Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for some help with druid build

Discussion in 'Druid' started by rayschaller, Jun 16, 2005.

1. rayschaller

rayschaller IncGamers Member

Looking for some help with druid build

Hey all,well been playing d2 for about week and 1/2 and got a lvl 36 necro summoner i love but wanted to look at a more hands on but still pet build,so heres some ideas i have and hoping can help me in a direction to go with the build.

Want to have use of bow or crossbow and mix in some of the damage spells with summons as the aggro holders...is this viable or would points be too thin for a decent damage and summon builds..this will all be in pvm single player so looking for something that can handle bhaal runs and such for nice loot.

Thanks in advance for reply..just dont really know wher to start or what paths are good damaging and such,oh also will the mana vine really benefit such a build as far as keeping damage spells going?

2. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Welcome to the druid forum! :howdy:
    Read the stickies and enjoy your stay.

Hmm... less than two weeks, I thought D2 won't gain any new players anymore but I'm glad I've been proven wrong.

One good bow, elemental and summoner hybrid is Beowulf's huntermentalist.
    The skill layout goes approximately like this:

20 grizzly
    20 heart of wolverine
    20 fissure
    20 volcano
    rest into firestorm or moulten boulder

This build uses a bow to add to the damage dealt via heart of wolverine's damage bonus. Its pretty straight forward to play, plant fissure in the monsters path or under your grizzly if it is tanking and pelt them with arrows. For larger targets use volcano.

For equipment, anything you can come up really. Here are a few affordable suggestions though.

Edge runeword in a blade bow(razor bow for earlier levels)
    Duriel's shell unique cuirass
    Jalal's mane unique totem mask
    Immortal king's forge war gauntlets
    Immortal king's pillar war boots
    Immortal king's detail war belt

Good luck with your druid! :thumbsup:

3. rayschaller

Thanks so much for the guide reference wasnt sure which one wa going to fit..sorry if seemed lazy jsut still geting the lingo down for the forums as far as game reference.Yeah was looking for something basic and such.

Will this chrs ahve many trouble areas as far as hell ?

4. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Hell will be slow =)

But, it'll be slow for everything but cookie cutter builds, or uber twinked ones.

Fire Immunes in particular will slow you down a bit. Just take it easy and you'll get there.

If you want to clear areas extremely fast, Summoners in general are not the way to go =)

5. rayschaller

yeah starting to see that,thanks for the heads up but just thinking of throwing the basic summoner deals and poison creeper and bow for now with my mean ole grizzly

6. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

As long as you enjoy the char it's all good =)

That's what games are for after all :thumbsup:

7. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

While there are about a dozen different hunter builds, i don't think but 3 or 4 are still end game viable. basically any build that includes a maxed grizzly and at least 5 in dire wolves should get you there. read through the strategy guides herer and the stratagy page relating to hunter builds. not a whole lot has changed for hunters for quite some time, so feel free to read guides back to 1.07 or so. this should give you PLENTY of background to build a viable hunter.

just trust me on the grizzly bit. you'll never kill hell baal without him.

8. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

I find them very viable and with enough +skill a huntermentalist can do enough cummulative damage from bow, fire skills, merc and summons. In hell 8 player games my bear with maxed HoW and a might merc can 2-3 hit kill almost any monster. I sometimes help him along by using a lacerator on the switch to cast amp from time to time. Very fun build my most recent one is now nearing lvl 90.

9. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

with might merc and how, won't the grizzly get shredded to pieces in hell act 5 if he's surrounded? are u using any other buffs but amp? sorry i did mention i havent played in 6 months. ;) i had to scrap a druid once cause i didn't have enough points to beef up my bears life a bit. of course with all these new runewords, perhaps there is another way to buff him now that i haven't thought of :)

10. rayschaller

just curious how the huntermentalist is going for u beowulf and thanks all for the help!!