Looting Quickly

Stringbean

Diabloii.Net Member
Looting Quickly

Hello all. I am still pretty new to this game. I have a question in regards to people picking up gear on teh ground so quick after killing a boss. Is there something I dont know? I never seem to be able to grab any of the gear that drops. Maybe its just practice and luck eh? Thanks!

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Looting Quickly

I haven't played battle.net for a while but I belive often a hack/third party programme is used that snaffles everything that drops.

Either that or people have very fast connections and even quicker fingers!

TraderScope

Diabloii.Net Member

1) When the boss is down to about 10% of health, push down your "show items" hotkey.
2) While holding down your hotkey, move next to boss and target the boss with your mouse's cursor. (be careful not to aggro the boss at this point.)
3) You now keep an eye on the bosses health-bar and be ready to grab anything that drops as a result of it's imminent death. You do this by hitting your left mouse button maniacally and clicking on the item names.
4) Now if you got blazing reactions and that decribed above went well, you should have at least one item in your possession.

PS. The real MF-runs are usually done alone at higher levels.

CYBERPUNK

Diabloii.Net Member

hrmm, that's not a bad idea using the spacebar, I might have to try that

and I'm getting better myself at having a quick eye and quicker reflexes, but I find that your best odds are just to have a largely open backpack and click like crazy, sure you'll probably pick up some junk, but it's the only way in the feeding frenzy sometimes

and yeah while I hear that the latest patch borked all the old MH's, I wonder if there's already new hacks out there, like the ones used to grab stuff (I wouldn't doubt it, especially considering the spambots are already back in full force, booo)