Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Looking for optimal Amazon build for hc p8 solo untwinked

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by w-igor, Apr 2, 2016.

1. w-igor

w-igor IncGamers Member

Could you recommend anything? :) I'd like her to be able to handle p8 hc solo untwinked with a way to kill immunes waster than 10min each :)
    I was thinking about Fishyzon, but I'm not sure whether it's optimal for this situation

(I've posted a similar thread on Amazon forums, but focused on optimising Fishyzon, I hope that's ok. Also, I know here I can find SP experts which could not look too often on amazon forums)

Thank you!

2. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I would indeed think a Fishyzon should be best. FA/Strafe or FA/Multi could also work, but you'd be very dependant on the bow you'd find for the Strafe / Multi part.

3. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

there are very few builds in the game that can do what you are asking. any untwinked p8 solo game is going to be a rough ride, especially hc. a fishyzon with poison backup is probably your best chance. lower resist charges on wands are also recommended to speed things up. go full lightning until hell, then respec to balance lightning fury and pois jav. you must get pois very high to kill immunes though, like 10k at least.

gear is all about life, resists, and +skills. +2 amaz skills jav and ammy, lore, peace, spirit are easy ways to boost your passive skills, which you need to stay alive. getting 20ias on gloves with +jav skills is also doable by shopping with anya. i prefer the speed over damage, especially with charged strike.

get a holy freeze merc to help slow down the enemies.

be very patient

don't die

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    coju likes this.
  4. Aslearr

Aslearr IncGamers Member

hey

i have a BowAmazon 84 played p8 until hell
    in hell i recomnend Valkyrie max and using defensive merc to support the Valkyrie and yourself
    maxed FreezingA ImmolatiA using Guide arrow to steal mana
    i have nearly 200% MagicFind and my mec has 100+% when i doing some run
    my gear is not very good but i can manage to do some travincia runs in p5
    and yes take itt slow dont rush :) use decoy all the time

and have nice day :)

5. colony

colony IncGamers Member

I'd probably go with a LF/FA build. LF will kill non-immunes well enough using a cracked javelin after a few +skills items and there are one or two relatively cheap shield RWs (Rhyme and later, if you're lucky, Sanctuary) that allow you get max block to stay alive better.

Freezing arrow works well for HC as it stops non-immunes and is much more dependable than the poison or fire skills. I'd spend synergy points here rather than on LF as they have a bigger impact on damage. Good use of decoys will be needed later in Hell to keep yourself alive when you have the bow out.

Standard stat distribution (str/dex for items, rest in vita) - no need to try too hard to get high str/dex as you rely more on the affixes on items than the physical damage/defence. You'll need a massive amount of mana pots to sustain damage though on p8.

No idea what a Fishyzon is either.

6. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Fishyzon = What you said col. I think you can guess who wrote the guide....

7. NoisemakerArrow

NoisemakerArrow IncGamers Member

Zon Stewart?

coju likes this.