Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lvl 9 Sin Advice

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by PawnOfChaos, May 6, 2005.

1. PawnOfChaos

PawnOfChaos IncGamers Member

Lvl 9 Sin Advice

Well, I've almost completed my lvl 9 ts sin. She has very nice charms (6 15 lc's and 7 14 lc's + lessers), which give her 426 life... and she's still in norm.

Here's her current layout

Eth 3 sock blade talons with 3 9 maxes (15-48 dam I think ><)
    3 9 maxed mask
    bfist
    hsaurus belt
    " " boots
    68 AR nagel
    75 AR +5 life replenish magic ring
    crappy 16 AR or whatever ammy
    eth umbral with rare 2-7 dam jewel

Her 3 ball is something like 900 damage right now, without an armor and with only 1 point in claw mastery.

So, here are my questions, will the bt's work or is cleg's sword the only way to kill?

How do I rush past ancients? I thought I could get q in town if someone who needed it was on the summit, but I tried this twice with no success...

Anyone have ias bp's? I have lvl 2 bos right now, and 10% from bfists... am i served better going with deaths combo? (keep in mind I can also add pts to bos after a full rush)

How high should I hunt? I've already fluxed a lvl 20 pvm barb, but I don't think he was geared.

Have I wasted my runes making this build? Is it viable at all for general pking/ sub lvl 12 dueling?

Any help would be appreciated :)

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

I dont know IAS stuff... so I'm no help there.

As for the weapon, if it were me, I'd go clegs, though I do agree that the blade talon is more stylish ;)

The difference in damage is not enough to warrant the blade talon IMO, and 50% DS on a 3ball release should get you some ears.

How high you should you hunt... I'd take her into act2 3 and 4 games. Baal runners will be too high, but any PvMers level 12 to 30 should be good targets.

As for who you should duel, you're right on not dueling anyone over 12, angelics will give them too much of an advantage. The TSer should work very well for sub 12 dueling though!

As for how to rush past normal:
    For ancients, you can indeed get the quest if you are partied with someone who is on the summit who needs the quest when they die. Not sure what was wrong in the situation you listed, but I've done it many many times, it does work.

However, you can also just skip the ancients altogether, and party up with someone who is in the worldstone chamber when baal dies who needs the quest, and go on to nightmare.

Nice assassin :)

-Matt

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Speed breakpoints are easily found on the Assasin Forum.

I would use the Blade Talon at max frames to charge up, then finish with Cleg's and a 2-socket BSoD.

As for the quest thing, you can't get Ancients 'til lvl 24, period. The process you described is for leeching the Baal quest.

4. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

its lvl 20 for ancients not 24 if my brain is remembering correctly

5. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

The level requirements for Norm, Nm, and Hell Ancients are 20, 40, and 60 respectably. You do not get any decent experience until level 25 in the Worldstone, however, so most do the quest at level 24 or up.

Lucky

6. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Yeah, you definitely can get the quest finished before level 20, and 24 ;)

Next dueler or whatever I rush, I'll get it done below that, probably level 1, I'm quite positive you can. You wont get a level for it, but the quest will be completed.

-Matt

7. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

You can't leech ancients, you leech Baal quest. Just stand in town when someone in your party kills baal for the first time and you're in the next difficulty.

Blade talons with lvl 2 BoS and 10 ias from bfists will get you 8fps attack (tigerstrike) and 8.5fpa regular attack. Using deaths will get you 7fpa (max) for TS and 7.5fpa for standard with lvl 2 BoS. You need lvl 7 BoS for 7fpa TS and 7.5 standard, anything between lvl 2 and 7 won't increase your attacking speed.

HoD

8. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

ahem
    10chars

9. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

How about a amp damage blade talon on switch for charging up. Hopefully get the orange swirl, then switch to either your nice eth talons or the ubiquitous red sword...

10. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Yeah, in duels get a nice amp wep. Like a flail or a claw and then switch for the kill. For pking just charge and hit because by the time you amp the person will leave.

11. BrianK

BrianK IncGamers Member

(Disclaimer: I am not a dueler, so please forgive if this is a stupid question)

Do you guys -req the Cleg's sword for L9 duelers? Or spend the points to get the stats and rely on charms for life?

12. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Depends.
    No if you have loads of +15 life large charms and need the str/dex anyway for other equip/reasons.
    Yes otherwise.

13. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

You can get lucky and happen to find an ed/max/-req jewel.. of course the ed and max wasn't anything special.. like 12/6 or something, so it didn't add that much.

Lucky

14. bohe

bohe IncGamers Member

or you could scrap the whole idea and use an amp scimtar on primary with pelta and then have a beastly pike on switch ^.^ omg kthx can you say 4.6k dmg plz.