Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lunchie watched a video that told him how to win at D2........."Javazon"

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Lunchie, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunchie

Lunchie Diabloii.Net Member

So as you know my paladin is currently parked at lvl 20 in act 2.

He did really well, easy to kill stuff hits hard, doesnt die on p8 but I just didn't "click" with Dave The Paladin.

While deciding what to roll next I unfortunatly watched a Youtube vid that showed a Lightning Javazon absolutely wrecking Hell on p8.

I was impressed....

So now I have a Lightning Javazon of my own. lvl 25 just finishing act 2 p8 the whole way.

Gotta say I somehow find the combat a lot more visceral/real for me.

Man I love that charged strike !

2. Lunchie

I think I am starting to realize why so many people rate the amazon. Seems like they are very versatile.

3. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Up until you encounter LIs, your javazon will absolutely wreck everything, even with garbage gear. The only real issue might be mana, so try to get that Insight asap.

Other than that, CS and LF indeed own ... really hard. In Hell LIs do become a pain though, so you'll have to have a backup plan. Infinity is the best, but really expensive. Otherwise the Poison javelin skills, a Bow and some Bow skills on switch or Jab. I wouldn't really recommend the latter though, as some of the most dangerous enemies in the game are LI (Gloams, Beatles, ...).

4. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

George is pretty benign, but you have to be careful of a Fanatic, Extra Fast Ringo ....

:p

Grape, Hutton, Jamie and 6 others like this.
  5. T72on1

Not going to edit my post, for historical reference ...

Jamie, Maltatai, Zyr and 3 others like this.
  6. Lunchie

Yeah I already have a plan for the LI's

Will be interesting to see if it pans out considering it is not one I have read about before and I have read pretty much every how to deal with LI thread there is b4 I decided to go ahead with WonderWoman

7. Lunchie

Did have one quick question tho.

To decrease the action time of using Charged strike or lightning fury do I use FCR or IAS?

I have found threads on legitimate sites that claim one or the other and I really need a solid 100% answer on this.

Are there any senior Zon's on here that can answer?

8. T72on1

Ias. Definitely ias.

Jamie and Albatross like this.
  9. Lunchie

Ok cool

Does anyone know if these values are correct based on a ceremonial Jav for a amazon?

ias breakpoints:
    cs: 50, 95
    lf: 55, 89 (may be 90, not exactly sure on this one)
    fcr breakpoints:
    0 7 14 22 32 48 68 99 152
    fhr
    32, 52

10. jonnyphive

jonnyphive Diabloii.Net Member

From IAS calculator on Arreat Summit (https://diablo3.ingame.de/diablo-2/calculatoren/angriffsgeschwindigkeit/?lang=en):

CS (based on 'normal attack'): 10/26/50/95 (10/9/8/7 FPA)
    LF (based on 'throw'): 6/16/30/52/89 (13/12/11/10/9 FPA)

For all other breakpoints, I use this page: https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Breakpoints. The breakpoints you list for FCR And FHR are correct, although there are more breakpoints for FHR than just those 2: 6/13/20/32/52/86/174/600(lol)

Can someone else confirm that the CS and LF values are correct, please?

11. Lunchie

Thanks for that, it seems rather difficult getting accurate values for the amazon for some reason.

Also yes, I knew there were more values than just the ones I listed but I just listed the two which I felt worked best as firstly a minimum standard and then a preferred ultimate goal for the build I am working towards :D

jonnyphive likes this.
  12. Lunchie

Hey I need some gear advice here guys.

I just dinged lvl 31 and am vacillating over my boots/gloves/belt combo something shocking.

Either I can wear a random set of boots/gloves/bet OR I can use the 3 piece set of immortal kings which amoungst other things grants a 25% IAS and 25%FHR
    If I go the route of the immortal kings set my char stats end up looking really nice on the surface such as hitting my higher FHR BP and a really decent attack speed along with 75% over all my resists BUT I end up with 0 Crushing Blow and 0 Deadly strike. (Do still have 42% critical strike % from amazon skill though.

Otherwise I would go with a random choice from the normal unique's

Head piece's
    Guillaumes face
    stealskull
    briggins bonnet
    rockstopper

belt
    sanders riprap
    string of ears
    bone lash
    goldwrap
    bladebuckle

gloves
    mavinas icy clutch
    venom grip
    the hand of broc
    sanders taboo
    bloodfist
    frostburn
    random gloves with +2 jav and spear skills with 3% life steal

Boots
    tearhaunch
    natalys soul
    treads of cthon
    infernostride

The head piece is not something the immortal set really effects but I "could" use it to offset the lack of Deadly strike or crushing blow....

What do you guys reckon?

13. Lunchie

Also am I right in thinking that to calc poison damage from multiple charms etc you just add together the damage , work out the average length from all the items and then divide one by the other to work out a Damage per second for X seconds.

Ie

30p over 4 secs
    50p over 5 secs

would equal 80p over 4+5/2=80poison damage over 4.5secs

If correct does that mean you could get a really high damage charm like 300poison over 15 seconds and then add in a few small charms with like 6damage over 3 seconds to create a high damage poison attack that delivers its full effect in only a short time?

300+6+6=312damage

15s+3s+3s=21s
    21s/3=7s

Resulting in an attack that does 312poison damage over only 7seconds>?

14. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

Furyzon needs +Skills +Lightning Skill Damage -Enemy Lightning Resistance. Deadly Strike and Crushing Blow are close to useless.

As far as IAS goes you have two breakpoints to aim at. 35IAS and 55 IAS. As far as I can tell there's very little difference in terms of damage output between the two and 35 is much easier to reach. 20IAS from gloves + IAS Jewel in Helm/Armor/Shield is the standard choice.

On the other slots you can freely focus to get defensive stats and/or MF. With the only exception being Razortail which pretty much skyrockets your damage against crowds. 9pt. (after +Skills) Pierce + Razortail = 100% Chance to Pierce.

jonnyphive likes this.
  15. Albatross

Albatross Diabloii.Net Member

Poison damage is pretty complicated in DII, luckily we have onderduiker who likes to explore this kind of stuff and write detailed guides.

Lunchie, Zyr, zemaj and 1 other person like this.
  16. Lunchie

You used the term "furyzon"
    Would that be the same as a lightning javazon.
    I am loosely following a guide 1.13 (most recent decent guide I could find) and it suggests charged strike and lightning fury as your two main attacks.

17. T72on1

Yes, furyzon focuses on Lightning Fury (hence the name) and Charged Strike.

18. Lunchie

I had a random thought while playing my zon today, why don't people build their lightning based amazons around spears rather than javelins? The reason I ask is that some of the spears I am finding have really decent damage output, much much higher than that from a javelin. Obviously you would lose the LF ability but charged strike on its own is pretty dam deadly against single target and groups.....

What am I missing here guys? apart from losing LF why arn't lightning based spearazons more popular?

19. Albatross

Albatross Diabloii.Net Member

Mainly because the physical component of CS and LF's damage becomes negligible once you reach hell, and without LF you lose an incredibly strong AoE attack. While there's lightning strike, it's far inferior and most likely suffers from next hit delay, meaning there's a cool down during which a chain lightning arc can't damage the monster it just hit.

It's also about not being able to equip a shield and shields play nice with elemental builds. Popular choices are spirit, and rainbow faceted plain 4 socket monarch, head hunter's glory, or jeweler's monarch of deflection (incredibly rare).

Spears are better suited for physical damage based amazons, which are sadly lacklustre because of the dodge, avoid, evade bug since fend is interruptible and will fail every time one of the evasive skills triggers. It's really difficult to build a fendazon on par with other strong melee builds.

Lunchie likes this.
  20. Zyr

Zyr Diabloii.Net Member

@Lunchie, there are several reasons:

- Everything is much easier with blocking, resistances, and all the other benefits available on a shield.

- It's a great convenience to have both ranged attacks and melee attacks available without having to switch weapons.

- Spears got the shaft (pun with Malice aforethought) from Blizzard with respect to rune words.

I had the Spearazon bug for many years, and I still have two of them alive on East HCNL. My Amazon Basin posts regarding Sparkle_Plenty and Victor_Victoria get into much more detail about the difficulties of making a successful Spearazon, and the first post has lots of links to other players' adventures.

Lunchie and jonnyphive like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.