Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lv. 77 - MF Sorc - Needing Some Help A.S.A.P

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Meskaline, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Meskaline

Meskaline IncGamers Member

Lv. 77 - MF Sorc - Needing Some Help A.S.A.P

Alright so my sorc isn't putting out damage for beans to be honest, I mean I can destroy any normal monster without an issue but when it comes to rare's (I haven't even attempt any bosses yet) my damage is laughable and I always end up running for my life.

I haven't even ventured into the Pits where I wanna MF mostly at, in fear of Death Becomes Me - Volume #1.

Gear Breakdown:
    Shako
    Skullder's Ire
    Oculus
    Ancients Pledge
    Bramble Mitts
    Ravenfrost x2
    Tal Rasha's Belt
    Death Slippers

Mostly MFing gear because well, Sorc go basically off skill damage to conquer the world right? I mean +skills is the thing and I always prioritize that but I don't see any SERIOUS issue with my gear preventing me from being able to handle Pits so I'm HOPING the issue is in my ....

Skills Breakdown: (with +skills factored in remember I'm Lv. 77)

26 FO
    26 CM
    7 IB
    20 CL
    7 Lightning
    5 LM

I've been using FO trying to kill because well, CL doesn't really put out the damage to kill anything. It takes about 20 CL verse 2 FO to destroy things.

354-372 FO DMG
    2-607 CL Dmg

Looking on how to adjust this and be able to run Pits A.S.A.P

@ Level 77 I should be able to venture into the pits, correct me if I'm wrong but the fact that I can't even destroy rare monsters prevents me from attempting it.

So, where is my issue preventing me MFing like I should be? I GREATLY appreciate all incoming help, I'll be hitting refresh & waiting :coffee:

(PS: 97 Str, 150 Dex, 270 Vit, Base Energy - I dont have mana issues, also this is with all gear bonus & charm)

2. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

Re: Lv. 77 - MF Sorc - Needing Some Help A.S.A.P

Well your lack of skill points in the light tree explains your crap Lightning. If you dont think you can crank enough damage out of lightning switch to FO/TS which will do decently with the 40 points.

More levels into lightning and its synergies will solve your problem but you wont have a huge amount of damage from it..

Assume 7 to all skills
    20 Ice bolt
    20 Frozen Orb
    20 Cold Mastery

40 left to play with roughly.

20 light + LM will give a spammable
    4 - 2255 lightning

or give TS a shot for
    1256 - 1714 constant damage for 240 seconds

3. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Too much mf and not enough fcr would be my guess
    what are your resists like?
    Are you going max block?

Not too clued up on Lightning builds so i'll leave the skill points to others.

4. Meskaline

You haven't pointed me in the wrong direction yet Wolf, I'll reset and check it out.

Althought I just remembered Pits is like 75% cold resist so FO wont cut it and will only be used for Lightning resist mobs so what setup should I run going heavy in Lightning at this point with my.... 79 skill points?

-2 For teleport I require which means 77 points to distribute in a path to run Pits constantly. (Take note I will be leeching baal runs here and there so the future points can be added to this path)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shank I'm not really interested in Max block for the most part thus why I dont dump gazillion points into dex. My Dex alone is @ 97 after my gear is on, if I wanted max block I'm prolly looking at what 20-30 points with a higher block chance shield? I have all the runes for Spirit I just need to locate a shield and that will help aid both resist and block rate :)

My resist are all fine, at about 20 positive but I have a dagger on switch which puts me at 50-65 positive. I still have yet the Frozen Prison quests to do on all three levels as well.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  5. RealmOftheWolf

RealmOftheWolf IncGamers Member

Your damage is more than likely the problem if your resists are positive. I used FO/TS as my main starter build along with a insight merc to tank and kill what was immune which isnt really much.

6. Shanksie1337

hence the confusion :)

You need more FCR - as far as i can tell you are just getting 30 FCR from your occy.
    FO is timered, but teleport and CL aren't afaik.

7. TurtleBay

TurtleBay IncGamers Member

It looks like you need to...

1. Move some points from cold mastery to the lightning tree. Cold mastery gives -100% resist at level 17, so points over this wont effect cold immune (because they can't be broken) or zero immune to cold monsters (because of the -100% lower limit). With enough + to skills, a 20 point frozen orb with 1 cold mastery can be surprisingly effective as a secondary skill. Again level 17 is the tops to aim for, and I suggest 1 hard point as the lightning skills need the synergy skill points.

2. Level some more before you start magic finding.

This should be able to get you 9-19 points from the cold tree and about 10 - 15 more points from leveling. With this 19 - 34 skill points you should be close to maxing lightning mastery, lightning and chain lightning. If you have spare points after this, put them in charged bolt or nova as Lightning should be the primary boss killer.

Final build could look like this:

20 Frozen Orb
    1 Cold Mastery
    5 Prereqs

20 Lightning
    20 Chain Lightning
    20 Lightning Mastery
    1 Teleport
    1 Static Field
    2 Prereq

1 Warmth

Total of 91 skill points (out of 110 possible).

Of course eventually you will need more fcr and + to skills gear.

8. Shanksie1337

According to the wiki
    Dark Archer: 25% Cold Res (note 110% Lightning Res)
    Dalk Stalker: 33% Cold Res (note 130% Lightning Res)
    Bone Warrior: 50% Cold Res

so going over -100 to Cold Res isn't a total waste.

9. TurtleBay

TurtleBay IncGamers Member

True going over isn't a total waste... but that still doesn't address that he needs to find 20 skill points somewhere to make his lightning and chain lightning useful.

10. Meskaline

I just knocked out all the skill quest with Wolf.

And I respec'd to Meteorb and I'm hitting pits fine, just not the fastest but its doable lol. Then again I have no torch, anni or any other GTFOMYWAY items.

:)

Thanks for the help guys, for now I should be good >.>