or are you having problems installing classic?

Not meaning to patronise you at all, but let's just run through the installation procedure one more time.

1. Insert Classic Install disc (disc 1)
    2. Select whichever installation type you like
    3. It prompts you for the Play disc - put it in (disc 2)
    4. If you selected Full install, it will prompt for the Movies disc (3)
    5. Prompts again for the Install disc (1)
    6. Run the video selector (i think this step might be PC only)
    7. Check that the game works in Classic 1.00 or 1.03 depending on what copy of the original CDs you have (they did a reprint after 1.03 came out)

LoD time:
    1. Insert LoD disc
    2. Select install expansion
    3. I'm pretty sure it prompts here for the Diablo II Play disc (disc 2) NOT the install disc (disc 1) - insert as appropriate
    4. It prompts for the LoD CD - put it in.
    5. Video selector (again, could be PC only, and not even sure if it autoruns on PC)
    6. Check operation of LoD version 1.07
    7. Install whatever patch you want to play (or connect to BNet to apply 1.10 if you want to play there)

Sorry if that sounded patronising - if so, head on over to our bar the EMB and grab a few rounds on me :drink:

3. Stile58

Stile58 IncGamers Member

As TrenShadow stated, There are 3 Discs for Diablo II Classic Install.

I just took a look at mine. The 'Install disc has 3 Files: -DiabloII installer, -DiabloII Read me, And a support folder.

Clicking on 'Installer' should Launch the Classic environment if you are using OSX.

Check the front of your Jewel case, and make sure you are using a Hybrid CD. I am pretty sure Blizzard released 2 versions, 1 for windows only, and 1 for Windows/Mac.

-Frank

4. lerual

lerual IncGamers Member

!!
    I just checked jewel case, and it doesn't say anything.
    However, the install cd says Windows 2000/**/95/nt.
    *sigh*
    I guess I'm not gonna be able to play Diablo ii.
    Such a waste, considering my Diablo ii lod cd is a hybrid cd.

Thanks anyways for all your help. :)

5. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

There are some hybrid disks but there are also Win-only ones. Looks like you have one of those . . . If you can wait a few days I might be able to upload some .dmg files for you (if you're on OS X those should work); otherwise you might take a trip to Ebay and see what sort of deal you can get on used disks.