Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lvl 91 MFer, stat and skill placement?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ElmoCorruptsChildren, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ElmoCorruptsChildren

ElmoCorruptsChildren Diabloii.Net Member

Lvl 91 MFer, stat and skill placement?

So my primary MFer is a Bowazon, and I've gained some levels as I've played. After upgrading my weapon from a Buriza to a Hellrack, I had to spend quite a few stat points in order to equip it, but I've got 26 stat points and 10 skill points to invest. I figure that now's the time to use them, since it can only make the game easier after I've upgraded my character a bit. Here's the dilly-yo...

Her primary attacks are Multishot and Guided Arrow... yeah, yeah, I know, shut up. It works. :D Her chance to hit enemies is at about 72% alone, about 84% w/ her Might merc. My valk's at level 13 WITH plusses to skills... not too impressive. With all equipment, my life's at about 770 and mana's near 330.

So here's what I'm thinking... drop four skill points into valk to get to the magic 17, and then... what? Theoretically, I could drop the other six into Penetrate to get some extra attack rating (going from +125% to +185%), but I don't know if it's worth it. Most of my other passives are well high enough, and I don't use elemental attacks (thanks, Hellrack!). Max valk? Is that worth it, either?

I'm in a quandry. She works well enough as is, but I feel like I'll ruin her if I drop points into random things that will be essentially useless. Any ideas/suggestions? I'll gladly hear ya. Thanks.

-Skrat

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well i suggest improving valk, and making sure peirce is at a high enough level, since hellrack doesnt have always peirce mod on it like burizo does.
    EDIT: if your already lvl 91, i would count for a max of 3 more skill points. dont expect to get into the high 90's unless your totally committed.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira Diabloii.Net Member

I wouldn't exactly call Hellrack and upgrade compared to Buriza...I'd keep Buriza as my primary weapon and use Hellrack on switch if you don't have too much problems with attack rating. Basically all the amazon passive skills are pretty good, if you haven't gotten all of them to the point where further points only increase with 1% or less then pump them.

Penetrate seems like a waste if you're using Hellrack since that already gives a huge %attack rating bonus...but more is always better I guess. I'm guessing that your Might merc is a Blessed Aim one since he improves your chance to hit...if he is a Blessed Aim I'd definitely choose something else than Penetrate. Putting more points in Valkyrie seems the way to go, if you've already gotten the essential passives to a decent level. Even though lvl 17 is optimal for getting most out of your points a stronger tank will never hurt, and I think it beats an extra 50% attack rating bonus.

4. poopie_pants

poopie_pants Diabloii.Net Member

If were talking about suitability for MFing, then my suggestions would be:

-Get Valk to 17
    -Spend rest of your points on Pierce, as FB suggested
    -Drop that heavy Buriza and Hellrack, and get yourself an upped Goldstrike (nice enhanced damage against demons, plus sounds like you have the stats for it already)
    -Run pits, multizons excel here

May all your drops be green and gold :).

-PP

5. Randall

Randall Diabloii.Net Member

How does a might merc increase AR ?

Randall

6. ElmoCorruptsChildren

ElmoCorruptsChildren Diabloii.Net Member

You are really against the Hellrack that badly? I think it's about the best weapon I could ask for... kinda. Yes, I do concentrate on GA, and an uber physical damage bow would be cool with that, but I primarily use Multi. That means I'm practically spamming arrows all the time. And I could never get as much elemental damage with any other bow than the Hellrack, right? Multi loses 1/4 damage (I assume that's just physical) plus enemy physical resists in Hell, so a high damage bow suffers quite a bit with just about every shot I take. With Hellrack, most of the damage is elemental, so I lose... hmmm, 1/3 damage since everyone in the Pit's a F/C/L immune. Interesting. Goldstrike you say? I've got one, 242% damage, 180% demons, 164% Undead... What's the cube recipe for the upgrade? I usually don't play around with that stuff very often.

And... Buriza better than Hellrack? I played with a Buriza for months, and I think the Hellrack is way better.

I don't need pierce really... it's up to about 60 or 65, and I've got the Laying of Hands and a Shael in the 'rack for a boost to ias. If one arrow doesn't pierce an enemy, the next one will, and fast.

I think I'm going to at least get my valk to 17, but I still don't know what to do with the other points. I think most of my other stuff is at the point where adding 1 skill will increase most by 2 percent instead of one, but that's not a big difference.

7. Darkwell

Darkwell Diabloii.Net Member

???

Elmo - pump up your valk but save some points incase you decide to try/find a better bow. MS 'zons are great pit runners.

8. poopie_pants

poopie_pants Diabloii.Net Member

1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon

:)
    -PP