Lore question

linkato1

Banned
Lore question

Hello,

my level 33 untwinked septavirate HC skellymancer just found SOL form the Crystalline Passage and I'm thinking that I use it for Lore.

What do you think on using just a two socket helm sold by Charsi or Fara as other two socket helmets don't grow on trees?

As the skellymancer just avoids combat the lower defense is nothing. And at the same time my necro is gambling for circlets like there's no tomorrow so he'll bound to find something better than Lore sooner or later.

Topi

SharnMes

Diabloii.Net Member
Just throw the runes into any two socket helm you can find as you pointed out yourself a necro seldom engage in hand to hand combat so the defence really isnt important. Resistance are vital however and Lore does gives the very nice 30% LR which in my opinion are the most important resistance in DII to get as high as possible :)

cotton

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, any 2soc helm will work out fine, although a war hat or sallet is probably ideal, taking lvl requirements of the runes and str requirements into account. Still, I consider Lore "twinking" gear, and I think you'll probably outgrow it by end game, so ideal might not be necessary. I use a Lore sallet for twinking now, and I used to use a Lore bonehelm (which I gave to a friend) which I liked because it was hideously ugly (but in a better way than a war hat!)

Just make sure that hat you buy from charsi is grey, not blue (I know you prolly know that already, but you can never be too careful.)

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
I would try shopping for a bone helm for the aesthetics of it.

Uh.. What's a septavirate skellimancer?

linkato1

Banned
Pherdnut said:
I would try shopping for a bone helm for the aesthetics of it.

Uh.. What's a septavirate skellimancer?
You can find septavirate rules from here:

http://www.dangreen.name/septavirate.html

But in short:

Septavirate is a set of seven characters that are trying to attain guardian status without outside help in single play HC.

Topi

P.S. Who sells white (gray) bone helms?

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm i dun do HC but if you could find a Peasant Crown war hat/Tarn then that sol could be saved for nice merc weapon like an eth 'Honor' Lance/Warpike or eth 'Obedience' thresher. I'd go with a bone helm too for style points :p

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
Pherdnut said:
Hmm.. Actually you might not see those until late Act II or Act III. NM
ive had an eth (non socketed one though) drop in a1 normal den of evil