Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for Uzziah for help (item altering)!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by batuchka, Apr 16, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Looking for Uzziah for help (item altering)!

Hi i returned to LOD after 18mths-2years and am pleasantly surprised at how godly rares can get. Also i read Uzziah's old guide about altering items in game but the thread is closed :( My question is : suppose i find exceptional class ethereal weapons in hell after act 3 or Pits - could they spawn cruel/masters imbuing at Charsi? If so what clvl would be best for optimum results as i have mostly 80ish clvl chars and saving up my imbue quests :( Also to obtain +2 circlets/coronets/tiaras/diadems 86 is the min clvl right - while +2 on class specifics (necro heads/wands/pally shields/scepters/barb and druid helms is 42? Thank you Uzziah for the guide firstly and thks in advance to anyone who could enlighten me :D

2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Yes those ethereal weapons could spawn cruel/master's. I would be looking more for elite class weapons than exceptional ones. However, ideally you would also want a repair mod too so that they won't break. That would make an ideal imbue that much more difficult as you are now looking for 3 affixes and not just 2. Some people get around this by imbuing ethereal crystal swords and dimensional blades then upgrading them to phase blades which are indestructible. Thus saving yourself one desired affix.

According to d2data.net the affix levels for Cruel and Master's are both 56. You would then need to find the quality level of whatever item you are going to imbue (it varies from item to item). Also take note that the ilvl will be +4 your chacter level when you imbue. You can then plug those numbers into the algorithm found in the guide and get an answer.

For circlets and class-specifics are you asking what is the min clvl to use or to imbue at? For +2 skills the alvl is 90 for circlets and amulets and 50 for everything else. This means a required clvl to equip at 67 and 42 respectively.
    Also, remember that circlets have a magic level associated with them. Because of magic level and quality level Diadems can always spawn with every available affix regardless of their ilvl.

3. batuchka

Thks BFD! So since Cruels/Master's affix lvls are 56 so min clvl to imbue a weapon with these mods is 52 and 86 for +2 skills in circlets and 46 for class specific items am i correct to say that?

4. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

if you upgrade an eth, doesn't it lose its bonus? i know it does for uniques, does it work that way for rares?

5. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

The bug only occurs on armors, so rare/unique weapons keep the bonus.

6. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

You need to take into account the qlvl of the base item. Then work through the steps backwards to get the desired ilvl:

From the Guide to Altering Items ingame http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=258325

7. batuchka

Ah ok thks again - need to do some short researh i guess hehe.

8. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Oh wow called out by name sorry I was out for the weekend, but it looks like your question was answered.

I would suggest the D2Data site as well as the affix site, for your needs. between the two you can get what clvl and what chance you have at getting your affixes.

One of the most common uses for the imbue is cruel etheral rare dimensional swords to be upgraded into phaseblades. It's nice to have an ethereal cruel weapon with indistructable abilities.

A bit of research never hurts, I am glad you found my guide semi useful. :)

9. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

To have a chance for Cruel on a rare weapon you need either a qlvl or an item level of at least 78, so you need either any of the high-end elite weapon types, or be at least character level 74.

To have a chance of +2 skills on circlet types, you need clvl 83 for Circlets, 78 for Coronets and 73 for Tiaras. Diadems can always get them.

10. batuchka

Hey the person i'm looking for! Hmm actually i found your guide very useful and i really want to make use of my imbuing quests so i was intrigued with your guide :p I would be free and easy in 24hrs time and i'd seriously get some research done and start off the quest to imbue awesome rares hehe. Oh and to build my poison/summon necro after finding a gold unearthed wand last night (Thank you pindle!) lol Good guide and thanks for sharing!