Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Losing items and getting rollback with tcp/ip multiplayer

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by gresaberit, Feb 12, 2019 at 5:25 PM.

1. gresaberit

gresaberit IncGamers Member

I can't seem to find any discussion about this so I will post it here to see if i get any response.

I started playing diablo 2 again recently with a couple of friends with Plugy over Hamachi. One of my friends stopped playing after a few days because he got rollback after every 2 or 3 games losing items/xp. We would always have the person hosting the games stay in the game until everyone else have left before leaving himself to not cause disconnects. We have all tried hosting the games and the issue seems to happen once in a while whoever hosts. I just entered my friends game and he traded me a pair of magefist. I pressed esc and save and exit and next game i entered i was rollbacked 2 games to where i was dead and magefist's gone.

does anyone know what I'm talking about and could shine some light on the subject?

2. gresaberit

gresaberit IncGamers Member

So now my friend hosted 6 games in a row and after we had cleared i did save and exit i get "your connection has been interrupted". all 6 times i get rollbacked and loose exp and items. The 7th game i even got a random "your connection has been interrupted" after i picked up an item and when reconnecting It's gone.

3. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I've mp'd via tcp/ip with and without hamachi and never had it happen, but then I've never used PlugY because it's not an accepted mod on these forums.