Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lost serial numbers.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by cinten, Jan 29, 2004.

1. cinten

cinten IncGamers Member

Lost serial numbers.

Hi, I just got a new computer. I had diablo 2 on my old comp for 2 years. The problem is that I lost the serial number to install the game. I have the original disks but was dumb and lost the number. Anyone know if their is a way to get the serial number off the diablo installed on your computer? Really not looking forward to rebuying. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. s4nder

s4nder IncGamers Member

I have a d2 expansion cd-key I don't need since my old cd broke and I bought a new one. I use the old cd-key myself though. If you can't recover yours I could pm you my cd key.

3. Jugalator

Jugalator IncGamers Member

Didn't I just reply to one of these posts? Hmm, anyway, yes, you can get the codes from your D2 install. Place this in your Diablo II directory and run it, and it will show you both the original and expansion CD keys. It's checked and is virus free too, which might need to be said with any unofficial D2 utilities.

4. Foxxx

Foxxx IncGamers Member

But it doesn't work in winME

5. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

Thats ok, now that the windows source code has been leaked you can probably upgrade to xp for free....winME is crap..lol

6. Foxxx

Foxxx IncGamers Member

True.....but it is just a backup computer....that I gave to my oldest. Her boyfriend is the one that installed Diablo 2 on it and he just put it into a weird directory. On the other hand I now know exactly which mpq the cdkeys are stored in. Deconstructed that little program to find out why it didn't work.