Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lots of Lag + Jittery: Diablo 3, Patch 2.4

Discussion in 'Tech Support for Diablo 3, Battle.Net & Systems' started by CyberAthlete, Jan 21, 2016.

1. CyberAthlete

CyberAthlete IncGamers Member

Hi everyone,
    Not sure what is going on but I am getting a lot of lag intermittently when I play and the game is not always smooth, but jitters every now and then.

My connection is 90mbps/12mbps

I was playing the game on the PS4 for a few weeks but then decided to go back to the PC and was shocked. The PS4 runs silky smooth and absolute zero jitter or lag, and the PC experience has been completely underwhelming.

PC Specs:
    i7-3770k
    ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Mobo
    16GB Ram
    Game is installed on SSD (Samsung 256GB Pro)
    GTX 670 OC (Gigabyte)

Internet connection:
    90Mbps DL/12mbps UL
    Desktop PC hardwired to router (25 ft, Cat 6 cable)
    Router hardwired to cable modem (100 ft, Cat 6 cable)
    Router: ASUS AC3100

Again I am not seeing lag issues at all when i game on any of my consoles or play any other games. So it can't be the internet connection or any of the hardware. In the games current state no way I can run Torment levels with my Demon Hunter, lest I want to be dying every 5 minutes due to lag. It's been this way a couple of days now.

If I do run the ping test -t in cmd, there are no dropped packets (for the entire duration of the test).

WTF could be going on? Thanks!

2. Rushster

Rushster Administrator

One solution I have read about is to make sure the Blizzard App is closed down when the game launches. You can set it to do that by clicking the Blizzard logo in the top left of the App, go to Setting and select "Exit the Blizzard App Completly" under the heading "When I launch a Game". Give that a try and let us know if that works.