Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

low lvl item fund

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by mathil, Feb 20, 2004.

1. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

low lvl item fund

Maybe it was coincidence but there is a rash of "hi, im new to these forums, i am coming back to the game" threads tonight, but this seems like as good a reason as any to say again that there is a low lvl item fund.

BACKGROUND: Ever notice how it seems like everyone starts the game by creating a mf char then doing mf runs 2 hours a day so they have enough gear to trade for or find anything they want? Ever wonder what happens to the gear they find that they don't want but is still good, if only for new characters?

We are trying to collect it to distribute and/or save it for someone who wants it or when it is needed to complete a low lvl set.

STATUS: Currently we have one account on east, west, and europe realm. Each account has 2 ladder characters on it. The europe and east characters have been filling up, but the west account is lacking.

There are currently a handful of people that know the password to the accounts including: myself, sasja, m0nk, melianor, and amishinga. (sorry if i forgot anyone)

This account serves 2 purposes: a charity, and extra storage. It is extra storage for donators who might not realize in a week they will need that cathans armor they find. For others, its a charity in hopes that they will become donators completing the circle.

DONATING/COLLECTING: If you would like to donate or collect items, there is a psuedo-process: contact one of the ppl who have the password and ask them if they have the time. I have been busy lately with school work, but i will try to be available for this. I have 3 instant messanging services that are usually always on so it shouldn't be hard to contact me.

2 WAYS OF COLLECTING: If you have a specific need, lets say you need isenharts sword. you can ask for it here or ask directly one of the trusted who have access to the account. As of yet there exists no inventory, but if that is warrented, it can be implemented.

The other way is simply saying "I'm using horrible gear. HELP!!!!" this is much easier to remedy because in general if your asking, you can be helped. We won't always have that one set item that is needed.

ITEM QUALITY/QUANTITY: As far as what gets donated, its up to the donators. I've been filling the east characters with low lvl set items (5+ sigons belts), decent rares, and str/dex charms.

As far as giving away is concerned, the rule of thumb i use is one item per item slot. A character has no use for 2 helms other than trading purposes and that isn't what this is about. It was proposed that we might have the total trade value of the items given away to one person be set, but that is too hard to keep track of, so its based on the judgement of who is handing it out.

NEW INFORMATION:
    There were a few people that said they would donate and nothing happened of it and the thread was lost. If anyone can donate, please leave the realm/acc here so i can get back and that can happen.

off topic, but i think our ghost mod is elly. i saw her in here 30 min ago.

I think I said everything. If I left anything out let me know.

EDIT: acc name: dii_noob_fund01 (its zero one)
    Its the same on all realms so everyone that is among "the trusted" has access to every realm.

2. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

I do know the password? Thats new to me ;) Probably forgot about the whole thing, sorry :/

my acc *ohmygoddess, *darliandor
    I have definetly some stuff to doante and i can fill up those chars on Europe Ladder basically every night. Can throw in some goddies aswell. Finally some of those none-tradeable items come to some good use!

mathil, you pm about the pwd please? thx!

I'd like to see this thread stickied 8)

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

well, actually i forgot who i sent the password to, but you should have been one of them. i think soepgroente might have been on the list. or was he the one that passed saying he will donate. i wish i had a better memory. but ya, the password is being sent.

4. melianor

could have been soep ;) he restarted now, so he might be able to doante aswell *g* ill have a look and start dropping low-lvl stuff on those acc.

5. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

OH, the other thing i wanted to mention was that it would be nice if this was kept a sorc forum secret. I doubt it will happen, but its a nice thought.

The reason for this was that I've personally never seen anything like this before and I don't know how it will end up looking. Mainly this refers to the balance of ppl getting items vs ppl donating items. In the last thread someone came in and said they saw it done, the trick is to limit the ppl that have the password. That has been done. But the question i have is what kind of response we will get from donators and collectors.

6. melianor

we shall see. I like the idea, but for this to work this post needs to be stickied :D *goes in search of a mod* keeping it to this forum is a good idea ;)

7. KTang

KTang <font color="#93ad4f">Official Diablo 3 Item Value

Oo me me me i'll take part! Got tons of stuff to donate too :

Edit: Oops. KTang and EU :D

8. Muire

Muire IncGamers Member

i got some stuff that i'm sure could be donated. Melianor, i'm assuming you're on europe. thats right isn't it?

9. Fizbanmajere

Fizbanmajere IncGamers Member

So can you guys post a list of the people involved, so we'll know who to pm about donating stuff?

Or should we just post here?

10. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

this is the list i have. sasja, m0nk, myself, and melianor have posts everywhere so im 99% sure their names are correct. i think i spelled amishinga wrong.

posting here works too, but before it can happen, it will have to be done through PM's or some other method (IM, email). It gets really bothersome posting here the time when it can happen. Its just too much talking back and forth for a forum setting.

as far as Muire's comment goes: all 3 accs are the same, so anyone who knows the password can access all realms.

11. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

*looks for reason to bump*

if any of the accounts fill up, let me know so i can make more chars on them.

12. EngelZ

EngelZ IncGamers Member

Ah

I do lots of MFing, I can donate to west
    Engelz* US West

I spend lots of time doing drops to act 1 people anyway ^-^

13. AgentPongo

AgentPongo IncGamers Member

I'd love to help out on the USwest acc.

My acc *agentpongo

I gave away like 16 low lvl runes today, coulda gone to this :(

14. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

tomarrow, or today, or whatever day it will be when i wake up. thursday. that day.

i should be able to get most times during then, pm me or send a msg via aim about when you can/will be online. it shouldn't take too long.

15. sorcees

sorcees IncGamers Member

Thats a great idea, I am in for it, have tons of stuff i wont need, but wont sell, stucks on my mules, mostly low-mid level, not tradeble but useful.
    Few questions, the EU account, it is ladder, but also HC.
    If not, is it an idea to start also for HC, cos i play 95% HC, and starting over is more of an issue in HC.

Greetings, Sorcees.

o yeah, for the password, you could PM me.
    *sorcees_1
    *sorcees
    mainly sorcs and necro's

16. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

It might be a wise idea not to give too many people the accounts password, since apart from the risk of it getting hacked's increasement, you'll often get two persons trying to access the same character. It'd be better if most people just whisper one of the people that can access the account if they want to donate stuff. Oh yea you can sign me up :drool:

*soepgroente2 (Europe ladder)

I had a system like this in mind: If you want to donate, whisper person A, B or C on your realm. Then person A, B or C gets on the account and receives the stuff. Same way if you're needing anything :)

17. bloembak

bloembak IncGamers Member

I'll sticky it and see how this goes, sounds like a nice idea, hope it all goes well guys & gals.

18. mistiquo

mistiquo IncGamers Member

I will be able to donate too, just give me about a week to get my meteor sorc up and running... I'm Europe realm, non ladder, soft core ONLY...
    so, I suppose that won't be a big deal? donations will start flowing from whenever the metesorc and and one of you guys are online and running...

P.S.: acct: najtreg88
    (I'm online (atm) on wednesday and weekends only)

Hope I can be of help!

19. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

sorcees: im sorry, but like soepgroente said, we should try to keep the password to a limited group. right now, only 5 sorc forum frequenters have it, and we will see how that works out before changing it. last thread when this was talked about someone came in and said that its a great idea that was done once before. the trick is to keep the group that has the password small. i would have liked to hear what he had to say on some other parts about it, but he didn't answer. so for now, we are going to see if this works and what should/needs to be changed.

as far as what realm the accounts are, hard core vs. soft core and ladder vs. non-ladder can all be on the same account, so it isn't much of a problem to just create more characters. BUT, to get hard core characters on europe (only donator for hardcore so far) we will need a rush through normal on one of the softcore chars. if someone wants to rush the char, i can get online, just tell me when.

i wasn't going to worry about non-ladder because the realms should be resetting soon enough and all ladder will become non-ladder making a supply there while we go and build back up on ladder.

20. mistiquo

mistiquo IncGamers Member

couldn't agree more manthil, I wasn't expecting to get the pw for those acct anyway, I was just gonna give and give and give and give and ...

but for not giving anything to the non ladder community would be unfair... ladder will be resetting soon => all the ladder chars will be able to profit of the items also, but that's not the point, I would like to assist everyone, everywhere (on europe)

So, NO pw to normal donators, just give the pw to a couple of peops to control everything, and that's it!

Just my 2$