Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Losts of failing games latly?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by robin2010, Feb 1, 2004.

1. robin2010

robin2010 IncGamers Member

Losts of failing games latly?

anyone noticing this?

2. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Not particularly. My internet connection is a crappy 56k that runs over phone lines so old they should be condemned. As such, my computer is pretty sensitive to any connectivity problems that might be coming from Blizzard's side. My games have been pretty stable, I have lag problems in high count games sometimes but I rarely drop out or get failed game messages.

Question for you. Are you doing anything in particular when you get these messages? Muling or switching from game to game quickly?

3. jonnytx

jonnytx IncGamers Member

I'm getting tons of them lately...something is screwy, it's never this bad.

4. RandomInsanity

RandomInsanity IncGamers Member

only when i really want to join the game
    example "killing NMdiablo" (right where I was) 5 players. failed to join. nuts.

5. LongScar

LongScar IncGamers Member

Yes last night i was getting failed to join a lot, even in making my own games, something at blizzard must be screwey.

6. robin2010

robin2010 IncGamers Member

either that or blizzard wants to be *** and make it so making like a million games for the rite ip takes longer

7. d2 junkie

d2 junkie IncGamers Member

That sounds like a good guess to me.its always busier on the weekends.And it started yesterday for me :grrr:

8. vipermyst

vipermyst IncGamers Member

A friend and myself both have had a very hard time both making and joining each other's ladder games. it started Friday night and hasn't let up except for a few hours Sat. evening. Oh well. guess it's time to take a break and wait for whatever is wrong to be fixed.

9. LongScar

LongScar IncGamers Member

Possible Solution

between leaving a game and joining/creating a new one enter a chat channel. that seems to be enough to keep me from getting it. Otherwise i was getting it every other game.

10. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Ya i'm getting them at odd time as well, pretty annoying..but the thing is, like what was mentioned be4...it seems to happend every time I see a game I REALLY want to get into..like for instance I really, really need a UM rune right now, and have tried forthe last 3 days to get one, abd last night UM 4 7%smfc...dangit! I got loads of'em...but naaaw, failed to join game!

LOL, but this is how its always been..remember those times in the trade channels, happened alot to me in 1.9, you fiannaly got someone to do a trade after posting for 45 min. The he says make a game, I try to make, or try and join his.....connection lost...I think its becasue I ctr/C or ctr/V to much to post, and it messes up my pc somehow?

11. xlodtraderx

xlodtraderx IncGamers Member

i've been getting alotta that happening to me and i run on cable. Also what i've noticed is that alotta people have been dropping in games...i mean ALOT. At least 1 or 2 players will drop after like the first 2 minutes of entering a game.

12. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Didn't see anything unusual on USEAST last evening until midnight and after. I did get a few Realm Down errors after exiting though, although I use two comps for the same account so, that might have had an impact

When you get a cannot join game, either you have been dropped unexpectedly from a game and your account needs resyncing (happens every 5 minutes on the servers) or else the game was filling up VERY fast. I think collision attempts when 50 people try to join the same game at once will cause people to get this message instead of the usual game full one.

13. Jonashi

Jonashi IncGamers Member

Just wait for about 5 minutes and retry. Yes this can cost you time trading/killing, but at least you know you have to get coffee, pee, or do some anti-RSI exercises. I personally always throw 1 or 2 legs of darts to tie me over.