Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lost: soj,HOTO, etc.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by pooflinger, Mar 23, 2004.

1. pooflinger

pooflinger IncGamers Member

Lost: soj,HOTO, etc.

Heh, fun night for me. Died in a hell game and accidentally equipped a belt. Died trying to get my body and decided to rejoin. picked up body and noticed i was kinda naked. kind of funny really. Lost a perfect HOTO, 2soj, tals ammy,armor and belt, shako with fire facet, um'ed SS, 48% WTs, OCCY, and double isted mosers. Now if you die tonight, don't feel too bad, just remember my pain. Oh well, stuff happens and now i get to start over. :)

2. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I definitely admire the composure you're managing despite losing such awesome gear. I for one would not be so composed ;)

I guess that's kind of the same thing as dying in hardcore, except you still have the character. Oh well, good luck regaining your wealth, and sorry for your loss.

3. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

It is for this reason that when I die, I don't make any attempts to recovery my body, especially if it's in a hell game. I just leave the game and join another one and get my body back.

And this makes me wonder why some people get so fixated in retrieving their bodies even though the odds are very slim.

Sorry for your loss and I admire your composure.

4. ericbres

ericbres IncGamers Member

Yup ... I was in a game this weekend where a Necro kept dying in Act3 Hell in the jungle. Died about 10-12 times before he even bothered to ask for help.
    Probably had it in his head that if I went to help him recover his body ... I might steal his gold that dropped :scratch:

What a sorry state of affairs we have on bnet ... :cheesy:

5. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

I was under the impression that if you had multiple corpses, the one with the most expensive gear would spawn in town when you quit and came back. I would think all your 1337 gear is still there - or is that disabled when you pick up one corpse?

6. pooflinger

I'll be honest, the only reason I went back for my body is to unleash unholy vengeance upon those who killed me. I wasn't really thinking logically. Of course when the council is extra fast with might aura, it might be time for a new game.

7. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

The /nopickup command comes in really handy for this sort of thing.

Without pressing alt, you wont accidently pick up anything around your body when you try to snag it quick.

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

Yay, someone who does go OMFG I LOST ALL MY GEAR DAMNI B.NET

9. pooflinger

hehe, wasn't bnets fault, all my own. just thought I'd share that so others wouldn't feel so bad when they died.

10. Dorsia

Dorsia IncGamers Member

Thats OK.
    For not letting those kinda things to happen, I give away my items in chars that I am bored of, that I do not play alot, or even if I play, when I decide to get a new char.
    So, next time, have a give away:)