Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

low lvl item fund

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by mathil, Jan 28, 2004.

1. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

low lvl item fund

i don't feel like retyping the entirety of the thoughts that went into it. but if you aren't sure, i can do it later.

sasja, you said you could start burning chars in. before i start doing the same, i need to know if you did this yet and which realm it was on.

acc name: dii_noob_fund01

2. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

I haven't done anything yet - thought we might try to figure out the modus operandi before spending too much time. Do you (or anyone else) have ideas to how this could be operated?

For newcomers: our plan was to make a ladder account (on each realm?) where people could dump their low level items found in mf-runs and others from this forum could enjoy them. However, how do we collect the items and how are they distributed? It can't be too complicated or time consuming, or it won't last long.

3. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

my plan was to have an hr each day where the accounts could be accessable. i have no problem with spending that time upkeeping the accounts if no one else will. if someone needs something (donate/get), they could contact one of the ppl who have access to the accounts and when there is time to do so, they can donate/get w/e they needed.

so far i set up 3 accs, one on each ladder realm in east, west, and europe. i need to get one more char in the europe acc before i can call it ready, but its pretty much set up. the ladder should be reset soon, so if this idea lasts long enough, the current accounts will become regular accs and we can make new ones for the next ladder season.

i was going to give the passwords out to a few of the ppl in this forum including melainor, you, m0nk, and amishinga. (sry if i butchered your sn)

i am easy to get a hold of if someone needs something from the accs. i have 3 instant messanger services that i try to keep on all day.

keeping a list of what is on the accs will take longer, but i was guna just not do a list to start out with.

EDIT: i have avoided saying which hr it will be until now. im not sure how this will work out with ppl's playing schedule, but i will say 9-10 central time. i can be online for that time every day.

the accs name is dii_noob_fund01

4. mrwallin

mrwallin IncGamers Member

Hi
    This has been tried before by a bunch of the oldtimers back when I used to hang in the Druid forum (IIRC Garbad_the_weak made the acc's) and one thing we learned the first time was to limit the ppl that knew the password to the acc to a minimum...
    Sadly enough it only took about 1 days before the first acc was completely stripped with nothing going to new players... But we learned from it and the new one lasted for a while.

But I like the idea and if you sticky some info I gladly help you fill it on Europe :D

Keep up the good work
    MrWallin

Edit: Spelling problems :D

5. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

Sadly, we have no forum mod (though for a while we had a ghost mod sticky things), so can't be sure when anything will get stickied. The stickies that are there need to be taken down.

I just finished making the last char on the europe account. so each account has 2 chars on it. the only thing on them now is the stuff i used to play them. they are barbarians (high str/dex so can equip some of the muled stuff). they are all lvl 6,7 or 10. again the acc is dii_noob_fund01 and i will pm the ppl listed above with the password. if i left anyone off the list, i apoligize. just say something.

it would be useful if we got a different thread stickied that gave a brief FAQ about this. like how to donate/get items.

EDIT: i sent the password out to everyone on the list except sasja, the inbox was full.

6. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

can the ppl who said they would donate leave there acc in the thread so we can start filling up the accs. i know i have filled one char on the east acc with low lvl set items, but there is a lack of activity going on.

7. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Inbox cleared :p

How are we going to distribute the things, though? Some obvious options and their problems:

1) Everyone who asks for items get to see the whole collection and pick whatever (s)he wants.

Advantage: Easy to adminitrate - just drop everything on the floor in a set game, and people can come and pick up whatever they want
    Problem: Will probably mean that the first to look takes all

2) Everyone who asks for items get to see the whole collection and pick ONE (or another low number) item (s)he wants

Problem: The best item(s) will be taken by the first to look and the rest will gather dust and fill up the mule. More time consuming to adminitrate if it means that everything will have to be shown in the trade window.

3) People ask for things here, and if we have them, we give them away.

Advantage: Will probably be reasonably fair, as we can limit the items to one person etc.
    Problem: people will perhaps not ask for very low level items which will then clog the mules.

4) We advertise the stuff on the mules and people ask for what's on there on a first come first serve basis (or even more fair, we grade all items and one person can get items up to the value of some specific rune or whatever we use to grade the items with)

Advantage: Probably as fair as we can make it
    Problem: Way too complicated and time consuming

Other ideas? Comments?

8. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

im interested in what happened the last time this was started. mr wallin, care to fill us in?

when i give stuff away, i usually give away one of each item slot, or try to. that seems fair to me. having 3 belts won't help anyone (as far as use goes anyways).

i like a combo of number 3 and 4. if someone needs an item to complete a set, or something like, it is inconvenient to do it any way other than number 3.

if we implement "the list" of all items on each realm, it would be really simple. we don't have to have an exact science about how much to give someone, we could just estimate. not make it too much or too little. it doesn't need to be exact and this makes it a lot simpler.

i can go through an update the list once a week if necessary. the list could be posted here.

something else i would like to see implemented is 'donators choice.' (or so i will call it) people who donate get dibs on the items. they are the ones giving the items so when they need the full cathans set off of the mules, let them have it. granted they couldn't just strip the accs, but there needs to be a different standard for people who are the major donators. its just respect, you don't piss off the cow maker or the killer, especially if your a leecher.

9. tl998

tl998 Banned

I have a whole extra sigon's set lying around. How do I donate?

10. Firey_chasm

Firey_chasm Banned

I better get my mf ladder sorc up and running then so I can start donating :) shes stuck at the end of normal atm lol

11. Silvervixen

Silvervixen IncGamers Member

Hi,

I don't post a lot on this forum. I tend to post more on the HC forum, but i love the sorc so i lurk here some times :D I do a bit of MF and these days i end up selling a lot of items, that i'm sure someone could use. So how could i help to donate? Oh and is this HC as well or only SC? I only play HC/Europe

Anyway a great idea!

Silvervixen

12. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

so how do i get free stuf plz

13. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

well, as far as what realms its on is concerned, its on east west and europe. the mules on them now are all ladder sc. it won't be much trouble to make a hc mule on europe or wherever else is needed, but there will be less of a demand for hc items. i will create a hc mule on the acc later today when i am free.

if you want to donate, leave your acc/realm and a time u think u will be playing (i would prefer if the times could be standardized as much as possible, like only from 8-10 or something like that); i will prolly be able to get online then. if not and im playing, yell at me.

*mathil or *thesaint on east

if im not busy, you can im (yahoo, msn, or aim) me and i will do it.

EDIT: same process applies for recieving from the accs. but keep in mind that right now, there isn't much on them.

14. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

*bryanmorris

I will mule some stuff over tonite. For USeast

15. KaesarSosei

KaesarSosei IncGamers Member

This is a great idea! I am constantly giving away to total strangers really decent stuff for low level chars (I was planning on throwing away 2 Bonesnaps tonight actually) but putting them into a slush fund ;) is much better.

But why is this on the Sorc forum? Should it not go into the Community Forum?

16. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

suggestion: a channel be created on the realm just for the shake of donation. priorities given to players who have high participation level (ie donated items before). a couple of moderators who track participation levels by means of a log file (which is compared at the end of the day between moderators and a master list updated). a player is entitled to so many items of what kind per day depending on known/declared no of chars created/ known/declared no of accounts owned. Hope to see people joining up soon.

Btw, when the next season ends, my friend and I might be migrating from Asia to West. Hooray! :)

17. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

holy mother of god. that is one idea, but that is a lot more work than i was thinking of.

KaesarSosei: this probably belongs on the community forum, but its not there. vbmenu_register("postmenu_1319669", true);

18. aND2

aND2 IncGamers Member

Well, this might not be the appropriate thread to introduce myself in, but I have been lurking around these forums for nearly 4 months, without making an account. I decided I finally would when I saw the last few posts in this thread. I know most of you are probably "anti-bot" but, If you would like to carry through on simmk81's idea, I would be glad to help.. I have the ability to "load a bot" into a channel that would have moderation powers in the channel, and I would be able to set certian people's "access" to different numbers, ranging from 10 to 100. Some commands would be to kick people out of the channel, permenantly ban people from the channel, give other people "access" to do certian things, and even play a fancy little word game with the bot :p . I'm hoping to soon become one of those "forum guru's" on these forums, as I am on many other forums. Currently, I'm playing on USEast (HCL and regular old ladder, and even some nonladder), but I am sure that I could soon get some channels going on other realms. If interisted, someone who is working on this project, please reply :D .

P.S. I desire no access to the accounts of the items.. but I would like to grab a few low level items on USEast for my new "hydra sorceress" ;)

19. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

yes it's def very labour-intensive and will take a lot of time and sacrifice from dedicated players (there are some very dedicated players already as far as i know) to keep this going and successful. Real big problem i forsee in the long run is, more than one account will be created due to huge demand and trading traffic will be heavy and the moderators will be getting whispered for any small whines. This can prove to be particulary irritating especially in the middle of a mf session or a dueling session. Also, you will def get the flooders who flood the channel with " i want XXX item/i want free items" like some kind of ho constantly. Not to mention that accounts like this are juicy lambs for the wolves of hackers.

20. aND2

aND2 IncGamers Member

I would suggest having people come to the channel and ask people there who have access for an item. Then, the person who has access could save what they took out into my bot, and there, it would be done. You wouldnt get any items from whispering people, but you could only get it from asking in the channel. I am sure with all the people that mathil decided would have access, one of these people should be able to be in the channel for a little while each day.