Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Low runes dropping from forge

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by poisonxfree, Apr 18, 2005.

1. poisonxfree

poisonxfree IncGamers Member

Low runes dropping from forge

So I'm basically new here, just started back in about a month ago after not playing since 1.09. I'm finally getting the hang of it again and am start to build some decent chars. I rush NM every once in a while so that I can aquire some runes for trading and rune words. Are there better ways to find good runes like that? If so, how?

I heard single repairing the hammer makes for a better drop and I think this might work. Before hearing that, I usually got sol - hel from NM , and after I've gotten a pul, and average drop is lum or ko. Now I still had my forge in hell and wanted to wait to level because I also heard that drop depends on level. I got my zon up to 89 and figured I might as well do it since it will be a while till i get higher. So I clear it out get the hammer, single repair and wait in anticipation for the drop, and hoping for maybe ist as I've dropped that while being rushed before. The gems start falling, then the rune. Hel. What? This seems extremely low to me, and kind of disappointing because I know it will be a while until I can rush hell comfortably. Does anyone know why this drop was so bad?

How do most people get their high level runes like ist, jah, ber, etc, the stuff that's good for most runewords? Is there a better way than what I'm doing?

2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

The chances of getting a particular rune from a forge drop are completly random. There is no way to increase the chance. It is not character level dependant nor is it affected by the durability of the hammer. You have exactaly a 1 in 11 chance of getting your desired rune from the possible drops.

Normal: El - Amn
    Nightmare: Sol - Um
    Hell: Hel - Gul

3. poisonxfree

poisonxfree IncGamers Member

So it seems as though I was just unlucky in getting the lowest possible drop. If the forge in Hell can only drop up to Gul, what can drop higher? Is it possible, or can it only be done by cubing Guls etc.?

4. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I think every monster in Hell that can drop runes can drop higher than Gul...just the chances aren't very high. If you're looking for high runes, do alot of killing and hope. I've managed to find 5 Ohm's and a Gul in the entire time LoD has been out. Patience/luck/and cubing are the only legit ways to get high runes. (Trading is also approved of here, even though most people assume that nearly all high runes are duped)

5. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Indeed... if you ask ATMA "who can drop a Vex" (which I believe is the rune after GUL), it will list the Fallen from A1 Bloodmoor. Assuming that this is indeed the lowest level in hell this means that all regular monsters can drop VEX.

Not all of them can drop ZOD, though, so there is still some progression.

6. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

dont be fooled into thinking char lvl matters

today i got my char glitch rushed, and did nm hellforge at LVL1!

and a LEM dropped, 3rd best rune for NM

still a crap rune tho, so i gave away :cool:

7. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

For high runes, there's Hellforge, hitting Act 5 sparkly chests on p8, and running Mephisto and Haephesto on p4-8.

Well, that and running Countess 458752 times...

8. HCTwinJava

HCTwinJava IncGamers Member

ok, i rushed my own lvl 1 babies to NM hellforge this past weekend. three drops were IO, IO, and again IO!

I once had 5 PUL's on a row from both NM and Hell helforge. It was just weird luck.

9. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

the reason why there seems to be so many high runes on bnet is that most of them are duped