Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lvl 23 Charged Strike Zon Guide LLD

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Mindgasm, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindgasm

Mindgasm IncGamers Member

Lvl 23 Charged Strike Zon Guide LLD

i recently made one of these guys and it turned out to be alot of fune, mine was only about 70% complete and would either mess people up or end up in a stalemate. The gear is very simple to. Skills quest and hell rush are very vital for maximum damage. I was only in A4 normal with mine. But heres your guide. Gear...
    helm- Tarn helm
    armor- Twitch tore
    Weapon- +1 javalin and spears skills java w/ 10-20ias (ideal weapon)
    Sheild- Sigons sheild
    Gloves- +1 java skills with 10-20 ias gloves
    Belt- I normaly use a rare belt with 50+ life and other mods. Up to you
    Boots- Cow Kings or Sanders
    Ammy- Eye of Litch
    Rings- Angelic/Cathans/Manald

skills....
    1 critical strike
    1 penetrate
    1 dodge
    1 avoid
    1 jab
    1 posion javalin
    1 lighting bolt
    9 power stike
    6 charged bolt
    This is the set up with no skills quest. With 12 more points to add i would recommend
    With skills quest ..
    17- Power Stroke
    5- Lighting bolt
    This should have your charged strike at 3-518 5 bolts
    Charm wise i would go for maybe some decent light damace sc's or lc's but since u got +5 skills with gear it wouldnt hurt to get some 9-10 max Gc's and some sc vitas. With +5 skills and 1 into crit you have 46% for a critical attack. So if you choose to 15 max armor/helm/sheild and inventory of max charms, that makes you that much more effective. Its very important to have max block. This is a cheaper easier build to make. With only a Normal rush and skills quest u can be doing 335 CS with 5 bolts. And that is enough to be effective (i do recommened a hell rush tho) Good Luck and have fun, lemme know any comments or insight you have.
    -Mindgasm

2. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

Re: Lvl 23 Charged Strike Zon Guide LLD

lv 23 seems a bit random (i canunderstand lv 21 as some charms are available but why 23?)

lv29/30 cs or jabber @ lv18 is more of norm

also with such set up, using 2 sox vupline deflecting would be more useful since you don't have any source of mana replenish and CS use them up quite a bit.

3. DayDream

DayDream IncGamers Member

Yeah.. 23 is really random.. Not exactly on par with the 30s and dueling anybody under will be somewhat frowned upon I guess.

4. Mindgasm

Not really i got duels for 12-40 with mine. The 18 and under i guess scan your gear and see theres no max jewls so they think they have a chance. But unless they use deaths combo, they have no light resistance. I 2 shot a level 18 pally charger. Its kinda random but you will get some good duels. No one really thinks that CS would be effective at level23. But 5 bolts doing 550 light damage a piece. You'd be surprised what you can do.

5. Mindgasm

23 is because u got 6 base points into charged strike to have 5 bolts, thats y 23. And yes a Vulpine with 2 sockets is nice, But u can get max block with sigons and the +1 skills sigons gives is vital. Plus everyone can reconize sigons sheild when ur weilding it so thats one more thing that people under estimate.

6. mystified

mystified IncGamers Member

right
    not being a prick or anything but in which case we might as well make lv 30 CS zon, who will

1) do more dmg
    2) still compete om that 12-40 lv
    3) and do more dmg (did i say this before?)

also have decent chargers don't die so easy.
    half decent zealots also don't die easy (they have 45 base shields to use)

this is assuming lv 18 ofc, if you want them to up their lvs to meet yours, you won't stand much chance unless, ofc, get your gears upped to lv30 standards.

also some points missed before

1) gloves can only spawn with 10 ias at that lv
    2) you can recommend something better than tarnhelm. i guess we wil overlook eldritch since that is only one for zon at such lv
    3) manald or angelic will be a decent start but nothing great. getting a rare ring with stats/res/life would be a better choices. in fact seems like only choice in this build if you don't go higher lv
    4) only charms you will get is something like 3/xx/15 which has lv req of 21. this is fine sc of sustenance not vita (i know this is just nitpicking :hide:)
    4) javs you can get 2 jav 10 ias. this is zon specific weapons ofc. dunno if you can get 3jav 10 ias. forgot how that worked for zon.

as stated above, i don't see why you don't want to go higher. you can't be duelling lv 18 since they will moan about your high lv, and no semi decent duellers in Lv30 league will consider you a threat.

7. theheft

theheft IncGamers Member

I dont see how it will work, at all.

Damage will be too low to hurt level 30's and will get walked all over by them. Decent level 18's will beat you and level 21s will completely trash you.

I know my two level 21's would walk all over this build, for definate my charger would, he has maxed resi even without using his resistance shield and would more than likely one hit kill this build.

Plus, as said you may as well just got to 30, more everything and then your at a level where people will want to duel, at least with level 21 phsyical damagers you can suprise a few level 30's and can beat some of them fairly regularly.

8. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

i think your guides should be called pk guides as no real lld would be beaten by them.

9. Mindgasm

Well thats your opinion because i have had some good duels and also level 30 would be better and you would do more damage, but this is a guide for a level 23 CS zon. So thanks for the insight everyone, but this is not a level 30 guide.

As for the pk guides. How about you come over to East Hcl and ill show you how it goes down in Hardcore. Just loot me first ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2008
  10. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

How about you try the hardcore forum then? HC vs SC threads always go nowhere...

How about you go SC and prove yourself?

11. crawlingdeadman

good "duels" against crappy randos dont impress anyone.

12. Mindgasm

Lol there nothing to prove in softcore, in hardcore if your still alive thats proof enough. I duel for ears or loot, not gold. So when you want to loose some gear, ehcl im waiting for you, and im not here to impress anyone. I made a guide for a cheap low build that is pretty fun and easy to use. So stop hateing on me and maybe go get a job. Sounds to me like you play to much. ^^

13. SmittySixTen

SmittySixTen IncGamers Member

I can't stand the term "haters" or "hating on". Just irks the crap out of me for some reason.

That said, it sounds to me like you don't play enough. You seem to think that you know a lot more about this game than you do. You're trying to pass this off as a decent LLD guide, when it's perfectly clear that you are one of those people that think picking an arbitrary level because you get a little extra out of it, instead of sticking to the level brackets, is the way to go. I could make a level 31 character if I really wanted to, and it'd be a lot more powerful than a level 30, but I don't because that's not one of the LLD levels.

Like CDM said, you seem to have made a PK character, not a LLD character. If that's your thing then fine, just don't try to pass it off as a LLD, then get uppity when people point it out to you.

14. Mindgasm

lol its funny how everyone takes offense when you make a guide that isnt suitable for their level preference. Its all good though, if you dont like it dont make it, make your level 31 or 30 it doesnt matter to me. The only point in this guide was to try and open up more possibilitys. I dont know about you but in hardcore i get tired of seeing pallys and kick assasins. And to all those who say it doesnt work...have you tried making one before?

15. BAMFSpecialOps

BAMFSpecialOps IncGamers Member

What is funny is what you try to pass off as guides, what # is this now? 10? If it works for you fine, but since u posted it, be ready for criticism for people who do infact know more than you. Now in no way am I 'hateing' on you but it just seems plain obvious from where I stand.

16. crawlingdeadman

i'm not hating on you. i have a job. i also can tell **** when i read it. it's not lld if you're pking idiots in tomb games. it's not lld if you're pking idiots in "lld" games. it's only lld when you duel another knowledgeable person at your level(sure there are exceptions to this, but the most common "weight classes" are established for a reason. a well geared 18 character couldnt beat an equally well built 21, nor could a 21 beat a 29-30). i know for a fact that you havent ran into any decent 18 zealot with this character. wanna know how i have this information? she's still alive.

i'm 100% sure if i ever came to anywhere you are and i made a real lld, i'd smack the living **** out of you. i'm so sure, i dont need to do it. i've got nothing to prove to you as it's fairly evident your guide sucks. look at how many people have mentioned its shoddyness. i know more than one person reading your "guide" thinks the same and i'm sure they're right too.

i read your "guide" the first day it was up. i kept my mouth shut for a good long time (nearly a whole day). it has more holes in it than my socks. the moment i suggested you call it a pk guide instead of an lld guide (there is a difference and if you're too blind to see that it only proves how much you dont know) you get all offensive. please dont.

ps. i've also kept out of you 16 zealot "guide" but if you want some feedback on that build i can sure help you there.

17. NewForumBloke

NewForumBloke IncGamers Member

There really is a difference between a lld and a pk build... one of my old friends and i would build lvl 27 bsnap chargers to mess around with on hc and all they really were, were just prubied os armors with very basic items. AFAIK, hc pk chars usually dont have a lot of gear invested into them, where as a lld has quite a bit of gear invested into it.

I honestly just dont see this being a lld guide... like everyone has stated its just pretty much an outline of how to build an odd level'd cheap pk char that if it dies.. your not losing much of anything...

And personally, i dont think id have chosen a zon for pk, unless i suppose i was the kind of person that used a certain 3rd party script to deliver the cs >.>... and believe me. im not.

18. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

You need to change your posting habits if you want to remain a member of this forum.

I would appreciate it if you decided not to post any more "guides".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.