Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Lost character ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by bowndancer, May 3, 2005.

1. bowndancer

bowndancer IncGamers Member

Lost character ?

So I have been trying to log on my mules so they don't delete. Some still have the count down days but when I click on them says they haven't been played in 3 months? That wasn't too big a deal since most was junk but I have half an account that has no day count down and still gives me that message, lost rune mule with vex, ists and so forth :( Anything I can do? Can you actually send blizzard or whoever an appeal, or is that just futile?

Thanks in advance

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

its is futile.

things happen when you dont log on in 90 days even though you know that 90 days have not passed yet. Bnet can be evil sometimes. The only way to make sure that they dont expire is like long on every week or something.

3. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

There are a couple possibilities. One, it seems that sometimes characters go missing when Blizzard is performing mainenence on their servers (lost in the shuffle between back up files or wherever). If this is the case, it's normally righted within a week or so.

A second possibility is that your characters have not been played in 90 days, but you're computer doesn't realize it. The message you see about how many days before deletion is tuned to your computer's clock, but the actual time until deletion is tuned to blizzard's clock.

Most likely your computer clock is off now or was off the last time the characters were played. If you absolutely know that you logged onto a character within the past 90 days, go over to battle.net and send blizzard a message with your accountname, charactername, and the day/time you believe you last logged on. It's possible they made a mistake, and it can't hurt to try. (Note, do not send your account password. They don't need it.)

4. bowndancer

Thanks for the responses. I will wait a week and see what happens. Some of the other ones that actually have a day count down that say expired I think last time, said character expired and still let me log on to reset it, maybe buggy? Haven't played in a while, farmed some today and got some high level uniques, think the game is trying to make it up to me :) Sad thing is my gf lost her vex rune which she always wanted from forever, back when silence was uber. This lesson will teach us to not have 18 mule accounts, too hard to make sure they are all current when we aren't currently playing :(

5. thegiantturtle

This would be caused by the clock issue i mentioned, but working the other way. Your computer wrongly thinks it's been more than 90 days. Definitely double check that your clock is correct. If it's off, fixing it will make all the countdown numbers go screwy, so you should probably log into all your characters again to reset their countdowns.

6. bowndancer

Hmm would daylight savings mess anything up? My computer auto adjusts for that and think we had that recently? Lol sorry kinda forgetfull here, but yes my clock is correct.

7. thegiantturtle

No, daylight savings time won't be a problem. I'm not sure, but i believe the way it's stored in the computer wouldn't cause any difference. The very worst it would do is send your count off an hour.

Good luck getting your characters back, and with future muling accounts.