Lurker turned Poster

Animage

Diabloii.Net Member
Good Evening everyone!

Came back a couple months ago after I heard that High Runes are much more common in recent patches, should have looked into this more and tempered my expectations. Played on b.net and was very unenthused about all the bots still and general unfriendliness of people.

Re-found this site looking up some MFing tips/hints/etc., and found a booming single player community. Been lurking for a bit and very much interested in finally participating. My Blizzard sorceress dinged 94 and I grew very bored quickly without even posting, and decided it was time to make a Grail checklist, but softcore was not going to be the source of my happiness.

Started HC up, and decided I wasn't going to make a sorceress for once and ended up on making a wind druid. I played Fire throughout all of normal and made the switch to a Wind druid somewhere around level 45.

Please meet Iseldir! I'm just now entering Hell. Currently wielding a Spirit sword, Rhyme shield, Jalal's, Vipermagi with a ptopaz in it, some dual res boots, a prismatic amulet, and 2 magic FCR rings. My belt is a nightsmoke. Iseldir spent much of his playing career taking advantage of a durance level 3 stairway next to the waypoint. I've had no close calls so far, and I think i'm going down to players1 for hell until I feel safe. So far I'm very skittish on actually starting hell haha.

I'm hoping my path to the Countess won't be too unpleasant as I have some high hopes for finding some runes!

Screenshot002.jpg

Zyr

Diabloii.Net Member
Did you participate at the Amazon Basin as AnimageCGF back in the early days of this century? If so, welcome! If not, welcome anyway! :D

Animage

Diabloii.Net Member
Did you participate at the Amazon Basin as AnimageCGF back in the early days of this century? If so, welcome! If not, welcome anyway! :D
Yes that was me. I believe I had the account here as well, but linked to a far forgotten email account.

I was banned from the AB for I believer having the remnants of a modded game. That actually crushed me very much and took much of the joy of the game away. I don't remember if I ever got to play ingame with you back then, but I remember your forum presence.

Reactions: Zyr

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Great to see another lurker crawl their way up from the floorboards. Welcome!

*orders human underling to kick shins*

Basicbhoy

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome. Windy druids are a lot of fun, my untwinked one is currently Act3 NM and very safe but am just trying to cube up some runewords before I tackle the council.

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Welcome. Windy druids are a lot of fun, my untwinked one is currently Act3 NM and very safe but am just trying to cube up some runewords before I tackle the council.
Anything specific? You will often be better just pushing on - most required runes will drop.

Zyr

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't remember if I ever got to play ingame with you back then, but I remember your forum presence.
Just once, in a game with Zerathorn (?sp), in 2004, very early in my HC career. A nice amulet dropped, and the two of you generously allowed me to keep it. :)

Animage

Diabloii.Net Member
Just once, in a game with Zerathorn (?sp), in 2004, very early in my HC career. A nice amulet dropped, and the two of you generously allowed me to keep it. :)
That is quite the memory. I really do miss that community. Hardest part of playing hc is the lack of close friends. Nice to have the chatting community here though.

I’ve progressing quite easily and got countess now. Moved up to players3. Quest gave me tir tir eth. Quite sad but I think I’ll farm her some before moving on. Noticing grizzly is able to die quite easily and I’m having to reposition it often for the archers I’m finding.

I think going max block was a mistake. 1k life with oak is not fun and lots of hits seem to go right through my blocking with the rhyme haha.

Zylo

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome, and good luck on the windy.

Thread says new member, but avatar says lurker. ;)

jonnyphive

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome! I too climbed out from lurking to join the community a few months ago - it's been a great experience so far. It's kind of crazy to see this forum's activity growing rather than shrinking lately.

Don't forget to post a Guardian thread when your Windy kills Baal!

Kitteh

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
This forum is populated by people who largely come and go. Although for many of us, even when we aren’t active in D2, are often still active on the forum itself. It’s like Diablo Annonymous :rolleyes:

Animage

Diabloii.Net Member
This forum is populated by people who largely come and go. Although for many of us, even when we aren’t active in D2, are often still active on the forum itself. It’s like Diablo Annonymous :rolleyes:

I suppose that's the nice thing about Single Player. Not having to refresh accounts is quite amazing; it's just having to remember to save your single player files between computers. My MacBook has my older saves from over the years on it, but I'm playing on a Surface Pro 4 now with my new HC character. I wonder if I should reinstall d2 on the mac to see the saves and what I had going on from 7-10 years ago.

BKC

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome @Animage nice to see you come out of hiding!

I have been thinking about deleting all my softcore characters and starting a HC only journey. Might as well go for it with the holidays in front of me... hmmmmm

T72on1

Diabloii.Net Member
Starting a HC only journey sounds like a fun plan. But why delete all your SC characters as well? I'd just back them up, so you can always have access to them, in case you ever want to play them again.

Animage

Diabloii.Net Member
Starting a HC only journey sounds like a fun plan. But why delete all your SC characters as well? I'd just back them up, so you can always have access to them, in case you ever want to play them again.
I actually wanted to ask about this. I have two computers but wanted to consolidate my characters. What files do I need to copy to do this? Does it matter that one is on my MacBook and the other a pc?