Mac Help: Ladder runewords question

Lynchgrinch

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place - if not i'll take it down.

So, i'm one of the many plebs who plays on mac *hides from abuse* and suffers from the lack of RWM. I've thought of a possible way around this and wanted to know what the scoop was on it.

If I was to set up an IP address multiplayer with one of the SP'ers here and trade them my 4os Thresher and Runes would they be able to make Insight and then trade back? Would this be SPF legal and would it work?

I don't have access to a PC and i'm losing the will to live without some of those great ladder only runewords.

Any input is much appreciated!

Last edited:

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
@Lynchgrinch I assume you use ATMA or GoMule to stash your items? Typically, SPF trades are done by sending these stashes over email so you don't have to set up TCP/IP games and figure out best times to all traders to join in. Works especially well between people from different timezones ie Europe and North America.

And yes, if someone creates a ladder runeword and sends it to you, or anyone who doesn't have RWM active, the runeword stays and works just fine! I know this because I create ladder runewords on my old Windows laptop (RWM active and working, v1.14d installation) and then move them to Mac (no RWM active, v1.14d installation) and everything works perfectly.

Lynchgrinch

Diabloii.Net Member
@Neksja, Ahhhhh excellent!! Thank you!

Yes, I use GoMule....sending stashes makes a lot of sense. Where can I got to organise this sort of stuff? The SP trade forum seems a bit...dead! hahaha.

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member
@Lynchgrinch it has been literally years since I dealt with anything related to trading here, so it's best to head to the SP trade forum and check the FAQs etc there. At least in the past, it was a temp bannable (?) offense to figure out trade and swaps like these on the main SPF forum. I know the trade forum looks dead, but can't hurt your chances to make a post there (after you've figured if you need to set up a trader profile etc., best to check the FAQs), right? :)

Lynchgrinch

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, I've already snooped about made a trade profile etc. But thanks for the sound advice. Temp ban?! forgot how tidy the SPF was kept by our awesome mods!!

Thanks again!