Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lvl 18 throwbarb help!!

Discussion in 'PvP' started by LanceD, May 9, 2008.

1. LanceD

LanceD IncGamers Member

Lvl 18 throwbarb help!!

Im in the process of making a lvl 18 lld throw barb. I need as much help as I can get on this char because I never made a serious lld'er before or a throw barb. Basically I need help on skills, stats, and equipment.

As far as skills go I have no idea how I should spend them. Should I spend any on warcries? How many points should be spent between throwing mastery and double throw?

Equipment - So far the only gear Im sure Ill use is deaths set. Im not sure what to do as far as armor, boots, helm, and jewelry. Twitchthroe or a jeweled max damage armor? Should I use rare rings or maybe angelics set? Also what kinds of weapons should I look to use?? Javs, axes, or throwing knives? Im really not sure as to what weapons I should use

Stats points - I'm guessing enough to put on equipment but after that, should I boost vita? Or should I boost dex to improve damage?

2. krajee

krajee IncGamers Member

Re: Lvl 18 throwbarb help!!

Warcries are useless for your build. As much as shout will increase your defense, you'll be using a low defense armor (twitchthroe), and because of the nature of your character, you will be running. As for the skills to use, I'd max out throwing mastery, put one into double throw, and the remainder into double swing. You may also opt for a point in increased stamina, but it's not completely necessary.

Death's set (gloves and belt, I'm assuming) is good. For you helm, you'd want a 3socket +3 throw mastery jawbone cap or fanged helm to start with, then look for other skills to upgrade to. As stated above, twitch is what you want for your armor. If you can find an amazing rare amulet and two amazing rings, by all means, use them. Otherwise I'd suggest angelic ammy + ring with some sort of rare ring with resists. As for weapons, war javelins and throwing spears have roughly the same throw damage, but the spears have a larger stack size.

Boost vita after you can wear your gear.