Lvl68fishy asking about a shield

Oldini

Diabloii.Net Member
Lvl68fishy asking about a shield

Just got back last week to D2 from a couple of years of WoW. Started with a fishy since it seemed like the nice to play char. Got myself up to a point where I'm doing bossruns in Nightmare on lvl68 (I know I probably should start questing in hell soonish). Now that I'm starting to get some greens and goldens I've got a dilemma. I have so far found 3 usable shields: Sigon's guard(+1skills, huge block + possible diamond), Tiamat's rebuke(for resists), and a pretty nice zombie head with +3 amp damage. No heads whatsoever that have either summoning skills or raise skeleton have dropped yet. Which one to use?

I am leaning slightly towards the sigon's for the huge blocking compared to the things I've used so far.

Oh yeah. Sigons would push me up to 10 skellies total. Which prolly along with the added damage output from them would be very nice. However my resists will be very low in hell if I don't use Tiamat's. Of course I have a Pdiamond in stash so I could get the sigon's resists up a bit if I felt like it. I'm going to drop the head anyway.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
Get together 10-20 pgems and buy a homunculus.

That's the only fishy shield. There's nothing even close in my book.

If you really have to pick one of those, take the +skills.

Oldini

Diabloii.Net Member
Get together 10-20 pgems and buy a homunculus.

That's the only fishy shield. There's nothing even close in my book.

If you really have to pick one of those, take the +skills.
That is obviously eventually in the future, but for the moment I'd like to use what I have found.

Zarniwoop

Diabloii.Net Member
Then I would definitely use the +skills items. Your skeletons being powerful is much more important than you being powerful when untwinked. I played up into the mid 70s untwinked this time, so I know where you're at.

Everyone should beat the game untwinked once =). Keep it up.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Try hunting for Necro Heads. A +2 or more Skeleton/Mastery/both, or a +Summoning/Necro skills magic/rare one beats Sigons easily.

I survived with a white +3 Skeleton Mastery Gargoyle Head right up until level 73 or so...

Oh, and a +3 Boneflame/Darkforce is better than Homunculus for fishys. Resists and Block are meh... +skills is where it's at.

jag

Diabloii.Net Member
Surprised you havent found a head/shield with necro skills on it yet. Be sure to pick up all white, grey, blue and yellows that drop and ID them all. I have often found ones with + rs or + sm even in normal.

Mongun

Diabloii.Net Member
I personally favour blocking over plus skills (Homunculous obviously being the best of both worlds), since Minions tend to be rather slow to advance in dungeon areas, which means that I have to do much of the scouting ahead myself. I am impatient like that. This of course means I often run into monsters without my army all around me. Even running back to them as soon as I see monsters often nets me a hit or two which, more often than not, is simply blocked.
So for that reason I went down the block route. It's simply safer, and allows for a slightly more aggressive style of play.

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
+3 Boneflames are where its really at, as for untwinked.... go with the sigs, ive played skellymancers up into the mid 80s with a sig shield, no Pdiamond either.

Bogie,