Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Low Level Duelling: Rules And Regulations (SPF v1.11) ifra

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by PSYCHO, Sep 20, 2006.

1. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

Low Level Duelling: Rules And Regulations (SPF v1.11)

Hello and welcome to this guide! I will attempt to inform you all of what exactly Low Level Duelling (LLD for short), is and some guidelines that are being followed in the GM (good manners) LLD games in the SPF.

LLD is an interesting and fast-paced duelling situation whereby characters are limited to the character level 18 (clvl 18), and the skill bonus' from the Den Of Evil and Radament quests. The field is mainly dominated by melee builds (especially fast hitters such as the powerful Zealot, speedy Kicksin and nearly unhittable Jabazon), but some limitations have been created to encourage more caster-orientated characters.

LLD is a viable way to gain experience in the world of duelling and is also fun on its own merits. One important pro regarding LLD is the relatively low wealth needed to maintain a decent character. This means that anybody can start out with absolutely nothing and piece together good LLDing gear via a few trades or runs!

I would like to thank everybody who has joined in the LLD games the SPF has had recently. A few of you in particular have been especially helpful with suggestions and ideas and I appreciate it (I won't name anyone as I'd hate to forget anybody by accident!). I'd like to thank Kabal for the original PvP thread where some material in this guide was taken from. Finally I'd like to say that this isn't "my baby". Everything here is still subject to change but for now, this is what will be considered GM in LLD games.

Thankyou for reading, and on with the rules!

General Rules
    • Please try to be polite, so don't town guard, corpse guard, steal gold, etc.
    • Characters must be level 18 or under and cannot be rushed beyond Act II Normal (ergo only the Den Of Evil and Radament bonuses may figure in a character's skill makeup)
    • Corpseless Re-castables are only allowed (no Skeletons or Magi)
    • Characters requiring arrows or bolts must have their full supply on their character (in their hand, inventory or Horadric Cube). They will not be allowed to return to town if they run out of arrows or bolts during a duel, although extra quivers may be dropped just inside town to facilitate easier replenishment between duels
    • All duels take place in the Blood Moor
    • Duels only start when both parties have clearly stated their readiness
    • Leaving the Blood Moor constitutes a loss. In team play, the remaining members may continue fighting but the deserted player may not rejoin the fray and must stay out of the Blood Moor until the battle has concluded
    • In a team duel you must stay in town if you die until the duel is over

Players on 1hp

Players on 1 health are encouraged to stand and fight instead of running away and regenerating their health.

For opponents on 1 health:
    • Running from combat without switching to ranged/spellcasting equipment/skills and attempting to use them will result in a forfeit of the duel
    • Running from combat with a melee only build will result in a forfeit (an exception to this can be made for Barbarians needing more distance to engage with Leap or Leap Attack or a Paladin that needs more distance for Charge)

Banned Skills
    • Lifetap
    • Holy Bolt
    • Holy Freeze
    • Skeletons
    • Skeleton Magi

These items may not be used in the form of class skills, o-skills granted by items, charges, or Chance To Cast when striking.

Skill Restrictions

The following skills have limitations regarding their use in duels.

• Bone Armour (Necromancer) - this cannot be cast more than once per duel
    • Cyclone Armour (Druid) - this cannot be cast more than once per duel

Equipment Restrictions
    • Bugged, hacked or duped items cannot be used – 1.07 Crafted items are included in this category
    • No items from previous versions are to be used at all (including 1.10 and betas)
    • Items from Hardcore mode are not allowed to be brought into the Softcore arena
    • Items with the “Slows Target by X%†modifier are not allowed on physical-damage attackers (for example, Cleglaw’s Claw or Blackhorn’s Face). A caster character, however, can use items with the “Slows Target by X%†modifier if they wish (but may not use a physical/ranged attack)
    • Items with the “Knockback†modifier are not allowed on any character class. Skills that provide a knockback effect (for example, Smite, Bash, Charge or Leap Attack) are still allowed
    • Total Life Replenish from items and skills combined is limited to 20
    • Each character is only allowed to wear two sources of +Max Resist/absorb per element. For poison, Poison Length Reduction gear will count as absorb. Putting points into a Paladin's passive resist skill will not count towards sources of +Max Resist
    • Poison Length Reduction cannot be used against Poison builds
    • There is no limit to Elemental Damage from skills or otherwise
    • Poison damage is limited to 50 (including charms) - the exception to this is poison damage from skills

Character Restrictions

The following characters have limitations in Low Level Duelling.

Zealot:
    • Cleglaw's Sword may not be equipped
    • Crushing Blow may not be used

GA Amazon:
    • Critical Strike cannot be utilised

Bonemancers:
    • Cannot use Iron Maiden in conjunction with Bone Wall

Faster Run/Walk Restrictions

There is now a maximum of 75% FR/W combined from skills, gear and charms for the following characters who use skills that increase speed (Paladins with Vigor and Assassins with Burst of Speed).

The maximum combined FR/W for other characters who cannot (or do not), utilise the above 'increased speed' skills is 95%. This includes all FR/W from gear and charms.

The Druid's Feral Rage skill deserves a special mention here. The cap for Druid's with Feral Rage is 95%. The lowest bonus of FR/W from the skill level of Feral Rage is taken from the cap. For example:

At skill level 1, Feral Rage gives 19-32% to FR/W. A Druid that uses this skill would then take 19% (not 32%), from 95% giving an extra 76% FR/W to be used from gear and charms.

2. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

This won't make the zealots weaker, just more expensive.

3. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

looks good phyco, just double cheaking but iron maiden is no longer banned??

4. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

Iron Maiden is no longer banned.

Corrupted: This may be true, however the power of DS with such a character cannot be ignored.

5. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

I thought the purpose of this excercise is to make a best-effort to balance all characters?

How can you tell if they aren't just running away to regen life/mana?

I thought that if the person is using a skill with KB then they could use an item with KB?

No limit on +maxers? The sword will just be replaced by 6 x +15 War Axe.

Unfortuately I disagree with this. This makes hybrid zons useless.

6. PSYCHO

PSYCHO IncGamers Member

To bed!

That's the aim. That's why I've not said this is all set in concrete.

You cannot. Like many things here, this requires a fair bit of personal honour and discipline to abide by.

This is true and I must clarify that. Characters such as Chargers and Bashers are able to equip items with the Knockback as doubling the effect is useless.

That is definitely something that will be dealt with in future. Hopefully we'll have a legion of new characters other than Zealots to mess with.

I lament for the Amazon hybrid however no other class has access to an ITD skill combined with such a high CS from one invested skill point.

7. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

I lament that Jab has -ED% and Guided Arrow has 0 ED% so Critical Stike is their damage modifier. Ban CS and you might as well ban Barb weapon masteries, Might, Concentration, etc.

8. Deaddave

zhao has a point. it dosnt have any other damage modifier so let ga and critical strike be used. just re reading the rules i would also like to see a limit on +maxers. it mite help to limit the amout of fast attackers and bring a bit more balance.

edit the 1 hp rule is just goin to have to be done on respect

9. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

Rules look good so far, except crtical cap for amas.
    Limit on weapon max dmg jewels or overall max dmg jewel limit??Im about to make max dmg armor:rolleyes:
    edit: lets not make lvl 18 duels into naked duels....

And I think our pvp community is mature enough to add HLLD (lvl 30), tho balancing rules there might be dificult.

10. Deaddave

im thinking limiting the overal amount of max damage jewls on or off wepon. not realy sure on what kind of limit should be set but soon its just gona be a battle to see who can cram the most max damage jewls on fast attackers.