Lower Kurast (LK) FAQ

Pyrohemia

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Lower Kurast (LK) FAQ

I was half being sarcastic and trying to justify the pure nova sorc that I use for LK and half speaking from experience of pure nova (can't kill anything) compared to pure blizzard for running LK.

Yes, I don't have the willpower to stop a kill halfway through :p

Only thing bad about cold is that you can freeze a guy on top of a chest and then you are forced to kill it.

In the name of Zod

Diabloii.Net Member

It surprises me that the 200%fcr is commented on so positively. Consider that you'll only teleport probably 11 - 19 times on a good map. With a game that runs at 25 frames/sec you're shaving off little more than half a second. I would prefer the points in frw myself considering .5 to .3 of the total run is spent on the docks. This coming from a person who has never done the 200%fcr btw it just surprises me thats all.

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member

@Pyrohemia, 200 FCR is justification enough, in my opinion. :wink:

40 FRW + Harmony on switch is the equivalent of about 90-100 FRW (skill-based FRW is better than item-based), and you can still get the 200 FCR breakpoint on switch. So you can have the best of both worlds. Even without RWM you can use a Zephyr bow on switch for 65 FRW total (though getting 200 FCR is a lot harder in Vanilla).

I agree that FRW is nice to have (essential if you run through the docks at the start of the act), even if you return to Act4. When you're in LK sometimes you'll take a few steps to grab a flawless gem/charm/jewel/whatever, and the FRW obviously helps there.

Megalomania

Diabloii.Net Member

I go with zod, When I started at LK I was so concerned about that I didn´t do them all (10k) in 200% FCR, In the end motivation is everything that matters in LK, so as long as you keep on running 105% will do right fine. i don´t like the fact that players think there is no use LK running if you don´t hit 200% FCR

MuddyWaters

Diabloii.Net Member

I also prefer a 105 FCR setup. The time saved on a 200 FCR one doesn't makes for the safety I got on my current gear. But if you can survive just fine with 200 FCR, it´s obviously better.

MuddyWaters

Diabloii.Net Member

Small update, called it 2.1 version.

Added:
- Link for Nepeta guide.
- Small comment on 105% x 200% FCR
- Sirpoosalot’s suggestion on mercenaries.
- Assorted small corrections
- Better (hoppefully) formatting

potter

Diabloii.Net Member

Some nitpicking ;)
Under section VIII:
Rare items will drop 95% and rares 5% of the time.
The underlined word is supposed to be "Magical", no?

And your 200 FCR Equipment section doesn't quite add up.
Wizzy(50) + Spirit(35) + Viperskin(30) + Arachnid(20) + Magefist/Trang(20) + CasterAmmy(20) + 2xRings(20) = 195 FCR (unless my eyes deceive me)

Great guide! I tend to browse through it every now and then when i feel like running LK :)

MuddyWaters

Diabloii.Net Member

Some nitpicking ;)
Under section VIII:

The underlined word is supposed to be "Magical", no?

And your 200 FCR Equipment section doesn't quite add up.
Wizzy(50) + Spirit(35) + Viperskin(30) + Arachnid(20) + Magefist/Trang(20) + CasterAmmy(20) + 2xRings(20) = 195 FCR (unless my eyes deceive me)

Great guide! I tend to browse through it every now and then when i feel like running LK :)
You're right on both. Many thanks for pointing. :thumbup:

bassen

Diabloii.Net Member

Hi MuddyWaters!

I see you've made big changes since I last read this guide. You have done a great job!:girly: When I was reading I saw a little typo.

* Ring#1
o Bahamut's Amulet of Apprentice (10% FCR, 91-120 mana)
o Rare ring (10% FCR, resists, mana)

* Ring#2
o Bahamut's Amulet of Apprentice (10% FCR, 91-120 mana)
o Rare ring (10% FCR, resists, mana)

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member

Say, in 1.07 I had once found a Vex from a superchest. I remember some other members reporting it, too. One could be Darkooo, not sure though.

So assuming nothing changed the drop patterns from 1.07 up to 1.10+, Vex does drop at /p1. Of course, nothing guarantees this.

NacRuno

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

A question about racking in LK. Do archon plates drop from the racks there? I read somewhere in this that they do drop but silo's drop calc says monster from kurast causeway and onwards can drop it. I will seriosly think of rerolling maps to find a archon plate there if it is possible.

Shaandore

Diabloii.Net Member

A question about racking in LK. Do archon plates drop from the racks there? I read somewhere in this that they do drop but silo's drop calc says monster from kurast causeway and onwards can drop it. I will seriosly think of rerolling maps to find a archon plate there if it is possible.
IIRC they can drop only in earlier versions. (1.07, 1.08) In 1.12 I have never seen such high TC items from racks. But somebody could correct me if I'm wrong.

And a note about FCR vs. FRW:
I could reach 200% FCR with a Stealth Armor, and this way you get +25% FRW. I have 8 FRW charms in my stash, it adds up to 40+25+8*3=89, plus Harmony. You may think it is decent, but it feels like I should still improve my FRW. My 1.07 sorc has Mav's belt on, and a FRW circlet, boots, with no stealth or harmony, and she can run through LK much faster than my 1.12 one. (It comes to mind that FRW is nerfed in later versions)

Orchidmantis

Diabloii.Net Member

If you can save half a second per run then thats 1 min per 120 runs or or 10 min for 1200 and if you can get get each run done in lets say 30 seconds ( if i dont pick up ne thing but runes i can get less than that) then thats only a bonus of 20 runs per 1200.

wow if you think about it if it saved you 1 second per run tht would be 2 min per 120 run or 20min per 1200 and tht mean you would get a extra 40 runs per 1200 or 400 per 12000. so if you do each run in 30 seconds and you do 120 runs it would take an hour and if you can save a second off each run you would become around 3.33% more efficient. So if you can get ur runs down to 20 seconds every run ( dont if that is possible) you would be 30% more efficient. Now that sounds worth it.

Personaly i like to pick up all the Grand charms and Sc and ammys. so there is no way you can get low if ur picking and identifying stuff. and what about racks i get usualy 2-3 racks per run those eat up at least a couple of seconds i would think.

While typing this i have convinced myself that if i stop picking up all the GC, SC, blue ammys, rare rings and ammys and racks i could become alot faster. But is it worth it?
I have done 1500 runs and i wouldnt be suprised if all the picking and identifying of shyt has slowed me down to 40 seconds per run or maby more.

Im not complaining about what i have found in these 1500 runs Ber,Ist, and many skillers and realy good scs and enough mid runes to almost make a um but if i am runing at 40 second runs and i could some how get down to 20 seconds id have 3000 runs done. so i think maby its worth it to stop pciking up items and only pick up runes Io+.

But if ur only saving .5 of a second for all that extra fcr then its not worth it if you stoped hiting racks you would more than make up for that so F the FCR

Shaandore

Diabloii.Net Member

Keep your inventory empty, fill it with what you find without identifying. Then visit Cain, and ask him to ID items. Run to vendor, control+click to sell, run to stash, cube Pgems, and reroll a Grand Charm.

That's the way I do it. 30 seconds/run, but I pick up charms, runes Tal+, jewels, flawless gems, blue druid pelts, circlets, coronets, necro wands, amulets, and half of the rares. And I have a mini cubing "session" of 30 seconds every 20 run.

I think not picking up random loot would kill my motivation. Those skillers/res charms/nice jewels that come in every ~150 run are a good way of keeping your motivation up.

Atroz

Diabloii.Net Member

The information on Ist /p8 isn't 100% correct. I'm currently running LK and Ist just dropped (best drop I've had so far). It dropped with Crowbill, Gothic Plate, Kite Shield, and Colossus Voulge. Just wanted to inform everyone.

potter

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm pretty sure this has not been updated to include 1.13 rune patterns

Enochdarg

Diabloii.Net Member

I briefly scanned most pages of this and did not notice if this is acurate for other patches besides 1.10 on? i play 1.09 and would be interested in this if it applies.

THanks

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member

I briefly scanned most pages of this and did not notice if this is acurate for other patches besides 1.10 on? i play 1.09 and would be interested in this if it applies.

THanks
After a great deal of digging I managed to find the following:

Lower Kurast (LK) FAQ said:
I - Introduction

This FAQ is intended to provide information about the Lower Kurast runs in Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction version 1.10 and above.
After a good deal more searching I also managed to find this:

potter said:
I'm pretty sure this has not been updated to include 1.13 rune patterns
So that's a no. The techniques may apply (but no guarantee that you'll find anything) but the actual runes that may be found are specific to 1.10 - 1.12.

Enochdarg

Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, thankyou, i read that. Merely stating that this info is valid for 1.10 on does not mean that it is not valid for pre 1.10.... which is my question. It is entirely possible unless i am mistaken that the chests where like that from the begining of the game.

From those statements i conclude that it has not been tested for pre 1.10. Which is why i asked the question. Your sarcasm is quite helpfull though.

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member

As I said, the techniques apply. Yes, the truncated seeds are verified pre 1.10. Also, as I said, the rune drop patterns in this guide are specific 1.10 - 1.12. The rune drop patterns for 1.09 will be different.