Low resist not working

Boqu

Diabloii.Net Member
Low resist not working

had a strange experience last night. in hell act 2 my poison mancer casted on a bunch of poison immunes but while seeing they are being cursed, their immunity remained. i know that curses will not work on possessed monsters and goastly monsters, but they are neither of the two type. they are just normal type. seemed my LR curse didn't work at all last night. has this happened to anyone else?

bluedragoon

Diabloii.Net Member
was it a special group or something ? maybe they had very high poison resist.
They become immune after 100(correct me if im wrong) resist so maybe they had more + then u could take of with your curse

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Boqu said:
seemed my LR curse didn't work at all last night. has this happened to anyone else?
When breaking an immunity LR works at 1/5th effectiveness. So if you have a level 10 LR you can break immunities of 110% or less. If a monster has more than 110% Poison Resist he will remain immune even with LR.

Megaritis

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
When breaking an immunity LR works at 1/5th effectiveness. So if you have a level 10 LR you can break immunities of 110% or less. If a monster has more than 110% Poison Resist he will remain immune even with LR.
Isn't it that poison immune monsters have poison duration reduced by 100%?

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Megaritis said:
Isn't it that poison immune monsters have poison duration reduced by 100%?
If that were the case every Poison Immune would remain Poison Immune. You can remove the immunity from a lot of those monsters.