Low/mid lv gear set ups?

Ceinwyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Low/mid lv gear set ups?

Howdy all!
After reading the many excellent posts and guides in this (if I may be so bold) awesome forum. I have a pretty clear picture of what my finished Bowie is going to look like. Not sure exactly, mind you, but have an end goal similar to other builds i see here and in the guides at the top of the page.
What I am hoping to get from you folks is some insight into what gear set ups you're using while levelling up. ie: I know Tals mask is part of my end game gear but whats a good helm to use lets say lv20-66.
So there it is. What are some set ups you guys use to lv your chars? Lets say lv1-30 and mid game before your end set?
My bowie will be at the end, a WWS based strafer with all end game goodies I have found, and to start she will be wearing the Artic furs set. As for what to look for and wear in between I have no clue.
Cheers guys! (cant wait to let loose my first volley!!!)

adddm

Diabloii.Net Member
I like to use low level sets:

Death set gloves and sash
Sigon set gloves, belt, boots
Angelic set ammy and ring(s)
Irathas set all if you want maxed resists

Other low level equipment:
Twiththroe or Stealth armor
Biggins Bonnet helm
Bloodfist gloves
Low level rare boots or Hotspur
Low level rare belt or Snakecord
Manald Heal ring
Eye of Etlich amulet

Mid-level upgrades:
Lionheart armor
Rockstopper/Stealskull helms
Razortail belt
War Traveler boots
Ravenfrost ring
Cats Eye amulet
Riphook/WWS bows
Edge/Harmony bows

As to a bow, I find a Hunter or Composite Bow with 3 open sockets which are filled with chipped/flawed/normal sapphire/topaz/ruby/emeralds will take you a long way.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Arctic is a great starter set. The cold damage on it will keep the monsters chilled and your zon alive. Lycanders is a good mid game bow. I have used Blood Ravens Charge mid game, as well as Goldstrike Arch, too. Buriza has good damage but is not an end game bow. If you can get the full Mav's set it is rather nice. But the Faith Bow seems to be the bow of choice lately around here.

Look for IAS gear because you'll want to hit the last BP (see the sticky above).

Dacar92 said:
Arctic is a great starter set. The cold damage on it will keep the monsters chilled and your zon alive. Lycanders is a good mid game bow. I have used Blood Ravens Charge mid game, as well as Goldstrike Arch, too. Buriza has good damage but is not an end game bow. If you can get the full Mav's set it is rather nice. But the Faith Bow seems to be the bow of choice lately around here.

Look for IAS gear because you'll want to hit the last BP (see the sticky above).
heres my usual progression:

start out with whatever i can find, including buying a 3os hunters bow or someting and chipping it

low level twinkage:

helm - sig (partial bonus gives nice ar i think?)
ammy - angelic
bow - 6 flawless topazd long war bow, changes to 6 ortd later
ring 1 - angelic
ring 2 - manald
armor - angelic
gloves - sig
belt - sig
boots - sig

mid level:

helm - peasant crown
ammy - a nice rare i have with skills and res
bow - lycanders at 42 (usually i norm baal to 45)
armor - lionheart
ring 1 - raven
ring 2 - raven
gloves - sanders or magnus
belt - razortail usu.
boots - waterwalks

lycanders gets me thru nm easy :)

Leonavice

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's mine.

Different for melee and magic. The reason is due to the Str req for Sigon which is rather high for you to be investing if you are going magic.

Melee
Full sigon set
Cathan's ring x 2
Manald Heal, replace 1 of your cathan's at level 15.
Some crappy +energy or mana ammy
Some sword with lots of socket for gems. Usually you can get one at Act 2

Magic
Bloodfist
Cathan's Mesh
Lenymo or Hsaru's Iron Stay or Infernal Belt
Vidala's Fetlock or Treads of Chton
Some crappy 2 socket helm with 2 flawed sapphires inside.
Some crappy shield or Pelta Lunata.
Long Bow with 3 sockets. Doesn't matter if you are an amazon or not, since you will use that bow to plink away at stuff while your mana regenerates. If you are a necro, you will plink away while your skells take them out.