LVL 59 Geddon/shockwave bear

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
LVL 59 Geddon/shockwave bear

Making a lvl 59 druid, already made actually. Going for creativity Secks Points and decided that i'd go fire/shockwave (no bear) and see how well I can pull it off.

Gear:
wpn - spirit
shield - lidless (not going for any block, and spirit is too high str req)
belt - gloom
gloves - magefist
boots - waterwalks
ammy - +2 ele/40 life/5 str
rings - (would like sojs)
armor - viper
helm - .....

So I maxed geddon, volcano, put points into lycan, have base oak, hopefully my +skills are enough to get shockwave high enough. I have decent FCR

my question is what helm should I use.

Right now I have a:

fire faceted/jalal's
or
+5 geddon/+6 volcano/ 2 open socket helm

the 2 open sockets are beautiful but the +6 volcano is actually kind of useless since i'm in bear form i cant use it anyways. but the +5 geddon is quite nice.

I'm wondering which I should use, since i gain +3 in geddon with this helm, but I lose +4 lycan/shockwave/bear and +2 in oak. So my life is taking a big hit. However, i can prebuff bear with jalas, so it will really only be my oak and my shockwave taking the hit.

So if I should use the +5 geddon 2 socket helm, should I fire facet it? would that increase my dmg enough to make it worth while, more so then maybe 2 rubies giving me +76 life which after oak and bear is quite a big boost. Or would the -res and % of the 2 facets be an equal boost to my dmg?

As well what kind of dmg should I be looking for at lvl 59. I estimate after collecting my ele charms, I will probably have somewhere in the ballpark of 4.5k-5k geddon.

Any recommendations on gear is appreciated, suggestions on skills (even though they're already distributed I'd like to know where I went wrong if I did), help with the helm, and maybe ideal life/dmg.

Also note that this is hardcore ladder pvp

thanks in advance

Cheers

JeffyZiggy

Diabloii.Net Member
AzaZaz said:
Making a lvl 59 druid, already made actually. Going for creativity Secks Points and decided that i'd go fire/shockwave (no bear) and see how well I can pull it off.

Gear:
wpn - spirit
shield - lidless (not going for any block, and spirit is too high str req)
belt - gloom
gloves - magefist
boots - waterwalks
ammy - +2 ele/40 life/5 str
rings - (would like sojs)
armor - viper
helm - .....

So I maxed geddon, volcano, put points into lycan, have base oak, hopefully my +skills are enough to get shockwave high enough. I have decent FCR

my question is what helm should I use.

Right now I have a:

fire faceted/jalal's
or
+5 geddon/+6 volcano/ 2 open socket helm

the 2 open sockets are beautiful but the +6 volcano is actually kind of useless since i'm in bear form i cant use it anyways. but the +5 geddon is quite nice.

I'm wondering which I should use, since i gain +3 in geddon with this helm, but I lose +4 lycan/shockwave/bear and +2 in oak. So my life is taking a big hit. However, i can prebuff bear with jalas, so it will really only be my oak and my shockwave taking the hit.

So if I should use the +5 geddon 2 socket helm, should I fire facet it? would that increase my dmg enough to make it worth while, more so then maybe 2 rubies giving me +76 life which after oak and bear is quite a big boost. Or would the -res and % of the 2 facets be an equal boost to my dmg?

As well what kind of dmg should I be looking for at lvl 59. I estimate after collecting my ele charms, I will probably have somewhere in the ballpark of 4.5k-5k geddon.

Any recommendations on gear is appreciated, suggestions on skills (even though they're already distributed I'd like to know where I went wrong if I did), help with the helm, and maybe ideal life/dmg.

Also note that this is hardcore ladder pvp

thanks in advance

Cheers
try using a perfect ravenlore (-20% to enemy fire resist) also gives +3 elemental skills and good resists. put a 5 5 facet in there :)

MauJ

Diabloii.Net Member
Why spirit weapon? Hoto or Wiz Spike would be better suited wouldn't it?

I'd say Arach/Magefists/35% spirit shield/50% spike will get you to the 125% fcr bp. Leaving you open for sojs/Ravenlore/Coh for armor maybe?

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
MauJ said:
Why spirit weapon? Hoto or Wiz Spike would be better suited wouldn't it?

I'd say Arach/Magefists/35% spirit shield/50% spike will get you to the 125% fcr bp. Leaving you open for sojs/Ravenlore/Coh for armor maybe?
This is a lvl 59 dueler. He cannot use hoto, wiz, arachnid etc. They have too high lvl requirements.

Fred

Arbedark

Diabloii.Net Member
fredsta54 said:
This is a lvl 59 dueler. He cannot use hoto, wiz, arachnid etc. They have too high lvl requirements.

Fred
HotO is 55. So he COULD use it.

Personally I just think its an avaliability thing. If i couldn't really afford it then I wouldn't put a hoto on a test char. Sure. he'll loose 1 skill. But he will still get a good idea of what the chars like.

Also Spirit has nice fhr. Which could be why he's using it.

Arb

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO geddon's attacks are just, far to erratic...You can't aim it, at all, and doesn't do enough dmg to 1-hit-kill....So, it's pretty much depending on a king-size ammount of raw luck...

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
well I put the char together. Was pulling about 500 PVP dmg vs no 'sorb test char before charms/facets.

I estimated around 800 pvp per hit after charms and the 1 or 2 more facets I could fit on and at the rate that Geddon hits, 800 vs a lvl 59 wasnt gonna cut it.

Took most gear and put it towards a 49 shockwave/bear bomb. Once I finish charming the druid the bear should be listed at around 5.5k before Might/HoW.
Merc is listed at 6k before calculating crit.