Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Low DPS Challenge

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Capt Goodman, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Capt Goodman

Capt Goodman IncGamers Member

Hey guys, so this was discussed in another thread earlier, but it's kind of hidden, so I figured I'd make a new thread so anybody interested could participate.

I'm going to be running a competition to see who can find the lowest DPS ilvl 61-63 item. 10k gold buy-in, and it runs weekly from Sat-Fri. For the rest of the rules and to sign up, here's the link to the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApH7NL-IyXeudHBRTGxzNDY2X29ONzEtSzV6NzJ3b3c

Could be an interesting game, and will definitely make you laugh at how bad some of these items can be. Let me know if you've got any questions or anything.

EDIT - Capt, Added the rules so it's clear off the bat. ~ Elly

• Only ilvl 61 and higher allowed. (To account for reduced lvl req mod)
    • The competition will run from Saturday at 12:00 AM PST to Friday 11:59 PM PST
    • Entry Fee is 10k gold
    • You must pay your dues before the start of the competition
    • I'll be able to tell if you mess with other people's entries. Automatic DQ if you do.
    • You can only use an item once. I'll version off the entry form each week to check for double postings.
    • All items (White, blue, or yellow) are eligible.
    • No AH items allowed. I'll be requesting screenshots of the winners AH History to validate.

Payouts
    [TABLE="width: 500"]
    Place Percentage Gold Value 1st Place 85% 212,500 2nd Place 15% 37,500 [/TABLE]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  2. Kramskry

Kramskry IncGamers Member

I would love to be a part of this.

Fill me in for a spot

3. Capt Goodman

I put your name on the entry form. If you go to that spreadsheet and throw in your Btag, I'll meet up with you later tonight to get your entry fee. That's also where you'll want to link to your screenshot of your terrible weapon :p

4. Kramskry

Sounds good. Might not be on tonight but I will be tomorrow fo sho

5. Capt Goodman

I'll be on sometime this evening, and will shoot out requests to all the people wanting to participate, to collect dues. When I get home tonight, I'll post a screenie of my gold amount, so nobody thinks I'm running off with your 10k. (I've got 55m currently, so 10k is nothing to me :p ). Hopefully one of the admins here (stegs or spiffy Pleezzz) will vouche for me.

6. pulli

pulli IncGamers Member

this is stupid, without any change to the combat system of diablo 3 it is a joke. Better we focus on actual the faults of diablo 3 instead of making silly topics like these. Do we really need such topics on the forum?

7. Capt Goodman

Thanks for your positive contribution!

8. konfeta

konfeta IncGamers Member

How dare they enjoy the game the villainous rascals

9. Kramskry

You're so right! I am going to kill myself for attempting to have fun in a competitive manner. lololololol

10. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

So I give you 10k gold for permission to update a google docs spreadsheet? I'm missing something here.

11. Capt Goodman

You see the tab with the sign up information, right? (Not trying to be a jerk :thumbup: )

12. SuggestiveName

Rules, Entry Sheet, and Dues/Current Leader are the tabs I see. Rules just says "entry fee 10k" and I guess I can't figure out what I would be entering other than permission to list something on this spreadsheet. Not that 10k is worth much, I'm just, I guess, confuse.

13. Capt Goodman

That's strange. I hope everyone isn't having that issue.. I just logged in with my wife's info, but it's showing everything I input. Is there anything on the Entry Sheet that you can see? If you want to enter, just PM your Btag and I'll get you added.

14. SuggestiveName

I think I can see everything on the spreadsheet (and this is all just academic at this point since I don't play anymore) but I just figured that competitions with buy-ins usually feature some sort of Big Cash Prize other than your name on the top of a google doc.

15. Capt Goodman

Yeah, that's the idea. I guess I should note that somewhere haha. Whoever has the lowest DPS weapon wins the pot at the end of each week :p So however many entrants x10k gold.

16. spiffymcbang

spiffymcbang D3 Trade Moderator<br> America, USEast (D2)<br> Ne

I will vouch for capt goodman.
    this seems fun and in my normal world of play should be a shoe in for the win. However since I might now want lousy drops to win this I suspect my drops will improve.

17. Sky Tan

Sky Tan IncGamers Member

18. lanceuppercut

lanceuppercut IncGamers Member

I'm in for this, though maybe make it longer than a week? not sure about everyone else but I don't always have the time to do any serious farming, for rubbish :)

19. Capt Goodman

Alright, if you can put your btag on the spreadsheet, I filled in your incgamers name. I'd be open to that, like I said, this is kind of a work-in-progress idea. I chose 1 week / 10k because it was a short enough time that if you lost 10k, you're not broken up about it. I think if we do a longer competition 2-3 weeks we'd need to up the ante.

20. lanceuppercut

lanceuppercut IncGamers Member

how would paying the fee work? i'm on EU HC so it's going to be different for all over the shop as I notice you're in the US..