Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Luck in Both Directions

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by GenXCub, Mar 18, 2004.

1. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

Luck in Both Directions

Normally, I'm not that lucky of a person when it comes to finding good swag. I'm a level 84 Hardcore summoner/bone necro... and I still use Gravenspine... (sob). I play about twice a week, and one of those times is on a different realm than normal with a team.

Well, I stayed home from work yesterday with allergy problems and off of 1 MF run (consisting of The Pit and Andariel in hell) and I got perfect Draculs (15 str, 10 life per kill, 10 life leech, not perfect ED, big deal), a Vex Rune (from a chest in Catacombs lvl 3), and a Guardian Angel from Andy (a Meatscraper too, but I'll probably give that away).

Well, I've been playing D2 since it came out 4 years ago, and have never found a Vex, so that's probably my biggest find ever, so now I come to the question:

Should I sell the Vex, or dig up a Pul rune to make a HotO? For wands, I'd probably prefer a Carin Shard for the extra life/mana, but now that a Heart of the Oak is within my grasp, would it be better? I'm a freak for having a lot of life. The resists would help bigtime though.

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

well, it depends on how 'rich' you are. VEX can get you some nice items to spread across your different characters. SO...

you can either make a HOTO which is damn nice (mine is uber sexy...40res all in a flail) for your necro, or you can trade the vex for a handful of different items (the trade forum here would more then likely pay nicely).

so good luck.

if you post the rest of your setup, maybe you could tweak it so you dont 'need' the hoto, and can trade off your vex?

g

3. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

My Necro is my MFer, and currently uses:

Harlequin crest + P.Topaz
    +3 summoning skills amulet
    Skullders Ire + P.Topaz
    WS1 - Gravenspine/Homunculus
    WS2 - Ali Baba/Rhyme grim
    Trang's Gloves
    Goldwrap
    Marrowwalk
    Rings - Dwarf Star, blue +12 energy/+11 resist all
    About 40-50 MF in charms.

My resists in hell with the Homunculus are:
    11/67/13/0 (cold is usually the big killer doing MF runs, but I want more LR for taking on Gloams).

At this point, the only improvements I can make are to improve the wand and get an Enigma, but there's no chance of getting one of those.

4. gvandale

I'd use that vex 'o sexxiness to get a HOTO.

Wanna know something funny, since you mentioned in the other thread that your ghey. HOTO IN SPANISH MEANS GHEY.

Ok sorry, get a HOTO. The plus skills and such will help. Enigma isn't necessary. There are plenty of items that can give you tele. You just have to pay (gold) for it.

Naj's staff is my fav. but my summoner has a +3 summon / lvl2 tele charges (68)

so good luck. what realm you on? i have an extra naj's staff you can have.

g

5. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

USWest HArdcore, but I wouldn't want to use a weapons switch for Teleport since I use my weapons switch to do MF.

6. gvandale

see if you can gamble a tele +skill ammy