Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Low-mid level resist equipment

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by FrolfFreak, Mar 31, 2004.

1. FrolfFreak

FrolfFreak IncGamers Member

Low-mid level resist equipment

Hi all,
    Just got my assassin to Act 1 of nightmare. In normal i didn't emphasize (ok, make that "have") resists on my equippment, but since it was normal it didn't matter much. Now that she's in nightmare, tho, it's hurting. What are some good ways to get resists on a lvl 53-ish 'sin in nightmare? Right now she's wearing the following:

Coronet/Tiara thingie with +1 Assassin skills
    Amulet with +1 Shadow skills
    Runeword "Strength" blade talon, +1 Assassin skills blade talon
    The Spirit Shroud Unique Ghost Armor
    Goblin Toe Boots
    3% Mana leech/+95 AR ring, 3% Mana leech ring
    Sigon's gloves and belt
    No charms whatsoever (i like having space to pick up stuff to sell for shiny gold)

I'm playing her only with equipment i find, for now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-FF

2. Amiron

Amiron IncGamers Member

Hopefully you can find a decent magic resistance ammy in nm by gambling or drop (like those 3, but i found those in hell i belive)

Chromatic Amulet
    Required Level: 41
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: **
    Fingerprint: 0xc23b443e
    All Resistances +27

Prismatic Amulet of the Whale
    Required Level: 37
    Item Level: 85
    Fingerprint: 0x9571e698
    +96 to Life
    All Resistances +20

Prismatic Amulet of Energy
    Required Level: 31
    Item Level: 80
    Fingerprint: 0x5b6226d1
    +1 to Energy
    All Resistances +20

Maybe i have mistaken now, but isnt there a cube recepie for a prismatic ammy? that one could always be a good start. A skin of the viper magi, would also be nice, if you find one that is. :)

hope this helps a little.

:drink: //Amiron

3. Pucho

Pucho Banned

you can always have a 3Pdiamonds (57 resist all) or an ancients pledge (~40 resists) on switch, for those times you need extra resists
    fade is an option too, unless you are using burst of speed...

4. Scrute

Scrute IncGamers Member

If I get desperate for resistances, I return to normal, socket some armor I found and throw runes in it, then use Perfect Diamonds in a shield. Usually that holds me over until I can find some real resistance items. Also charms can be a big help, even those 5% ones really add up.

5. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

I had the same problem with my Assassin when she first entered Hell. My permanent solution is the Natalya's Odium set, but that's obviously not feasible in this situation. I used Moser's Blessed Circle with an Um rune and a Perfect Diamond as a stop-gap measure, and though it changed my playing style considerably to have to use a shield instead of two claws, the end justified the means. Alternatively, you could use a Jade Talon for its excellent resistances; but those are hard to come by.

EDIT: 'Rhyme' runeword (Shael+Eth) is one of the most useful in the game, and the runes are relatively easy to find. For an Assassin, it is exceptionally beneficial because of the Cannot be Frozen mod. Though this is only +25 to All Resistances, that's 25 more than you have now.

6. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

vipermagi isn´t to hard to find and it´s great!

just found a eth 34% one that i think ill upgrade and give my merc :thumbsup:

7. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I used ancients pledge, sadly...then I started to find and gamble a bit, so I ended up with a +30 res circlet, and a +17 res, +98 life amulet. I also suggest Nightsmoke as a small helper. You can pick up good single resistance charms as early as the Den of Evil, Normal. I use those a lot. I switch them out as other equip becomes available. Maybe you should run Baal for that Vipermagi (that is if he can drop it, I'm not sure :scratch: ). The crafting recipe for the prismatic amulet will get you started as well as suggested earlier. What's your build? Trapsin, MA?

Trapsin should be able to survive to NM Meph with lousy resists and then you can run him to get your Moser's. ID all rare boots and belts you find as they can easily have up to 40% resist for two elements. Goldskin and Darkglow can help, and I shoot for Duriel's Shell for untwinked characters which NM Meph can drop. Look for gloves as well, they can also spawn 2 resists, I like crafting blood gloves as you get up to 10% CB, and can spawn +2 MA or MF and resistances.

Good luck

8. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

The Prismatic Ammy thingie is a Pgem of every type except skull and a blue ammy IIRC.

That could boost your res. nicely.

Hope for a good second mod to ;)

9. FrolfFreak

FrolfFreak IncGamers Member

Ancient's Pledge looks like a solid option, as i've got the runes collecting dust in my stash as we speak. Thank you for all the suggestions.

-FF

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Beware: the ethereal bonus won't stay when upgraded. You lose the durability loss and +50% to the base defense.

Since when are Wrist Swords so hard to get? You could always ask me for one :teeth:

11. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

You're right.. i'm practically swimming in uniq wrist swords. Didn't really understand from the original post wheather u wanted to collect all your items yourself but if not i think i can come up with some resist/sassin stuff if u want, just need an email adress

12. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Nef + Lum for for Smoke armor isn't too expensive either, 50% resist all never hurt anyone.

13. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

It's not that they aren't out there in abundance for trade, because I see them all the time and have two myself. My meaning was that they aren't so easy to come by in Act 1 Nightmare, with an untwinked character.

14. anonymite

anonymite IncGamers Member

Is this a bug?

My amazon found a ring a couple of weeks back that seems too good to be true.

+4 Strength
    6% Life Leach
    24% Resist All?!

I was thinking that since there are only 3 mods, maybe a bug caused both Rainbow and Scintillating to be tabbed. Any thoughts?

15. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Do you have a ATMA readout? I believe ATMA will list all the sub-mods.

16. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

You should really get some charms. You can still have plenty of inventory left, and they can really add to your killing power and survival.