LVL 65 Sorc in Hell ( Solo ) needs help..

Bugey

Banned
LVL 65 Sorc in Hell ( Solo ) needs help..

Hello everyone ;

I iam playing with lvl 65 Cold sorc in Hell.. But in act1 i stucked with immune cold zombies...

Can you give me some tips to how can i beat them ?

Thank you.

lionheartthebrave

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: LVL 65 Sorc in Hell ( Solo ) needs help..

Go back to nightmare and level to about 74 with p8 baal runs

Then run NM Meph for some gear for your merc, like Vampire Gaze/Tal's mask, kelpie snare, Duriel's Shell, Shaftstop

I prefer a HF merc, though others prefer might

EDIT: hello, welcome to the forums

LD50

Diabloii.Net Member

If you're going with pure cold, your merc is the only option, as lion said. You can also opt for fireball as a backup skill, without losing too much kill power with cold...

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

Also, never forget the one point wonder that is static field. If you can pull it off safely, it can significantly help the mercenary deal with the cold immunes.
Furthermore, given your 'relatively' low level, you might consider, while levelling up, to place some points in the fire tree to deal with cold immunes.
If you don't play self found, you could probably trade for some decent merc gear without much fuss. If you play selffound only, and have no atma pile or some such to pick from, rerunning NM mephisto (as suggested) seems like a good deal, allthough, frankly, a sorceress can pretty much rerun any act boss she likes.

Your low level suggests you are unaware of the /players 8 command? If so, feel free to use it in nightmare baal runs to level up really quickly.

Bugey

Banned

Thank you for your quick answer :)

As you see i am new at forums and i don't know every comprsns( HF , ISO etc.. :) )Can you explain ?

And i want to ask 1 more... P8, is it really working ?

Edit : Also which merc do you prefer ?

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

You have a few options.
1. Ignore all CI's and teleport past them. Dangerous if poorly equipped.
2. Go back to NM and level up into the 70's with baal runs.
3. Depends on your mercenary. Use telekenesis to knockback CI's against a wall and let the merc deal with them. Can the merc survive at that level?

I like might mercs, but a HF merc could do as well. What equipment is he wearing?

Welcome to the SPF!

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

Actually, I disagree. There are some ranged unique weapons out there that deal decent elemental damage as well, certainly enough to help the merc deal with the CI's.

EDIT : There is a sticky in the top of the forum that helps explain the acronyms here.

HF = Hellforge. For the mercenary, it means an Act Two Nightmare Holy Freeze merc (Defensive)
NM = nightmare
CI = Cold Immune

And p8 works wonders. Use it in normal and nightmare to gain good experience (My cold sorceress is currently lvl 43, and she is still in normal Act V, single pass only). Besides, monsters have a higher chance to drop items, and chests also contain more items... That helps significantly in getting yourself and the mercenary equipped.

And welcome to the forums!

Bugey

Banned

You have a few options.
1. Ignore all CI's and teleport past them. Dangerous if poorly equipped.
2. Go back to NM and level up into the 70's with baal runs.
3. Depends on your mercenary. Use telekenesis to knockback CI's against a wall and let the merc deal with them. Can the merc survive at that level?

I like might mercs, but a HF merc could do as well. What equipment is he wearing?

Welcome to the SPF!

Thank you Drystan, Merlin and all :) ;

1. As i sad what is CI ? :) ( Cold ?mmune )

2. My merc doesn't have any specific items, i have to find :)

3. For p8 i should to write " Player 8 " on chat window, right ?

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

CI = Cold Immune (also, FI = Fire, LI = Lightning)

For players 8, push enter and type /players8 . It'll give you an acknowledgement that the settings have changed.

HF = Holy Freeze, in reference to the Act 2 Nightmare mercenary (possibly Combat?)

Heh, these abbreviations are already answered. :)

Bugey

Banned

Hello again guys ;

Now i am at lvl 75 with my sorc and my HF :) merc..

But i can't find any good items for merc.. Dou have any idea for good item's ? ( Running Eldrick, Shenk and Meph but i have nothing.. :/ )

Thank you again ..

Merlin The Wizzard

Diabloii.Net Member

What runes do you have? If you have no good unique hurty stick, you could always opt to make strength in a decent partizan or so. Highest rune required is an amn, and a merc fares well with 7% Life steal...

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

What items do you have, and how much MF? You should be able to run NM meph with decent MF and get quite a few items of use.

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member

If you dont have any MF gear yet, socket Perfect Topazes to 3 socket helm and 4 socket armor, that'll give you some MF(magic find, helps you to find better items).

Docturnal

Diabloii.Net Member

When it comes to mercenary use the following priority list and try to fulfil as many of the points as possible with the gear you find:
1. Life leech
2. Resists
3. High damage/fast attack weapon (this includes chance of crushing blow)
4. Physical Damage reduction
5. Faster hit recovery

(I guess someone will alter the priorities in this list pretty soon. This is the order I follow though)

Bugey

Banned

Hello again ;

I have El, Ith, Ral, So, Ko, Tal, Nef, Thul, Lum and Eld. I can write Smoke and Radiance with these runes...

My merc is have Iron Pelt Tresilled Armor and Soulfeast Warfork... Warfork already has a %7 Life Steal... And his attack still 251-459 :(

Last edited:

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

When it comes to mercenary use the following priority list and try to fulfil as many of the points as possible with the gear you find:
1. Life leech
2. Resists
3. High damage/fast attack weapon (this includes chance of crushing blow)
4. Physical Damage reduction
5. Faster hit recovery

(I guess someone will alter the priorities in this list pretty soon. This is the order I follow though)
Actually I agree with you. Resists are problem when entering hell, but that problem tends to solve itself while the merc gains levels. But you forgot to mention CBF (cannot be frozen) and IAS (increased attack speed=more leech and more damage)

About good items, you can't expect something godly will drop in nightmare. You can get Kelpie's Snare (great slowing weapon) or Hone Sundan from NM Mephisto, also Shaftstop or Duriel's Shell (the best armors for low level mercs). You can also get Occulus and rarely, Skullder's Ire can drop too.
I would suggest running NM Mephisto for a while. Or you can push your character to Hell Mephisto, and farm him - more difficult, but more rewarding.

Bugey

Banned

Thank You Hrus ;

Hell Meph will be hard, i am at lvl 78.. Now runnin Baal and Meph in Nm.. :(

?s Merc's attack nornmal at that level ? ( 251-249 )

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Check any and all rares that drop. Some of them can be outstanding.

Run Meph and Pindle, it's easier and quicker. You only need a decent map for Memphy.

Smoke is a great armour, but Duriels would be better. Keep your eyes out for an Eth rune. Malice is actually quite good for a merc. Make sure you get the best 3os weapon for him that you can. The life drain doesn't work on mercs and he can't leech from Memphy anyway.

You haven't listed your skills/stats (an ATMA dump would be useful if you are SP) but my guess is you are doing the killing. The merc is there to stay upright long enough for you to Blizzard and GS/IB Memphy and Pindle. Did you get a Holy Freeze merc in Act 2 NM? That should keep things nice and quiet.