Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Low runes

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Shaneperkins, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Shaneperkins

Shaneperkins IncGamers Member

Low runes

Is it worth collecting them? I usually just throw them away, but now I see people trading them in bulk.. are they really worth keeping?

2. daindow

daindow IncGamers Member

If you've got a mule full of them, it surely can't hurt... never know when might need an ort to repair a weapon!

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

I have three Els, Elds and Tirs each on my rune mule. Unless I see someone trying to craft rods or blunts, I cube all extras up to Nef, which is popular with gloves, at least. Same used to be for Eths, Iths and Tals, but Tals (and sometimes Iths, early in the season) are popular for belts and Spirits, so their prices are more or less a PGem each now. Nefs are 2PGem and Rals 3PGems, etc. Orts, Thuls and Amns, the remaining common runes, are obviously popular, so never let them pass by.

Then again, if you play with little space and trade everything you can't immediately use (or isn't perfect) then let someone else pick them up to hold them for you later when you do choose to Spirit roll, craft or such. Just don't sell them to Malah like some people do with gems (blasphemy!).

4. ael

ael IncGamers Member

I usualy pick `em up. Not the el`s tho :tongue:

You never know when you will need a crappy rune for a gozu runeword. Spirit runes are definately worth keeping, as many people make wealth by rolling perf 35 fcr ones. Hels also worth keeping for rerolling. Rals and Orts are good for repairing sup armor/weapon runewords. Im not a crafter, I never was, but I know that crafties need packs of low runes as base material. So yeah, they are worth keeping. I just keep them on a separate mule. When a flawless gem or rune drops I store it in my stash. When stash gets full I just arrange a muling party. :laugh:

5. BabyLink

BabyLink IncGamers Member

i usually pick up every rune i see and i cube them

6. rata

rata IncGamers Member

they're worth quite a bit if u got the rite ones. i'm glitching armours and poking holes in eth weapons and go thru a lot of rals/tals/amns/thuls. i see others with the same problems. To pay for them i pick up some items that i don't need and sell them for those runes ( i recently traded a skulders for 3 rals, homulculus for an amn, nostro for 2 rals, etc)

7. Suiling

Suiling Banned

I pick them all, and cube them. You never know that you are one El away to Zod..

8. ael

ael IncGamers Member

You would end up cubing 2 hrs to get one. :p

9. jag

jag IncGamers Member

I was making a botd awhile back -- got the zod and all the rest only to find myself short and EL or something like that. It took me over an hour to get that damn low rune LOL

10. ael

ael IncGamers Member

On such occasions you can always make a game offering pgems for it and run countess in the meantime.