Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

lvl 50 Sorc FB pk

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Dwaasje[TUW], Feb 4, 2004.

1. Dwaasje[TUW]

Dwaasje[TUW] IncGamers Member

lvl 50 Sorc FB pk

I m going to build a PK sorc but i dont know if what i think my build is gonna be is ok.

items: +3 fireskillamu with life or fc
    vipermagi :+1 skill 30% fc
    magefist: 1 fire 25% fc
    suicide branch: 1 skill 50% fc +10% max mana+40hp
    lidlesswall:+1 skill 20% fc max mana 10% 10 nrg
    waterwalk 20% fr? 65 hp
    3 pR helm (magic helm with 3s and life possible?)

or instead of viper a shaftstop and a casterring for the 105% fc breakpoint

lvl 1 warmth?
    lvl 1 firebolt
    lvl 20 fireball
    lvl 20 meteor
    lvl 1 nrgshield
    lvl 7 firemastery

fb p v m dmg: ~3375
    i dont know how much dmg that be with pvp but i thought ~140 pvpdmg/FB?? (res 75%)

plz post some hints/upgrades to this build

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

You might wanna use an 'Eld' Whitstan's instead of Lidless... the first PvM that turns on you toting a Dwarfstar is gonna have little trouble getting through close to zero block. For a helm I'd go with PRuby Peasant Crown, and for a belt I think Gloomstrap is a good bet. Rings would be Raven + big mana ring. Definitely keep a Shaftstop handy if you decide to duel at all.

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

If you are going to level 50, wouldent Orb be better? I mean, you can have 10ish CM, max ice blast, max orb, and have 2 skills leftover, more reaslistically, 15 Iceblast, 7ish CM, max orb, more points to spend in the prerequisites, teleport, frozenarmor of choice, warmth etc. If you go with FB, i would reccoment what phat said, shaft if you duel, not really needed w/ max block vs pvmers.

BTW, where would a level 50 pk? nm baal? Normal baal runners seem like pushovers, ranging from level 25-50, you being a level 50, decked out to kill, thats like a snapper fighting trav runners, sure, they are both level 24, its still not any challenge :)

good luck whatever you do. -Matt

4. remcodr

remcodr IncGamers Member

Hmm

Maybe pking will work but dont try to duell with your sorc. My kicker and leaper can both kill sorcs around lev 50 without to much trouble. You'r doing just to low dam at a hit so they can just rejuv the dam away. If they hit you you'r in trouble tho :-. However maybe im wrong and i never duelled some1 with good tele skillz :)

5. clsurfer

clsurfer IncGamers Member

a) your damage is too low to be effective. FYI my level 33 fb sorc does 3k PvM damage at 8 frame cast, over 3.5k if I drop her casting frame to 9 (63 FCR). I think 8 frame with lower damage is worth it. at your level, try to hit 4.5-5k mark.

b) you can overcome the max (here, I am talking about 75% not 95% as some might have) fire resist, as fireball is unblockable and there are no casting delays. but it's nearly impossible to take down someone with two dwarf stars (much like charged striker against t-gods/wisp wearers). If you are doing less than 1/12 th of their hps per fireball, time to bow out.

c) drop lidless, put on eld'd visceratuant (upg'd to heater, exactly lvl 50 req, 77 str).

d) if you can afford, drop suicide branch, put on oculus (30 fcr, 30 from vipermagi, 20 from magefist, try to get another 25 from circlet, amulet, ring and belt). If you can't find good circlet, amulet, ring or crafted belt, stick with suicide branch. I prefer 8 frame at slightly lower dmg over 9 frame cast.

e) so as I heard, frozen orb is "bugged" in dueling. any timered spells make the other spells unusable for a short period of the time, even if those spells do not have a timer. so when you cast an orb, you will have to wait for a split second before you can teleport, which can be a problem.

f) do everyone (including yourself) a favor and hit NM Baal runs. for one, people there are more likely to accept the challenge, and the 40% resist penalty helps your course a bit.

g) do not discredit mid level sorc duelers too quickly. they may have problem against certain duelers, but they do have their strength. In 1.09, Kime has built a lvl 33 fb sorc (before synergy came to play) that had great success against many classes. I myself has built a lvl 39 tanking sorc that fluxed many duelers and were able to tank Cam's level 48 barb (the first version, wouldn't touch his second incarcenation), although she had problems getting ears, coz her main attack is frozen orb and back in 1.09, cold mastery doesn't work well in normal. I also built a level 35 nova sorc who absolutely shredded all kukozons in sight, most martial sins and some paladins.

6. ConnerMacleod

ConnerMacleod IncGamers Member

Very interesting discussion... I'm also going to build a PK sorc, and she is for NM Baal runs. Mostly I want her to kill Hammerdins, Javazons, Trappers, other Sorcs, and Summon Necros because those things are getting to be super annoying. Barbs, Bowazons, and Druids may live however, but if they get wasted along the way then so be it.

"Eld" Whistans is a good idea to have in the switch, however, anyone know the dex req to get the max block in NM on a sorc?

EDIT: Also, anyone know if the Rainbow Facets are working or not? I'm thinking a sorc with 5 of them socketed for the -25% to enemy res wouldn't be too shabby.

7. kardinaal

kardinaal IncGamers Member

you can overcome the max (here, I am talking about 75% not 95% as some might have) fire resist, as fireball is unblockable and there are no casting delays.

Fireball can be blocked by weapon block, so expect to see an assassin in your face (dragon flight), blocking half your attack (weapon block) and doing some nice damage.

Lvl 1 warmth?
    lvl 1 firebolt
    lvl 20 fireball
    lvl 20 meteor
    lvl 1 nrgshield
    lvl 7 firemastery

I'd go for firebolt as synergy instead of meteor. Meteor is a timered spell, with all of the inconveniances described above, so you won't be using it in PvP. Also, you'll need 4 skillpoints less, skillpoints that are better spent elsewhere.

Also, anyone know if the Rainbow Facets are working or not? I'm thinking a sorc with 5 of them socketed for the -25% to enemy res wouldn't be too shabby.

I believe you'll need to hit them for the facets to work. Could be wrong though...

8. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

A skilled dueling sorc is something to fear indeed.

For Pking they're just as good as anything. Better than most because of teleport and quickly running down their prey.

The problems with them : The beefier builds : Druids barbs - Will be probably camping the stairs ( I know I do with my zerker) and can take a direct orb (few chars can actually take a perfectly aimed orb) because they will have heavy resistance as well as oak+bo.

Other problems being the fact that low blocking means if you get an amazon that had decided to use..lets say a gold strike : You're eating ALOT of arrows.

The obvious + how ever is the fact that you can basically chew through any character if you get room to move. A well placed orb (rare in hc suprisingly) where the ball explodes and they are literally sitting on it, will bring down just about any non barb/druid that lack cold absorb. If they have dual ravens then you're shafted outright.

9. clsurfer

clsurfer IncGamers Member

DO NOT WASTE POINTS ON ESHIELD! (charged bolt, lightning and chain lightning + ES = 4 points better spent on fire mastery!) Since you can't afford to spend many points on ES/Telekinesis, might as well spend none.

CAST ES on Switch! all your +skill works with ES when you cast ES, and it remains after you switch back. Assuming +3 ES orb and +3 all skills (viper, suicide, visc, more if you use occy and/or soj(s)), lvl 6 ES lasts for 444 seconds, plenty for any duels (even if you decide to put lower resist wand on switch after casting ES).

level 50 = hell rushed = 61 skill points.

+1 warmth
    +1 telekinesis
    +1 teleport
    +20 firebolt
    +20 fireball
    +18 fire mastery

about the shield of choice, at level 50, following are the dex required to hit 75% blocking with various shield:
    whitstan's shael'd/p. diamonded/rainbow'd: 101
    whitstan's eld'd: 95
    visceratuant heater shael'd/p. diamonded/rainbow'd: 119
    visceratuant heater eld'd: 110

considering heater has a str requirement of 77 vs. round shield's 53 (likely to be your heaviest item), the whitstan's setup will save you probably 40 stats, or 80 life, but at that level, will give you roughly 250 less damage per fireball. 30 and 40 FBR doesn't make any difference in blocking frame, so that will not play a role in choice of shields. (relevant bps are 27 and 48)

80 life vs. 250 dmg, it's your call. i would go with visc. especially since you will be more a PK than a dueler. But considering my reckless playing style (my blizzard sorc has no ES (ES on wpn switch); my fireclaw druid has lvl 1 oak, lyc, wb; my charged striker has lvl 1 dodge, evade, avoid; all out for synergies), a sane person might be better off not to follow my suit.

Of course weapon block can block fireball and it doesn't drop when assassins are running. But consider the type of assassins you will face at sub 50 level, I dare to say 99% will have at most 1 point in weapon block. As most of them will be heavy on +trap skills or +m.a. skills, it's unlikely they will have many +shadow skill gears either. I will place most of their blocking at about 1/3, still a fine ratio for you to hit them. they will mind blast, they will dragonflight, a good assassin can prove to be quite a challenge, but they are rare and far between, and I doubt you will meet many NM Baal running assassins capable of putting up a challenge.

You should only use Meteor at higher levels, and only when you are also using Marrowwalk. It's cheap, but it's far better than many other strategies you might see in public dueling/PKs.