Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lost the Horadric Staff

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Staigon, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Staigon

Staigon IncGamers Member

Lost the Horadric Staff

Ok, ok, this is silly, shame is covering me up to my ears but I lost the horadric staff in the Arcane Sanctuary. I lost a battle and was so mad that I closed the game. Now, I can't find it anymore so I can't move on in the Tal Rasha's Tomb.

What can I do??? :confused:

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

You should be able to collect the pieces again. If you open the chest in maggots lair, all it does is check to see if you have the staff in your possession. If you don't, it'll drop another one of you. The same applies to the claw viper temple.

3. Staigon

Staigon IncGamers Member

Great! I didn't know that. I'll go back to find it again. thanks! :D

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

oh, and another thing.
    If you manage to put the staff in the orfice to open duriels chamber, then quit the game or whatever, you will also notice the staff is gone.
    However, if you once have opened the cave, it will remain opened. (no need to run around finding all staff parts again)
    Using the staff to open the chamber, which means your staff is 'used' is the only way of not being able to find the pieces of it again in maggot lair/viper temple. (this of course also applies to if someone in your party uses the staff.)

5. Zenyatta

Zenyatta IncGamers Member

Re: Lost the Horadric Staff

I'm sorry to bring this up again, I know it's old, but, I am having this exact problem on my account, I'm playing 'offline'. I had already opened up the tomb and then when I died, I paused the game and instead of hitting 'continue' I hit 'save and quit' and then I was back in town with my corpse sitting next to me when I logged back in. I re-equipped and everything came back except the staff. I've searched the tomb for it, the cube, my inventory, my stash, and I tried to go back to find the pieces to make the staff but they won't drop. Have I totally stuffed it?? :( can I get it back by going on to battle.net? (i haven't done this before at all).

6. Are

Are IncGamers Member

If you have already used the Staff to open the tomb, then the tomb should still be open. That's why you can't find the staff pieces again. Just go to the True Tomb and see if you can enter Duriel's chamber.

7. Zenyatta

Had a look round there already :( and i've just discovered that my single player account can't be used on battle.net. :( lol

8. Are

Are IncGamers Member

Hm. So there is no hole in the wall in the room where the Orifice is? Does the Orifice ask you to insert the staff into it if you click on it?

9. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Yeah, Single Player accounts can only be used in Open and Tcp/Icp games.

10. Zenyatta

i'm not sure about the hole in the wall, because i haven't tried to go back in the front way. i was able to get back in to duriel's area, and my staff wasn't there. i've completed this quest already, that's why i'm not sure if i can get my staff back or not. :( i tried going back to the maggot's lair to get the shaft, and it did not drop from the chest, but this is before i saved the game. i'm not sure if it would be any different now.

11. Are

Are IncGamers Member

If you have completed the Duriel quest, then you can not get the Staff back no matter what you do. It's only purpose is to open the way to Duriel's chamber after all :)

I suppose that means you were using the Staff as your weapon of choice? You'll just have to find something else to use in that case, I'm afraid.

12. Zenyatta

*cries* it's almost as though they try to make it so that you'll lose the staff at some point after the quest is done - this hasn't happened to any other items of mine! *sniff* and it was such a useful item! am i likely to come across something equally nifty in the near future, say in the early part of act 3?

13. Metal Maniac

Metal Maniac IncGamers Member

Sorry to bring this up again, (it's kind of amazing there has been no addition to this thread for years, now there's two within a month), but, I can't seem to find the pieces to the Horadric Staff. I'm a level 77 Sorceress in Hell and already found the pieces and made the staff, but then stupidly put the staff down to make for extra space before going back town. Next thing I know, the game wouldn't let me pick the staff up again. Now I just went a did the Maggot's Lair to get the first piece back and it wasn't in the chest. I'm worried I'm totally screwed, is there anything I can do?

14. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

What does the quest log say with respect to the final act 2 quest?

15. Metal Maniac

Oh man, actually, I only found the staff part so far, then lost it. Sorry, my character got pounded in the Claw Viper Temple, it took me a while to get back, and I lost track of where I am. So I lost the only Staff part to the Horadric Staff, I haven't gotten the head piece yet, but the chest didn't drop the staff part in the Maggot Lair again. Thanks for the help though!

16. Are

Are IncGamers Member

Did you save&exit between losing the staff and trying to find it again?

17. Metal Maniac

Yes, I have saved and exited several times, and actually gone back to the end of Nightmare to battle Baal and his cronies in order to gain some experience and whatnot. I think I might just have to go back to the Valley of Snakes (where I got beaten down by the snake who is resistent to cold and fire, my two attacks. In fact, if you have any ideas on how to beat him let me know!) and try to get the Headpiece to the Horadric Staff again. Maybe that will get the game to replace the Staff part.

18. LeaTelamon

LeaTelamon IncGamers Member

You can't if it's immune to both of your schools. The only way is to let your merc ponder on him and if it's too strong, reload the game and hope it spawns with some nicer mods meaning it's not immune to both of your schools.