Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

= Lvl 99 Blizzard Sorc Contest! =

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Vorbiss, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Vorbiss

Vorbiss IncGamers Member

= Lvl 99 Blizzard Sorc Contest! =

Today I've deleted D2, and allmost all of my items will be given away, since I am at Grail-1 situation, there are plenty of items to be given away. But there will be separate thread etc. Now let's get to the point: I've collected Blizz sorc gear for quite some time, but never got to play her much, and since I've deleted D2, this gear will be given away too. But I'd like to give it as a package, and this will be the way to do this:

THE CONTEST:

I'll pick one of the pll expressed interest, I'll send him the gear, and after 2 months he must have lvl 99 Bllizz Sorc using that gear. If he wasn't able to reach lvl 99, he'll pick another person to accept the gear for two months, and so on till someone actually make it to sorc lvl 99. The first to succeed will keep the gear, and those are some quite nifty items too! If there is lack of interest, I'll giveaway the items like the other items from my collection.(I haven't decided yet how exactly to do this tho)

Rules:
    You explain the reasons why you think you are able to do this, list a blizz sorc build you'd use if I pick you to try, convince me that you are very serious and you won't just waste the time of the other contestants waiting to try! You realize that you'll have to play this char almost exclusively to have a chance, do you?! :lol:

Before lvl 85 you can use whatever items you want, but when you get to lvl 85 you may only use the gear I gave you, nothing else. rings/amulet/rest of your inv space you can use however you like tho.

IMPORTANT: You can't do anything with the items other than trying to achieve 99 lvl with them, so it's strongly prohibited to trade/borrow them to anyone!

I'll chose the first one to try after 30 hours or so.

The Gear you'll (possibly) get:

6x Chilling GC's (cold skillers)
    Death's Fathom with +29% to cold skill dam (almsot perfect!)
    Nightwing's Veil with +14% to cold skill dam (almost perf too!)
    Ormus' Robes with +14% to cold skill dam and +3 to Blizzard
    Arachnid's Mesh
    Uniqe/Set Shield of your Choise. I have them all.
    4x Cold Facets
    Uniqu/Set Boots of your Choise. Again, all boots are available.

That's it, I'm short on SoJ's and Mara's, so you'll have to find them on your own somehow. ;)

Enjoy! ;)

2. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

you didn't speak about the number version ! 1.09 or 1.10 ?

3. cloudstride

cloudstride Banned

It's 1.10, look at the items ;)

4. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

I think thats impossible Vorbiss.

It's so sad to see you leave though, are you sure you have done everything you wanted to with this game?

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

well, im definitly in :thumbsup: in about 2 weeks i can play ALOT once again, and i really would like to see what a 100% blizz sorc is capable off.
    so i'm in if i can be candidate 2 or 3 ^^ i already got my barb darius to lvl 97,5 in about 2,5 months but well, i wasnt playing him on a race and hey, he is a barb right ^^

so yeah, count me in plz... if i'm worthy enough off course to compete in this wonderful competition :uhhuh:

regards,

robin

6. Liter Soul

Liter Soul IncGamers Member

I'd be very willing to try. I had a blizzard sorc on battle.net that I miss soooo much. Finished hell day 3 of the ladder. Level 50 blizzard.

If you find me worthy, I shall take up this cup. Too bad the belt isn't Snowclash though.

Build: Skills
    20 - Ice Bolt
    20 - Ice Blast
    20 - Glacial Spike
    20 - Blizzard
    20 - Cold Mastery
    1 - Frost Nova
    1 - Warmth
    1 - Static
    1 - Telekinesis
    1 - Teleport

The last 5 points would go to the cold armors, whichever one she seems to need most.

Strength - Enough to use her gear
    Dexterity - Max blocking
    vitality - Everything else
    Energy - Base

Also, would MP gaming be allowed?

7. loverat

loverat IncGamers Member

Oh jiggy! I will be in I have moved, I am set up - and I have bugger all else to do + I am love sorcies and my first d2 sorcie was blizz/fw :clap:

And I think Snowbunny is such a sweeeeet name too! I think I am getting all girly in my old age =D

8. moi

moi IncGamers Member

I seem to recall a number cruncher saying 45 days of nonstop solo p8 baal runs to get from 98-99? whatever it is, its rediculous.

If I was gonna do 45+ days straight baal running? I'd get some gear with MF on it, using that junk you have is rediculous.

9. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

Yes, it is ridiculous, so give it to me so I can get rid of it properly! :cool:

10. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

aww that was evil

11. Liter Soul

Oh! A new reason why I should be first to try! As soon as I reach 99 I'll PK moi. :lol:

12. Liter Soul

Also, I really would like to know if MP gaming is allowed. That would make a major impact on the fun-factor.

13. moi

moi IncGamers Member

Meh. Just because gear is difficult to obtain doesn't make it good. That setup supposed to be for max damage? It even fails at that (snowclash for arachnid's in particular). In addition, it has very little as far as resists goes, no MF or +Life or +Mana bonuses, no PDR. You still have jewelry, gloves, boots, shield, and charm space (but not too much of it - you're required to waste 6 GC spaces with the provided junk), but there's a lot of lost ground to cover too. You're also limited in how much you can make up by the requirement that the gloves/boots/shield be set or unique - i guess only "noobs" use rares and runewords??

I stopped playing bnet to get away from this mentality that values commonly used clichéd equipment that may be unobtainium but is junk anyway.

Also, like I said before, I challenge you to find someone who will waste the time - we're talking about huge amounts of time here - to get that "thing" to level 99 with that "equipment"; as far as I know there are no legit SP chars that are lvl 99 and were created solely in 1.10 yet. The argument "people will pass around the char slowly adding expereience and eventually someone will hit 99" doesn't work either - with that crap they'll be dying far too often. Sure its possibly if you're good enough and patient enough to do WSK runs all day wearing that, but multiply out by the sheer number of runs required and the varying skill levels of everyone who would be touching the character.

Keep in mind during these constant WSK runs they'll net on average many fewer sets and uniques than my junk 82 MF zealot does, thanks to the lack of MF.

14. moi

moi IncGamers Member

I don't have a usable internet connection (for D2) at college, and I don't play PVP even when I'm on semester breaks. So... yeah :scratch:

15. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

I'm willing to try this, I had so bad luck with other quipment so I hope this is my lucky day!

16. Liter Soul

First off, that was a joke moi. And secondly, if it was supposed to be perfect it wouldn't be a pure Blizzard sorc. Vorbiss made an offer, not you. He was asking for volunteers, not forcing you to use it. I hardly think that setting up a contest and setting the guidelines merits the flaming you're giving it. This wasn't supposed to be a negatively toned thread, but you're making it one. Please stop.

Good hunting to whoever gets picked as the first person to lose their personal lives for two months.

17. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

I would change the way you are doing it. I think if would be a lot more fun it was like:

Get is a list of all the ppl willing to play it. Order it randomly from first to last.
    Provide a stash with 10~15 of your better items.

Give the char to the first on the list. He will play it for 2 weeks. If he gets to 99, the stash is all his. If not, take one item away from the stash and pass the char to the next player. And so on, until one player reaches 99 (and win the stash) or the stash ends up with no items. If the last player of the list won't make it, return the char to the first, who gets another chance.

It would be a group achievement, rather than a solo burden.

Also, try to set the build and full equipment, so that there is no "who the heck spent a point in Hydra?" complains.

If you choose this way, put me up on your list. Otherwise, playing it exclusively and intensively for 2 months is not so fun IMO.

Good luck anyway!

18. farting bob

farting bob Banned

id give up on it after i do the first few WSK runs... ive got a lvl 87 character, and thanks to MFO pindle running he is moving along, but that will stop by lvl 89/90 (and its over soon so i wwont gwet that high with him anyway..)

19. moi

moi IncGamers Member

You've made a personal insult to me. I've critiqued a proposed gear setup and character build. I suggest you step back and look at where you are in this thread.

20. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

:lol:

That's my Fathom right? I see it's going to be put to very good use if someone is willing enough to try this. :clap: