Low level PKer

princesspk

Diabloii.Net Member
Low level PKer

Figured I'd give a go at hunting for ears in HC.

I was thinking on making a chargerdin, decked out with damage oriented gear. Here's what I was planning (based on gear that I already have for the most part)

eth steeldriver
4 os armor with +max jewels
3 os helm with +max jewels
2x angelic ring
angelic ammy
bloodfists

Skills : 20 might / 1 smite / 1+ charge (depending on what lvl I'll get/skill quests I finish)

I was thinking of shooting for lvl 21 or 22, but I forget if Hel'in a weapon makes it's prereq lvl go down? -25% on the ilvl 29 of steeldriver should make it 21,75, so it depends on how the game rounds figures up or down. Am I mistaken on this? Don't want to waste a Hel for no reason. Also, if I am wrong and won't be able to use steeldriver until lvl 29 (I don't want to go this far, since he might die I don't want to invest too much time building him), would it be acceptable to use something like a 6 os pike or maul and fill it with Ith runes? Dirt cheap, and it should be somewhat efficient. I also have a reasonable amount of +life charms usable at lvl 14-20 on one of my mules so this should be good enough.

Last thing, I have no clue what boots I should be using. Actually I don't have any boots stored on my mules so just give me a few suggestions and I'll trade for them. I don't have an unlimited amount of ressources either... I'm missing a few +max jewels (only have the ones I found) too, are they worth a lot if I end up trading for them?

I'm in no hurry to get this character ready to fight and I wouldn't want to be losing him because of bad gear. I might make a trial version of him with a big damage pike, magical +AR rings, +life helm and armor, and other dirt cheap equipment that can be shopped for to see how well he fares. If he gets me a few ears in his cheap version he will definetly be a powerful killer with the good gear.

AzaZaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Figured I'd give a go at hunting for ears in HC.

I was thinking on making a chargerdin, decked out with damage oriented gear. Here's what I was planning (based on gear that I already have for the most part)

eth steeldriver
4 os armor with +max jewels
3 os helm with +max jewels
2x angelic ring
angelic ammy
bloodfists

Skills : 20 might / 1 smite / 1+ charge (depending on what lvl I'll get/skill quests I finish)

I was thinking of shooting for lvl 21 or 22, but I forget if Hel'in a weapon makes it's prereq lvl go down? -25% on the ilvl 29 of steeldriver should make it 21,75, so it depends on how the game rounds figures up or down. Am I mistaken on this? Don't want to waste a Hel for no reason. Also, if I am wrong and won't be able to use steeldriver until lvl 29 (I don't want to go this far, since he might die I don't want to invest too much time building him), would it be acceptable to use something like a 6 os pike or maul and fill it with Ith runes? Dirt cheap, and it should be somewhat efficient. I also have a reasonable amount of +life charms usable at lvl 14-20 on one of my mules so this should be good enough.

Last thing, I have no clue what boots I should be using. Actually I don't have any boots stored on my mules so just give me a few suggestions and I'll trade for them. I don't have an unlimited amount of ressources either... I'm missing a few +max jewels (only have the ones I found) too, are they worth a lot if I end up trading for them?

I'm in no hurry to get this character ready to fight and I wouldn't want to be losing him because of bad gear. I might make a trial version of him with a big damage pike, magical +AR rings, +life helm and armor, and other dirt cheap equipment that can be shopped for to see how well he fares. If he gets me a few ears in his cheap version he will definetly be a powerful killer with the good gear.
If you're using eth steel you're not gonna be pking low lvls.

Why don't you take a gander into the pk library in the hc forums for ideas. Theres plenty of cheap builds you can take advantage of there.