Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Mac question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Crazy_mof0, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Crazy_mof0

Crazy_mof0 IncGamers Member

Mac question

I just got a new ibook which means i cant use my diabloII cd for the pc. i wanted to get back to playing but im not sure if i can play with those using a pc when i am using a mac. What do you guys think?

2. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

I use a Mac also and have some experiance that will help you. First of all I assume you are taking about playing LAN games off of B.net. (B.net is not and issue of course, you can play all you want.) I use my Mac for video/graphics/photo work and understand little about network things but I can tell you I used to play with a friend who used a PC. He was the network guru. I'd bring my Powerbook over and connect to his network. He set it all up. Both machines connected to a router or ethernet switch of some sort. Settings then were made when launching D2 and selecting TCP/IP game. It works is the short answer. Wish I had more detailed info for you. Maybe someone with exacting details will chime in.

Glenn
    :flip:

3. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

...oh and congrats on the new iBook. Smart choice. Welcome to the world of stability and ease of use with a touch of elegance tossed in.

Glenn

4. Crazy_mof0

thanks a lot. actually i did want to play on bnet. not used to the ibook. mac os x is a little different than windows. so far i like the mac over the pc.

5. Crazy_mof0

oh while im at it im wondering how the gameplay is different. obviously there is no left or right click. so how does that work?

6. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Two solutions. Buy a two button mouse or hold the control button down with free hand. I have used both methods extensively and I find the Apple Pro mouse to be the better solution. Reason is you are not clicking but actually pushing the entire mouse down. It amounts to way less hand fatigue. Plus you can push the mouse down a lot faster than you can click.

Glenn

7. Crazy_mof0

hmmmm i think i try the controll key first. thanks again for the help.