Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LW+Grief for Frenzy?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by soul killer, Aug 29, 2006.

1. soul killer

soul killer Banned

LW+Grief for Frenzy?

Hmmm thinking of remaking my frenzy barb from a sword mast. to axe mast.
    I was thinking i could use Lwz and Griefz (ive got both), or Greifz and Beastz? or LWz and Beastz? :scratch:
    Which would be the best combo for pvm in terms of killing speed and versitility?

2. Gauss

Gauss IncGamers Member

Have u think in Famine?

3. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Ew Famine just aint a barb wep, maybe Vengeance pally but not a barb.

4. Billweed

Billweed Banned

Sure they both easy to make just spend the $

Lets see - LW & Grief both work fine, best PVP in game (PVM use BEAST and BoTD - see the comparison threads these are cheaper and better PVM everyone wants Grief/LW ETH Beserk Axe it's so sexy - Why PVP! not PVM! use it non-ETH even and try to repair it once and you can figure it out "DUH Your A NOOB" this is not made for PVM) These only make sense PVM as Phase Blades, Grief is a bit better Dam but the LW will save your *** more often, I traded my Grief however as I had it for a smiter and smite does not work as well now, that said you realize that a Lastwish a lot of JAH right? :)
    I played the first 2 seasons ladder in a clan as the barb warcry build that prebuffed everyone and ran after everyone horking FI and picking up and mine is the only one I know of legit (as in I found or got in game from someone that had found it in that game).
    More realistic choices if you not paying money for it are Ultra Good Uniques or Death, Doom, Eternity and HOJ as most these are non ladder and cheaper. For a Zeal pal or Frenzy barb build on the cheap a socketed Cruel/Quickness type mod or a Crafted or RARE with sockets can be awesome as well, The Rares that spawn with sockets and weird mods like % cast spells and Min/max/Enh Damage (PER LVL) mods can be really sick at high level and trade cheap from a low level that has no idea what it looks like L8r, they also upgrade to elite easy l8r in game, if you get 2 sockets & socket with Rare jewels/Facets I have seen these with more mods than anything and 15% cast Amp Damage etc.
    If U want to save some points Fury still works to make a throw barb a frenzy killer as you have all the Pre points
    That said if you legit pick up stuff, ID the rares and disregard the norm/excpt/elite status look at the MOD's on it

5. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Ok, no idea what your going on about lol, but you reckon LWz+Grief is fine?

6. Taz

Taz IncGamers Member

Death+Beast

7. Billweed

Billweed Banned

Sure....

Sorry you can't read more than a paragraph without getting confused, but I'm not going over it all again.
    Enjoy them while they last in PVM and watch the guy with Beast and ETH BoTD Killing everything faster than U.

8. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

I just made a frenzy mfer and have tried last wish/grief and it works great.Iam using phase blades though so your zerkers will cost you to repair regularly.Good reason to do some countess runs,she drops rals regularly.

9. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Thx for replys guys,ill stick with LW and Grief cuz i cant be bothered getting hrs for beast and death.

10. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Dont get me wrong, i love beastz/griefz combo, but for frenzy, you really need dual leech weaps to keep topping up your two bulbs.

ebotdz and edeathz are :thumbsup: in this case

11. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Well theres 6ll Arreats and 9ll Carrion,thats 15ll and i think thats quite good.
    LWz also has 10% CTC Life Tap, so i think that all of that ll should keep me outta trouble in hell.And if i need mana ill drink a pot :smiley:

12. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

im helping my friend gear his frenzy barb so we can uber

so farm his setup is like
    arreats(shael)
    enigma
    ebotd colossus blade
    low dracs
    gores/toe
    highlords
    strings

im wondering wat i should get for a secondary weapon, obvious choice would be last wish but that is quite runey and expensive i was considering a beast
    should i make it in a colossus blade? or anotehr sword, this is pure pvm

also base weapon speed doesnt affect frenzy speed right, what ias is needed to reach max frenzy speed

13. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

We need mana and life leech tyvm!!!

Carrion Wind ahahah, dont think so... Dual ravens all the way
    Lifetap from LWz overwrites Decrepify and AmpDamage, dont think so again :smiley:
    Lifetap really is a safety device. Unless your Ubering (but even then, thats debateable) LoH gloves is a frenzy barbs best friend

14. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

Lol at that

Frenzy needs to continuosly leech mana, because of all the mana burners in hell. Its like u've never played frenzy b4 omfg.

15. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

What does decrep and amp damage have to do with anything.Oh and btw they overwrite each other..its like youve never baaled before and had an oks amp damage overwritten by baals decrep.

More accessible choice for death is colossus sword as it has 5 sockets as maximum col blade has 6.

All you need soulkiller is a nice rare mana steal ring.Frenzy only needs 3 mana/hit.I have a 4%mana steal ring and dont have trouble.

16. Spankeh

Spankeh IncGamers Member

See? this is where noobs pop up and say they know all

Obviously you dont understand anything so ill make it easy for you step by step.

1. We all know only one curse can be cast at one time
    2. Life Tap is nice and all, but its a safety device, and not much else
    3. Instead of a safety device, id rather cast either decrepify or amp damage, and not have it overwritten by lifetap
    4. Lw has life tap, so bye bye Lw

Get it now? open your eyes a little bit.. ahhhhh its starting to sink in now, right? Yes, you learn something everyday

17. soul killer

soul killer Banned

Well ill see,if i have trouble with mana ill put on a rare mana leech ring.
    And think before you call ppl with 4x more posts than you a noob.

18. jimmah

jimmah IncGamers Member

Seems like the barb forum has plenty of rude people. Haven't noticed this in other parts.

19. psych

psych IncGamers Member

Beast cannot be made in a sword. I chose death as a secondary weapon for my sword frenzy baba.

Do a search for frenzy speeds and IAS needed.

If mana is a problem, I suggest using double swing, at lvl 8, or 9 or 10 it costs no mana to use and is a powerfull attack in itself (also a synergy to frenzy, but I am sure you knew this).

20. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Your 100% right there Spankeh ...Take a good hard look in the mirror :wave: