Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lunchies new char is GM free..... he also likes fishing...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Lunchie, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Lunchie

Lunchie Diabloii.Net Member

First off let me apologize.

I didn't install D2 on my comp and it turned out the version I allowed to be installed was errr "Genetically Modified" .... lets just say that.

I didn't know the extent to which this was not allowed nor the extent to which my game was modified. Regardless, it was my fault as I am the user so I unreservedly apologize to all of you that took time to read my previous character thread (The Amazon).

I Hope you will all forgive me, it was not my intention to mislead and thankfully it turned out the modification only affected the bosses that spawned and not anything to do with item finding or game mechanics.

I know even talking about it is frowned upon but I felt you guys deserved an explanation but rest assured I have no inclination to discuss it further in a public environment.

*****************************************************************************

I've been reading Nightfish's amazing webpage as of late and it has inspired me to go back and give my very first character a try once again. Of course in true salute to the author its a "Fishymancer"

I haven't yet decided what slant (if any) I will give this character in terms of build, pure summoner, or maybe a bit of this and a tad of that. Well, see.

Since I am starting from scratch he will be totally self-found with no twinking so here's hoping he feels lucky.........punk :D

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
    jonnyphive likes this.
  2. Drixx

Drixx Diabloii.Net Member

It's all good mate. Just read the stickies and make sure you understand what's up.

As far as I know, the rule here is "what you do on your computer is your business"; we just don't really talk about some mods. The stickies list the ones we are good with, so you should be safe if you read those.

Welcome and good on you for stepping up and taking responsibility. Hope to see you for years to come.

3. Lunchie

Yeah that's exactly what I have done, had a thorough read through the forum rules, new character is set up firmly with just the allowed mod to enable ladder rune words and ATMA.

I have to say it really warms my heart to see that a game I played back when I was maybe 12 years old is still alive and well and if anything probably growing.

Does anyone have anything to comment on something call "Glide Wrapper" its another allowed mod and I was wondering if its worth all the messing around to make it work? I only use a 24inch 1080p monitor so im not sure if I am missing out of something amazing or not?

4. LongingForDeath

LongingForDeath Diabloii.Net Member

I recommend you use GoMule instead of ATMA. It's way better. I only use ATMA for 1.07 and 1.09, since GoMule doesn't work for those as far as I know.

Nothing wrong with using Glide Wrapper. Might speed up load times a bit and might be better if you play in windowed mode (I only play fullscreen, so I have no experience in that regard). It's quite easy to install, just follow the readme that comes with it.

5. Drixx

Glide Wrapper is quite easy to get going. It allows you to make the window bigger and it keeps the game at the intended 4:3 aspect ratio. The graphics still look pretty bad on higher resolution LCD/LED panels sadly, but it's better than trying to run a small window on a 4k screen. Not sure if you would NEED it, per se, on a 1080p screen ... but it wouldn't hurt.

Fair warning ... most of us who use it have some mouse glitches (if you use a keyboard shortcut to open any of the windows which take up one half of the screen, the mouse will jump to the top left corner ... both on open or close).

6. Lunchie

Ah ic..... I may look into this Gomule instead.... I am still very new to the whole "modding" thing for Diablo but I'm sure it cant be much more difficult than when I used to do it in WOW.

I'll check it out, thanks mate.

Regarding the glide, I think ill just stick with what I have, my picture and res has never REALLY bothered me that much....

Btw ... is fishymancer hell solo viable or should I keep my eye out for poison/bone spec items too?>

7. Drixx

Fishmancer can Guardian without wearing any equipment.

galtwish likes this.
  8. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

+1 to GoMule instead of Atma.

I never used GlideWrapper until I had issues with D2 after a win update. If the game runs fine, I'd just go on without it. It's not like the wrapper magically turns D2 into the best looking game ever ;).

galtwish likes this.
  9. Lunchie

I'm guessing they wouldn't have the same one source of damage issue that sorc's or lightning zons can have either?

10. LongingForDeath

LongingForDeath Diabloii.Net Member

They mostly do physical damage (+fire damage with Corpse Explosion). Physical Immunes are probably the least common immunes, and most of them can be broken with Amplify Damage. They will slow you down, but are no issue. Of course, you can also add Mages for some elemental damage, too.