Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LVL 12 FA on a strafer: Is it a waste of skills POints? if

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Deathlok2001, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

LVL 12 FA on a strafer: Is it a waste of skills POints?

I have a lvl 86 PvM strafer, 130 % IAS......She uses a shealed WF. I was wondering if i should remake her & NOT put 12 points into FA. Is that a waste? I also have lvl 13 MA to deal with PI

I was thinking of putting 1 point into FA & allowing my 2 skill charms to bump it to lvl 3, then use the remaining points in the passive tree.....what do you think?

I ask this cause FA is used only to freeze the monster for a few seconds so that I can strafe em to death........Perhaps FA is not even requied, could i go with cold arrow instead & save even more skill points?

2. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

Unless you're making a build with max FA and points into the cold arrow synergy, I would not recommend putting more than one point into it. I would definately recommend FA over using cold arrow for freezing monsters, due to the area affect of FA... ice arrow will only freeze a single target, which won't help much against a group of monsters.

3. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

No, i use strafe as my main attack.....so it looks like this zon becomes a lvl 86 mule........maybe if i re make my strafer, i can get it right this time! :lol:

4. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

Yeah, I made a FA zon and found that I prefered strafe. So now, I always use strafe instead of FA unless I meet PI's. Strafe is a much safer skill because you it autoaims and hits monsters off screen. If I made my zon over, I'd go pure strafe. Max strafe, maybe a lvl 8 valk (unless she was dying too much, otherwise I think people put too many pts into valk, and I have a lvl 17 valk) And put the rest into the passives. Probably max penetrate, enough in pierce to get max pierce with gear, and the rest into crit strike, with 1 in D/A/E. The advantage to the pure strafer is you can pump penetrate and crit strike higher. For PI's, I'd just use a hellrack, should take care of things.

5. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

well i decided to remake my zon.....she is lvl 14 & already has 51% critical strike!

the only arrow from cold skill you need to have for strafe is cold arrow
    (its a pre req)