Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking forward to being a part of this community

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by T72on1, Mar 1, 2016.

1. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Hi everyone,

I recently signed up here, and figured it's time for a little introduction, and just to say 'hi'.

Maybe a little warning to begin with: I like to talk about computer games and I like languages in general (although English is not my native languange, I'm from Belgium, so I'm afraid there will be some spelling mistakes and such at times), so my posts tend to be lengthy. Despite that, I try to keep them clear to read.

So, where to begin? I'm from Belgium, I'm 39 years old and I have been playing computer games since I was about 12 years old. My wife and I have 3 little boys, age 10 (almost), 8 (almost) and 6 (just), so my gaming time isn't what it used to be. Or at least it shouldn't be :rolleyes:.

Ever since discovering Diablo 1, I've mainly been playing APRGs, with Diablo 2 securely in first place. Other ARGPs where Diablo III (a lot, until 2 seasons ago when I got burnt out on the game), PoE (some), Torchlight II (some), Sacred (a lot, a long time ago) and recently Grim Dawn (100 hours so far, but certainly more to come). In the past I've also been playing quite some FPS (Doom, Unreal, UT, HL1 and HL2), racing games and Fifa. Nowadays the only games I play besides D2 and Grim Dawn are Fifa15 with my eldest son and occasionally The Need for Speed Most Wanted, because it was free on Origin and it's very fun.

I am a member of the Amazon Basin guild since the end of 2007. For D3 I have also been, and still am, helping out the guild, first as mod, then as officer and after that as co-admin. Currently I'm playing a D2 HC group game with 5 fellow members on Monday evening.

I've been a lurker on these forums for a long time now, and especially have been visiting the SPF after I got burnt out on D3 and once again returned to D2. So far I have a few projects in D2 SP SC under my sleeve, mainly 2 Septs, one with a Grief PB as central theme, and one with 7 single tree characters. Besides that I've created some 25 characters in SP SC, about half of that alone, the other half in TCP/IP games with Belthazor, a member of our guild, who was also active on the SPF a couple of years ago.

Recently I started a MF sorc in HC, to see if I could find some wealth there as well. This has been rather succesfull, she is almost level 93 now. Before that I had already made one Guardian in SP, a Dancer Assassin. The plan is to make at least 5 more characters, one of each class. One of them, the Javazon, is already a Guardian. Three of the other 4 have been started, with only the Paladin not started yet.

So to probably the most important aspect of my post: the reason why I'm joining here. Like I said, I have already been a lurker here for a long time, but was always happy to only be on the Amazon Basin. But, however awesome that guild is, there aren't many members playing D2 SP, if any at all. The SPF on the other hand, still seems active. So that's why I want to be a part of it: to be able to share my stories, thoughts, feelings, ... about the game. And also to be able to join some challenges or tournaments, because that seems like a lot of fun to me !!!

So like the title says: I'm looking forward to be a part of this community !!!

Cheers

2. zticazzy

zticazzy IncGamers Member

Welkom / Bienvenue / Willkommen, depending on which part of Belgium you come from :) The single-tree sept seems intriguing, can't wait to see more of it!

T72on1 likes this.
  3. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Thanks :). That would be 'Welkom' where I live, in the northern part, very close to the border with the Netherlands.

As for the single-tree Sept ... I'm not sure if it was clear from my first post, but both Septs have already been completed some time ago. I have full write-ups of the general concept and of each individual build at the Basin, but I doubt it would be appreciated if I start posting links to those threads here. The single-tree Sept consisted of the following characters:

Sorceress: Charged Boltress
    Barbarian: Bash / Double Throw Barb
    Assassin: Fire Traps / Blade Fury hybrid
    Amazon: Bow and Crossbow tree. Freezing Arrow / Multishot / Magic Arrow
    Necro: Dentist (ended up being a standard Bonemancer mainly though, Teeth is quite weak)
    Paladin: Kingslayer Decapitator wielding Paladin, synergizing Vengeance from Kingslayer through the Defensive Aura Tree
    Druid: Fire Druid

Some were challenging, others were a lot of fun. Especially the Amazon, the Assassin and the Paladin worked really well. The Sorceress would have been the strongest and easiest of them all if I would have Infinity available, but alas I don't have that one in SC. Ironically I do have it in HC, as I was lucky enough to find two Bers in three days while mf'ing with my Sorc (the only 2 high runes I have found so far since returning to HC, next to the Sur my Dancer Assassin found).

What I forgot to mention in my opening post: I didn't sign up here for the trading aspect, although that isn't set in stone, so I might turn to trading at some point. My HC characters and GoMule stash are according to the trading forum rules afaik. My SC characters and GoMule stash aren't, as I have been playing PlugY for the Ubers and DClone for a short time, and my characters have been using the Annis and Torches I have found since then. So I'd either have to start fresh in SC for that, or keep my trading (and participating in most Tournaments with existing characters) to HC.

zticazzy likes this.
  4. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Keep us updated on your adventures, we like stories!

T72on1 likes this.
  5. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

Welcome, you sound like a great person to have around.

I didn't realise most wanted was free. At first you got me excited that it might have been the 2005 one!

T72on1 likes this.
  6. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Welcome aboard! I hope to see you in some tournaments / Rune Find Olympics soon!

T72on1 likes this.
  7. fmulder

fmulder Site Contributor

Welcome to the forums! We are nearly the same age :D

T72on1 likes this.
  8. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

Run! Run while you still can! ...ahem, i mean: Welkom! ;)

Oh man, not sure if this forum can cope with another Belgian. Kamap is already a handfull. :p Sounds like we're practically neighbours. I'm from the south of the country north of you.

Unfortunately this forum ain't what it used to be, but there's still some people around. Part them mostly for OT talk, but also some that are still playing. And there's still a good deal of knowledge here. Although it sounds like you got that covered. Personally i haven't played in about a good half year now, but i like it here. And who knows perhaps i shall play again one day.

T72on1 likes this.
  9. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Thanks everyone :).

10. Tenecabo

Tenecabo IncGamers Member

Welkom! The more Belgians the merrier! Though I go by dual citizenship nowadays, I'm still Belgian by heart ^^. Used to live near Ghent :).
    Enjoy your stay here, it's a place that keeps dragging you back to D2 ^^.

T72on1 likes this.
  11. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

O great, as if D2 alone isn't enough to keep dragging me back to D2 ;):p ...

Thanks for the welcome !!!

12. ColossalAtom

ColossalAtom IncGamers Member

Welcome. It sounds like you have a lot on your hands being married with three children, while fitting in D2 time as well? I couldn't even imagine being married or have a child. My future career will have me working unsociable hours. Also I literally have zero experience with children, because I don't have a younger sibling or ever had the chance to babysit a child/baby in my entire life.

You play with your members in a LAN game? I never had the opportunity to ever play with someone on that mode.

13. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

ColossalAtom I was a young 20 something at university. Now I'm a mid 30s married with 2 kids and a job. I had no experience with kids but with the right partner you get good training as you go. I'm currently on a road trip with the family

14. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Thanks :). As Timinator said, you slowly roll into things, and in the end they work out well. Certainly with the right partner, and I consider myself very blessed when it comes to that. We are together for over 21 years now, and I still think she is amazing.

Now that the kids aren't so young anymore (as in: not babys, requiring all our attention, I actually have some more time for my own again. I spend a lot of that time trailrunning, but when I'm at home I still find some time to fit in D2 :).

I only ever played with 2 guild members over TCP/IP, and mainly only one. But it was very fun: all the benefits of SP, and partied up with an awesome guy to boot !!!

15. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums! Great to see some new faces here!

Don't worry about the lengthy posts, you'll see that we have some essayists here :D If a suitable topic arises, one may put quite a time and effort to write and help or discuss about it.

T72on1 likes this.