Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lost item after dying? Muling in town?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by klymentt, Feb 16, 2004.

1. klymentt

klymentt IncGamers Member

Lost item after dying? Muling in town?

Hey all,

A few minutes ago my lvl 85 ladder softcore hammerdin died while in Crystalline Passage helping someone rescue Anya. Was killed by some of those salamander thingies. I tried to recover my body and died once again so I left the game and brought in my sorcy. We subsequently finished the quest. I went back to my hammerdin and found that my Storm Shield had disappeared from inventory and was no longer equipped after picking up my body. My body was no longer laying on the ground. My base strength isn't high enough to use SS but once equipped, I do have enough strength. Is there any way I can get this item back? Anyone else having similar experiences?

Also, my friend was muling gems to craft items earlier today. He left all of them scatted on the ground in normal act 1. I was checking my stash. After a few minutes, my friend discovered that all of the gems had disappeared from the ground. Anyone had any similar experiences? Is this a bug?

Thank you. =)

- K

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

If your base strenght isnt enough, say bye bye.

3. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

as to the gems thing, this is a new feature in patch 1.10 designed to help players having the level covered in items.

after a few minutes, normal items (and probably all items) dissapear, including gems.

4. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

just dont die, especially with 1 body on the ground

5. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

i still havent gotten a clear explanation of how this 'losing stuff" thing works. everyone and their grandmother has a different explanation of it! ARGHH!

6. BartXeno

BartXeno IncGamers Member

If you try to recover your body and don't have room in inventory for items you can't equip naked, you will still have a body on the ground with the item(s) on it. If you have more than one body on the ground and exit the game, only the "most valuable" body will greet you in town when you next join a game and anything on the other bodies is gone forever. From The Arreat Summit site:

Before attempting to recover your body, you should make sure your inventory has room for anything you can't equip when naked. Usually, this can be done just by dropping all the potions that get dumpped into inventory when you die.

As for the gems on the ground disappearing, the answer is in the "Patch.txt" file in your Diablo II folder:

7. Codename_Snake

Codename_Snake IncGamers Member

Ummm that's not really true... I mean YA you're pulling this off the site and what your posting is correct. But you didn't answer the guys question...

I have a veil of steel that I do the STR bug with NOS coil. I put it on and than put the arach mesh on taking the NOS off thereby leaving me with less str to equip but having the str boost from the VEIL.

Now how it's worked for me is, I can't equip the veil and I've done this after dying many times too. What it does is keeps a body still on the ground to loot after I've picked up the body originally - the body on the ground has the veil waiting for me because it didn't fit in the inv or on me because I was using the str bug. What did I do? put the nos on than went to go get my veil that was sitting on a body in the middle of rogue.

Keep in mind I've done this after dying many times and it was in a different game than I died in.

So, the original story doesn't make any sense because if it was a bug than I woulda lost my VEIL a lloooonnnggg time ago. I'm thinking for SOME REASON you didn't notice a second body after your initial pickup

8. pliu

pliu Banned

It is the multiple corpses’ function of v1.10. When you have more than one corpse with items on the ground and you exit the game, only one corpse will bring back to the town when you reenter or join a new game. The items on not chosen corpses will gone and no way to get it back. I think Blizzard just a little bit foolish on the corpses things :rant:

9. klymentt

klymentt IncGamers Member

Thank you to all who have posted. I sincerely appreciate the input. =)

It is true that my base strength was not high enough to use the Storm Shield. The poster quoting Arreat Summit's explanation seemed to make sense for this situation. I died twice but only one body was saved . . . the one with the most stuff. When I enter a game, I arrive in town. I looked very hard at the place where I spawned for my body but only found one. There was no second body. There was nothing left to be picked up after clicking once on my body.

However, the poster I am quoting below has an account which also has merit. My sorcy has an Ali Baba (dex 42) and my sorcy only has base dex, all of the rest being awarded by runes and stuff. If she dies with the ali baba . . . wait . . . I recall getting my pally body just before dying again . . . but I probably wasn't able to collect all of the stuff off that body before dying that second time. Alright . . . so I guess the SS is gone forever, hey?

Thanks again.

- K