Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Low Level Ad Bots in Hell

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Great_Evils, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

Low Level Ad Bots in Hell

Has anyone on the ladder noticed low level characters between 1 and 3 in hell difficulty advertising web sites? How are they killing baal in any difficulty, when there are level restrictions on entering the worldstone? This is becoming a real annoyance, especially when 3 or 4 of them come in at once.

2. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

They can get to hell and be level 1 because it is possible to leech the ancients quest, you just need to do ancients for a lvl 20 (for normal) in the same game who does not have the quest. Same goes for NM. Hope that clears some things up :)

Anyways, it's probably best to just leave the game or squelch the bot if they join your game.

-Relativity

3. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

you cant squeltch them coz one comes in for about 5 seconds then leaves then the next comes in so you cant do it.

4. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

make lvl 10< req games?

5. Death_Frog

Death_Frog IncGamers Member

haha i remember when a bot came in my game said one line(they always say 3 lines) then he stopped... i was like huh, thats weird for a bot. Then shortly after it said the bot was dropped... :lol: i laughed my anus off it was soo funny... a bot that lagged out :lol:

6. Lordjim

Lordjim IncGamers Member

I have noticed this some too. Becuase whey are under lvl 9 you can't hostel them but you can click to trade with them and then just keep clicking accept over and over. It caused the BOT in my game to get kicked it was funny so now i do that to all of them!!!!!!

7. 694095

694095 IncGamers Member

This is probably anti-spam measures. If you display the exact line more then three times in a row quick enough you usually get kicked.

8. freakinrican

freakinrican IncGamers Member

Hell-a bothersome...sigh.

9. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

I wish bliz would do something about these item buying sites. it was bad enough when they spammed up the channels, but now the games themselves????

Maybe i should start taking down their acct names and taking screenies. dunno if bliz will do anything but if they get enough reports of the same guy being a bot...well maybe its just a pipe dream.

10. _Durandal_

_Durandal_ IncGamers Member

So I get this right you're saying they have a level 20 character in the game the same time as their level 1 and do the ancients quest at the same time? I only ask because we have about eight mules we'd like to use for the hellforge quest without having to "make" eight more characters...can we get away with this tatic for the hellforge?

Oh, and for the record yes it's darn annoying having those stupid bots infiltrating our games now too...it was certainly bad enough when it was just in the channels, but now they seem to latch onto a game name and just keep following the crowd...ugh.

11. Relativity

Relativity IncGamers Member

To my understanding if you have a level 1, and you party with a level 20 who does not have the ancients quest completed, you can 'leech' the ancients quest when he completes it. The level 1 doesn't even have to be at the arreat summit to complete the quest either iirc. Basic leeching 101 ;)

-Relativity

12. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Even if you are level 1, as long as there is someone in your party who needs the baal quest (someone besides you), YOU will also get the quest reward for killing baal if the party kills baal. This happens even if you are partied while standing in town.

13. Aerotan

Aerotan IncGamers Member

The Ancients, however are another matter entirely in 1.10. they do NOT give the quest to anyone below l.20 anymore, which means that mules must now stick to normal...

14. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Did you not read my previous message, you DON'T have to kill the ancients. If you are in town partied with a group that is killing baal AND there is someone in that party besides you that needs the quest (and is down there in worldstone) you will also get the quest when they kill baal. This bypasses the ancients level req and results in level 1 chars appearing in hell.