Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Low Level Rushing (how they do it?)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by tallon, Mar 18, 2005.

1. tallon

tallon Diabloii.Net Member

Low Level Rushing (how they do it?)

I see a whole bunch of low level (ie: single digit) characters in hell difficulty. I'm curious as to how someone rushed that character to hell mode. This is on west Ladder, specifically.

I ask because I am trying to learn how to rush myself to hellforge, but do not know how to get a character around the ancients to get the baal quest. =-\

Help?

-tallon

2. Frex

Frex Diabloii.Net Member

You simply just need to receive the Baal quest to advance into the next difficulty.

In other words, you don't need to do the Ancients. Find someone who has not completed the Baal quest and intends on doing it, and party with him/her and stand in town while he/she defeats Baal. You then should have received the quest while in town because the person who got the kill needed the Baal quest as well.

3. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 Diabloii.Net Member

or alternatively Make a rush character in Diablo Classic ( dont tick the expansion box)

Rush your characters to Hell Act 4

Convert them to expansion walla, dodge the old ancients :)

4. tallon

Ah, thx!

Now I have to decide if I really want to do a new account on classic... lol. :)

-tallon

5. Gaza0469

Gaza0469 Diabloii.Net Member

You can have the same account with classic and expansion characters :)

(8 characters per account though)

Or..

The other way as mentioned above is to get your newb character to Act 5, and then wait for a game called "Baal 4 Quest"

Then just join that game, and wait in town. As long as someone that needs the quest is in the throne of destruction when Baal is dead you will also get the quest.

Remember - it wont work if say you create the game with your newb character, enter with your rush character, kill baal with your rush character, you will not get quest credit.

Someone has to be in the throne room who needs the quest for your newb character to also get it.

Creating a rush character in classic is actually pretty easy, I made my rush hammerdin up in a weekend, just got to level 80, then MF for a 2nd weekend to get all the gear I needed.

Then just created mules in classic, rushed them to Act 4 Hell, then converted my mules to expansion.

Then I just used an expansion character to clear the forge, and voila nice easy cheap forge drops.

6. tallon

I know I could do that... but i dunno. Starting a new char over would be no fun :). Anyway, I have two computers... so I just make a game with the new character called "Baal quest" or something like that, and join with my high level.

Wait for someone to join, complete, boom. Done. So far, it's worked *VERY* good. I just need to level my tanking-merc so i can actually beat hell duriel. =-\

I can do it now, but it's too hard to not want a merc, heh.

-tallon