Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lower Kurast (hell): Run 201-300

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Illiana, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Illiana

Illiana Diabloii.Net Member

Lower Kurast (hell): Run 201-300

Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment. :D Runs were performed by a level 90 hardcore Blizzard sorceress on /players8. After reaching level 90 in the 9th run no more bosses were killed, and all chests/stashes/corpses/skeletons/hollow logs were opened. Average time per run now about 3 and a half minutes. (Would be fast on a better computer. :rolleyes: )

Grand charms: 65 (two skillers: +1 to barb masteries, and +1 to sorc cold skills, also kept a 22 life/26% lightning resist gc)

Large charms: 45

Small charms: 64 (kept these: 1-15 lightning damage/100 poison damage, 3% mf/20 ar)

Jewels: 51 (kept one with 36% enhanced damage)

107 Perfect gems

Runes:

Tal x14
    Ort x4
    Lum
    Ral x4
    Sheal
    Sol
    Hel
    Amn x3
    Dol x2

And that was it. No more runes, making this easily the worst series of runs this far. Boo! Give me my Ber! :D

Uniques/sets:

Hand of Broc (grail!)
    Carrion wind
    Magnus' skin
    Dark adherent
    Sparking mail
    Infernal torch
    Twitchthroe
    Tancred's crowbill x3
    Kinemils awe
    Isenhearts case
    Natalya's soul (20% cold resist, 16% lightning resist)
    Bloodrise
    Spineripper
    Tal Rasha's belt
    Sigon's wrap
    Gheeds charm (25% mf)
    Griswold's edge
    Razorswitch
    Coif of glory
    Bonesnap x2
    Berserker's headgear
    Tancreds spine
    Griswold's armour
    Sigon's visor
    Vidala's snare
    Blade of Ali baba
    Milabrega's orb
    Demon limb

Funny thing is, I gambled the Hand of Broc and the Carrion wind during one and the same gambling session. I was actually looking for rare gloves with + to amazon skills, but I'm not complaining. :D Onward!

2. shermo

shermo Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the info. You lucked out with the runes this time.

How long does each run take you?

3. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove Diabloii.Net Member

you really want to get at the end with this, don't you? uh that mighty ber

good luck for the next 0.1k ones

4. poopie_pants

poopie_pants Diabloii.Net Member

Keep it going Illiana :cheer:, I'll feel a Ber rune coming on real soon :).

-PP

5. SincereX13

SincereX13 Diabloii.Net Member

good to see you still chugging along... your next 100 should be better rune wise!

6. whomhead

whomhead Diabloii.Net Member

The next 100 will almost have to be better, rune-wise. Very lucky gamble on the Carrion Wind.

7. TenYearsGone

TenYearsGone Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the updates. I appreciate it. LK is one of the areas I just don't have the patience for. Best of luck. You'll get your Ber, I can feel it!

8. InfernalDSX

InfernalDSX Diabloii.Net Member

Hello, im new, great finds dude.

Where is that players8 thing i couldt ifnd it searchnig the forums could osmebody please tell me

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Type in /players X into the chat screen (press enter) X can be any number between 1 and 8. 1 is default, and 8 is max. /players 8 means that all monsters have 4.5 times the HP, but give 4.5 times the exp. every time you go up 1 player settings it adds 0.5 times the hp and exp to the previous number, and it also decreases the odds of a monster not dropping anything. although it does not increase the chance of dropping something good directly, it does give you more items dropping, so indirectly effects the odds of unqiues dropping.
    Oh, and this only effects monsters not yet spawned, which is generally a couple of screens away, so you cant change it mid battle against baal.
    on topic: for runes, thats a really unlucky set of runs there, if i got 100 runs worth of runes like that, i wouldn't be rushing to do another set of 100!

10. Jaimes

Jaimes Diabloii.Net Member

It's just "/players X" where X is the number of simulated players.

Edit: Bah Fbob

11. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus Diabloii.Net Member

I'm thinking that those rune results are a little on the lower side for 100 LK runs on p8. But of course, if you get a high rune then it's all worth it. Good luck on that Ber.

12. sunbearie

sunbearie Diabloii.Net Member

Nicely done :)

Comparing this to your previous results though, your runes aren't really that bad. You'll get the ber soon enough :) Nice charms too, I guess it always works out overall.

13. skoolbus

skoolbus Diabloii.Net Member

no, they really arent, I did about 40 and I got an IO followed by like a tal or some garbage like that, LK runs dont yield many decent runes most of the time

GL with your runs, I didnt have the patience to even get to 100, but you seem really determined! I hope when you do get a high rune, it is a ber and you dont get screwed with a supremely useless single cham

14. sunbearie

sunbearie Diabloii.Net Member

I don't think LK runs can drop chams :) So she wouldn't have that problem. If she does, just give me the cham and I promise I do LK runs until I get a ber to exchange for it.

15. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the continued updates on your progress. Just a query - I've been doing some LK runs for the MFL and find that I get swamped by leapers, particularly if they spawn extra fast. When they do I find that they can keep up with me teleporting. How do you deal with/avoid them? Thanks.
    (lvl 90 metorb, plrs 8)

MAAM

16. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas Diabloii.Net Member

Just teleport inside a house or something like that, the creepers can't follow you there and if you teleport out the other side you've probably lost them, repeat the manouvre if they stick. Besides, in alot of houses are chests or something else to pop :)

''Mil & Sam''

17. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard Diabloii.Net Member

I'd just like to take this moment to do a little bit of math. It's my job after all. The quest for a ber... Let's pick on Puls, because it simplifies things. It takes 512 Puls to cube up to a Ber. If you go back to Ko's it's 27 times that. This really means that this 100 runs was insignificant in the quest for a ber. Doing LK runs is still a good idea, but picking up runes you find there under Puls is really just an accademic excersise. You'll find that ber long before you cube up from runes like Ko. It's really a nifty dynamic they have going in the game. Even though the cube recipies are there, creating high level runes with them is more difficult than finding one.

Keep up the good runs though, and if cubing up the runes is providing an emotional motivator, keep doing it too. But don't kid yourself... the lower runes you are finding will never contribute to the Ber you seek.

18. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for wrecking everything Shags, thanks alot.

The dream is shattered. :lol:

19. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Better throw away those els you were saving then bill. :p

20. Illiana

Illiana Diabloii.Net Member

@Shagsbeard: Hehe, I'm not really expecting to cube up to a Ber, I'm sort of hoping one will drop for me eventually. Anyways, I also need skillers, and Lower Kurast is a place where many charms and flawless gems drop.

@Sunbearie: Hehe. If I found a Cham in Lower Kurast I'd be a cheater! But feel free to start your own series of Lower Kurast runs in search of a Ber... We can do a Ber race! :D

@mad.as.a.meataxe: They keep up with you even when you teleport? How much faster cast do you have? I find they usually get lost after 2 fast teleports with 70% fc. If they stick around, you can do what Sint Nikolaas said, or you can just kill the annoying little critters. Two blizzards and some Ice blasts/Glacial spikes usually takes care of them just fine.

I've progressed to run 55 of my next series, and something very interesting has dropped... (Hehe, how's that for a spoiler? ;) )