Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for vambraces

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Ax2Grind, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Looking for vambraces

I figure the best way is to gamble, since I'm at least gauranteed of chain gloves and then only need a roll to get elites. This will cost money, but as I go out and get more with whatever characters I use to magic-find that can imply drops, as well. Is there an ideal way to figure this out, i.e. ATMA for gambling odds/where the most likely monsters to drop them, or have I pretty hit the nail on the head?

BTW, I've never downloaded ATMA, so I wouldn't really know much about that program or what it does, etc.

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It's probably faster to gather the money and gamble for then than to find magical vambraces in a game. When I need gloves for the knockback recipe, I gamble for them. At first I only used vambraces, but it takes a long time and a lot of money until you get a pair, so I also accept heavy bracers now.

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

They drop all the time in hell cows. I know unique items don't seem to drop as often there, but if I were looking for unique elite gloves I'd probably give Hell cows a whirl with full MF from what I've seen. Not sure which unique gloves can drop in cows though. If you're just looking for crafting gloves though, give cows a shot.

4. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Thanks, both of you

That's how I got Messerschmidt's Reaver and 142 Atma's Wail last night, with my No-MF Lightning Amazon: trying to sell as much high-end stuff to get money then gamble. My magic-finder is my sludgehammer, who is chuck full of perfect jewels waiting for a Baal grand charm to reroll, so I figure gambling/cows should do the job.

5. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

The best area for magical vambraces is the cow level. In a one-player game, about 1 in 200,000 (0%MF) or 1 in 40,000 (400%MF) cows will drop a pair of magical ones. Best droppers are act 3-5 bosses with a chance of about 1 in 1000.

Because bosses can't drop nonmagical items if magical ones of that type are possible, they will drop less magical items (and more rare, set and unique ones) if your characters wears MF stuff.

The item drop generator of ATMA will provide more details. See my sig for a link.

Good luck, I will continue with gambling :lol: