Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lycander's Aim

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Thirty-Thirty, May 17, 2005.

1. Thirty-Thirty

Thirty-Thirty IncGamers Member

Lycander's Aim

Ahoy,

In Meph's latest spree of generosity, I've picked up Homunculous, Herald of Zakarum, another Harley and Lycander's Aim. I took a moment to have a look at this baby's stats. Isn't this bow a pretty good Strafer weapon, especially after upgrade, but even before? IAS, +skills, healthy damage? Not a Windforce, but usable, no?

30-30

2. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Like you said, it's no WF. But the good thing is they have the same speed, so if you find a wf, you can just switch right over given you have the str. It's an okay bow before that, can get you by on p1 hell, but nothing to write home about.

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

It´s a crying shame that rogue mercs can´t use amazon-specific bows! I´ve found Lycander´s Aim 3-4 times in mid-NM with characters that had a rogue merc who at the time was using a bow that was clearly inferior to Lycander´s.

4. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Wouldn't upgrade it. Weapon damage dependant bow skills all suck pretty bad. Even with a windforce you'll be killing slow compared to the average character. (Yes, you can beat hell with a bowzon, I'm not contesting that. You can beat hell with pretty much everything.)

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I have a perfect 200% enhanced damage Lycander's and it's an awesome bow...however I think it loses some of its magic when upgraded because the +25-50 damage becomes less dominant:(

6. ron

ron IncGamers Member

Lycanders is a great bow. My HC strafer made it through all of hell with very little problem. I used strafe with a point in frozen arrow and maxed LF with titans on switch. I had very few problems until I got to the Ancients. That took a little while.