Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

LowQuality -> Norm ->Add Sockets question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Lowgat, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Lowgat

Lowgat IncGamers Member

LowQuality -> Norm ->Add Sockets question

Ok. Two questions for socketors. I found a nice Low-Quality Kurast shield (+35 res). I know that when you use the upgrade reciped (El + Chipped Gem + LQ Item -> Normal Item) you reroll the the defense.

Does anyone know if it rerolls the resists/special ability or is that maintained?

I also know that when you use this recipe it drops the item level down to 1 and that when you Larzuk/socket the max number of sockets is different than it would be if I'd found a normal Kurast.

Does anyone know what the max sockets would be for this shield? Is it still 4 since even the lowest Pally shields have a max of 4 or is it something else?

If anyone knows the answers I'd appreciate it.

2. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

1. Don't know if it will reroll resist or special effects or not, but once I have a cracked archon plate and the defence is rerolled when I use the normalise formula, so I assume it will apply on resist/skills etc.

2. For every paladin shields, the max socket it can get for ilvl = 1 will be 3 sockets only. Source.

3. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

However, this is a useful feature in a way. Cracked archon plates can be made into 3 sockets with the help of Larzuk (100% gaurantee as well).

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Staffmods and automods get rerolled when you "normalize" an item.

Yep, or you can take the 2/3 chance to get 3 sockets with the Tal/Thul/PTopaz recipe (which is much cheaper for the untwinked player, since the Larzuk rewards are so valuable in that case).

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

That's right and as the new item has an ilvl of 1, only the crappiest automods/staffmods are possible - although e.g. an ilvl 1 wand with +3 RS and +3 SM isn't really crappy, I think.

6. Lowgat

Lowgat IncGamers Member

Ok. That helps. Worth the El/Chipped just to see what happens but it's pretty unlikely it's worth socketing. I guess this explains why I see the chipped->norm->sockets related to body armor and not special mod items.

Thanks for the help.